Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer Zurich - St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hello fellow snowheads.

we are 2 familes of 4 hopefully (usual caveats apply) heading to St Anton, via Zurich, for half term. We are considering train or taxi (minibus type thing) as transfer options from airport to resort but not sure which to take. Car hire is extortionate.
The total costs are not that different for 8 people - train a little cheaper but timings not coinciding that well with flights so probably an extra hour each way waiting around at the airport going by train vs taxi.

- What is the traffic like during holiday season in that area ? the extra hour waiting for/after the train could quickly be mitigated by bad traffic ! Ive experienced over 6 hours Tignes to Geneva so would rather avoid anything similar !
- based on UK no longer being in Schengen and additional covid paperwork, any idea how long it would take to get through zurich airport at what I presume is a peak weekend? How long should I allow from landing to train departure ? Id hate to miss the train and spend 2 hours waiting for the next one!
- is seat booking on the train necessary ?
- if we miss the planned train due to airport holdups, are we likely to find space on the next one ?
- any recommendations for taxi transfer companies ? The enquiries Ive made so far are all in the 750-800 eur total round trip for 8 people.

thanks in advance !
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hello!

We have done both the train and took a transfer on the Arlberg Express-https://arlbergexpress.com/en/services/zurich-airport-bus-transfer/online-booking

The Arlberg Express is really good and comfortable- think the transfer time is about 2hr 30ish depending on how many drop offs. We managed to get dropped off right at the door which was great but i think if they're busy they will just do the main stops. Prices is EUR50 PP each way I think. Not sure if there's any discount for groups. We have been a few times and never really had much of a delay for traffic.

When we went through Zurich in December we got in at the same time as a large Canadian flight and we were waiting to get through the border for about and hour and a half.. not sure if it has improved since then.

We have only gone from St Anton -> Zurich on the train but we didn't book a seat and it was okay. That was just before Christmas and we got seats and space for our two bags and ski bag. There wasn't many seats together though so i think if you want to be in a group i'd book!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Long delay at Zurich passport control Sunday 2nd. About an hour snaking back and forth
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@iomgirl, @DCG,

thanks - with 8 of us, getting the coach will be as much as a taxi so will probably try to organise a private minibus given the a risk of getting stuck for hours in passport control and missing the train !

do you know the liklihood of having our PCR checked on crossing the boarder by road into to Austria ? Looks like you can enter CH with a lateral flow taken within 24 hours. Fully intending on taking the PCR for Austria but worried they might come back positive if one of us gets covid then recovers in the next 5 weeks ! If no one is likely to check it, I can worry a bit less !
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy