Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot fitter in North East

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,
can anyone recommend a ski boot fitter in north east England please? I bought some Dalbello boots from Snow & Rock, had them fitted and got the custom insoles. Left foot is great but my right foot is realy painful after only a few minutes in them.
Been back a couple of times and been adjusted but still no joy so Im wondering if the fit has been wrong from the start and looking at trying again elsewhere.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Im based near Newcastle but im regularly across the whole region for work and often down leeds / sheffield way if anyone good down that way?

Alternatively, am i better off waiting until Im out in the alps to get some? Im going to be in Chamonix beginning of February (travel ban permitting).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have a look here:

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=156764
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sugarmoma666 wrote:
Have a look here:

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=156764

Thanks!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Glide & Slide is based in Otley which is north of Leeds, it’s not too far to drive from most places in the North East.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Back country UK
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is LD mountain centre in Newcastle who have a reasonable selection and reasonable fitters. I have had boots from there in the past and they have been fine. There is a post on here about Glide and Slide in Otley and recommendations for a fitter there. In Sheffield there is Ollie Farr of ski racing supplies who also do recreational boots. The fitters at Ellis Brigham Castleford seem reasonable from conversations I have had but have not bought boots there. So you have options in the North!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy