Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Land in Geneva drive to France?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
any thoughts on this route for Feb? Confused
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@CuTV, it's illegal if you're coming from the UK currently. Seems like there's some potential relaxation coming up, with discussions possibly taking place next week.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
According to MorzineSource, Tourism WILL be permitted at some point after the meeting due to held on Jan 12th.
https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=morzine%20source%20magazine
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
WindOfChange wrote:
According to MorzineSource, Tourism WILL be permitted at some point after the meeting due to held on Jan 12th.

I don’t think they’ve any more insight than the rest of us tbh, but I think this week’s announcements will be interesting as they will give an indicative timescale - eg meeting on Wednesday am, press conference announcing what’s happening in vague terms then details announced who knows - today? For introduction who knows? I’m hoping for details Thursday 13th, implementation from midnight on 15th (so we can fly in late on 14th).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I appreciate that things will change, but I am hoping that there is some clarity on my question.

If we fly from London to Geneva we have to fill out the Swiss Entry form indicating we are transiting. My question is whether we also need to fill in the French entry forms as well (assuming that the French relax the restriction on UK arrivals)?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FrediKanoute wrote:
I appreciate that things will change, but I am hoping that there is some clarity on my question.

If we fly from London to Geneva we have to fill out the Swiss Entry form indicating we are transiting. My question is whether we also need to fill in the French entry forms as well (assuming that the French relax the restriction on UK arrivals)?

We always have completed both (when the French requirement was the attestation saying you’ve not been coughed on for a fortnight) but have never been asked for it by anybody.

I think if the rules relax to allow tourism then the current French PLF (which is so they can come and check you’re isolating) will go as I can’t imagine they’ll allow tourism and then expect people to isolate - I think the worst it’ll be is they’ll put UK on their red list, which means test within 48hrs and the same attestation (if you’re vaccinated).
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
andy from embsay wrote:

We always have completed both (when the French requirement was the attestation saying you’ve not been coughed on for a fortnight) but have never been asked for it by anybody.

I think if the rules relax to allow tourism then the current French PLF (which is so they can come and check you’re isolating) will go as I can’t imagine they’ll allow tourism and then expect people to isolate - I think the worst it’ll be is they’ll put UK on their red list, which means test within 48hrs and the same attestation (if you’re vaccinated).

Thanks for this it makes sense to have both ready just in case! Thanks for the advice.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
swskier wrote:
it's illegal if you're coming from the UK currently.
And that's what we all thought.
But we met a group of 4 (older, 60+) skiers in Tignes yesterday who had flown in on Saturday from Edinburgh to Geneva.
They were staying in a "chalet". The chalet owner had said its yours if you get there, but didn't want anything to do with travel. They organised own transfer. They were a bit alarmed to be asked at the border if they had €10,000. But then the border guards said something like "oh, who cares?", and let them in.
So, it seems it can be done
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Jonpim, I wonder if the difference is that at a French airport or ferry port you have border force equivalent (whose job is to make sure people have the right to enter, stamp passports etc) as well as customs (whose job is to stop smuggling). At the GVA border they’ll only be customs won’t they so interested in beer/cash/pork product but as it’s Schengen they aren’t so much interested in entry requirements?

On the two occasions I’ve been stopped at Bardonnex (once in covid times last September) they only asked about booze and cash, never had to show a passport.

Hopefully academic q shortly anyway!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
andy from embsay wrote:
WindOfChange wrote:

I’m hoping for details Thursday 13th, implementation from midnight on 15th (so we can fly in late on 14th).

Wouldn't that make you fly in a day early? Puzzled Don't you mean midnight on 14th? Puzzled Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Bergmeister, midnight (for the purposes of laws changing) is 00.00 - which is the “following” day (hence there was flappage when this came in at midnight on 18/12 as that was 2300 on 17/12 in UK).

So 14th ends at 2359. We will maybe driving in an hour early at 2300.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy