Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Villars to Les Diablerets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi we're staying in Villars for a long weekend of 3 days skiing (first time there), does anyone know how you can get to Les Diablerets and Glacier3000, it's included in our ski passes, but doesn't seem to be joined up from the piste map I can see, are there ski bus/public transport options?

Thanks Rich
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Rich D, You can get to Les Di... easy enough - there's a rather unusual 2-way chair lift that links it with Villars.

You'd then need a bus to get to the lifts to the Glacier. We didn't bother when there for a long weekend
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Brilliant thanks.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You'll end up skiing Les Diablerets when in Villars generically as mentioned above, it is a bit of a faff to get to glacier 3000 and generally not really worth it. Certainly should go the other end though and explore the full end of Villars down over to the pistes at Gryon, but the nicest skiing in the region is usually around Meilleret area over the Diablerets side. The chair linking the 2 areas was only upgraded a few years ago for the Junior Winter games and is zippy enough, so its pretty seamless across to Diablerets from Villars.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As an addendum to the above, many visitors to Villar end up just skiing around the pistes at Bretaye, Roc D'Orsay etc, which is fine, but there's a lot more to do away from there.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks useful info will make sure we check those areas out too.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@coddlesangers, Yes I agree, it's an interesting area that rewards and explorative approach.

The chair upgrade you mention was post my visit. In those days it was a vary curious padded chairlift like an armchair
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There’s some great Freeride terrain off G3000 if that’s your gig
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the help snowheads. We had 3 great days skiing. the first day Saturday was one of the busiest ski days I've ever seen (and that includes 3 valleys in half term).
we skied across to diablerets and then down to vers d'eglise but ended up queuing across the piste for 20mins for a drag lift, so escaped back to villars to ski overly moguled reds.
Sunday was much quieter and we went the other way across to gyrons and had some lovely long easy blues before coming back to villars for the afternoon.
Monday we skied across to diablerets then jumped on the bus and cable car to glacier 3000. the skiing wasn't worth the hassle of getting there, but the views and the walk across the sky bridge was worth it. We were back in Villars for the afternoon, and managed to ski until they closed the slopes.
it was a great get away and apart from the Saturday crowds was really enjoyable, albeit with some questionable snow.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Saturday was indeed NUTS. In 13 years in Switzerland I've never seen it busier (I was over in Leysin that day). Snow wise, all over the alps we're praying for a freshen up, but that blocking high seems set to stay forever.... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy