Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Switzerland Rules - Summary

Poster: A snowHead
@Binked, you should be reading your alerts from this thread not waiting for your airline. Announced here yesterday! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This thread has been really helpful, thanks to all. I am trying to make it to Zermatt for Feb half term with a couple of teens (14 and 16). The 14 year old will be double jabbed but my understanding is that for him it won't matter as he is under 16. The 16 year old unfortunately is only single jabbed as his jabs were delayed due to having had covid last year.

My understanding is that travelling to to CHF won't be a problem but that once we are there the 16 year old won't be able to enter a restaurant without a covid pass that can only be earned with a PCR test taken in CHF when we arrive, which will only last 72 hours and may take 24 hours for result to arrive.

Does this sound right? Worst case we can live without the restaurants but will this also apply to ski lifts?

thks
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://www.zermatt.ch/en/ is a good place to start, here's a quote:

"Certificate requirement in the ski area

No Covid certificate is required to use the infrastructure on the Swiss side of the ski area. On the Italian side, however, a vaccination certificate or a negative test result must be shown, which is valid for 24 hours from the time of issue. Also, the use of FFP2 mask is mandatory for access to closed lifts on the Italian side. From 10 January 2022, the 2G rule will apply to ski facilities and restaurants in Italy."

Also, Zermatt Tourist Office normally reply to emails pretty promptly.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
we've just come from Switzerland and there's no check for lifts, bars and restaurants there are. on a cynical note, with the way the checks are being done I'd just claim the 16 year old was 15. If they're with their parents there's no check needed.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Bobajobbbob, getting the 2G+ Without a negative test depends on when they recovered (and in your case vaccinated). No test needed of either was less than 120 days. If not then you will need the negative test.

But restaurants can be either 2G (vaccinated or recovered with no time limit so no test) or 2G+, the key thing for your 16 year old for either is getting proof of recovery (if asked to show it).

But lifts are fine, no issue on those.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all the replies. Very helpful. Unfortunately we don't have proof of recovery because we never did official PCRs when kids were ill. They both tested positive on LFTs repeatedly and thus were isolated at home and there just didn't seem to be any point in going for more tests. Given that they were ill back in October I'm not sure whether that they would still be valid in feb anyway.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Very useful thread. Any advise about my predicament would be much appreciated. Feb half term. 2 adults - double vaxxed plus recovery, 14 year old and 17 year old unvaxxed (no proof of recovery) - planning on heading to Laax. Lufthansa to Munich from LHR and hire car direct to Switzerland. I believe we are ok entering Germany to transit direct to Suisse. I emailed Munich border police, and they implied all ok if I can prove that Switzerland will let us in. Any idea how I can prove this? Planning to do LFT's 24 hours before boarding flight to Munich. Will the at home tests via Chronomics suffice, or do they have to be administered? We will be entering Austria on our drive to Laax, but again I think that this is ok as we are not stopping. I appreciate that our 17 year old will not be able to enter restaurants etc but will be good for the lift system? The latest rules seem to imply that we do not need to provide a PLF for Switzerland, as we will be driving from Germany. Does this seem right? Finally, can anyone foresee any issue with the drive back to Munich? Any help, guidance or tips would be much appreciated. Cheers
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Maybe you can print and reference the new Swiss rules to be updated on this webpage from 22 jan onwards https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html#-1165939349
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@lemoncake wrote
"..all ok if I can prove that Switzerland will let us in..." - Hotel/accommodation booking ?

"..Will the at home tests via Chronomics suffice.." - yes (other companies are available !)

"..The latest rules seem to imply that we do not need to provide a PLF for Switzerland" - not sure (no harm in filling one out tho')

==== edit ===

New PLF rule from the 22nd Jan :: The Passenger Locator Form (PLF) will only have to be completed by those travelling to Switzerland by plane or on a long-distance bus service.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
lemoncake wrote:
I appreciate that our 17 year old will not be able to enter restaurants etc but will be good for the lift system?

Lifts do not require any of the plethora of covid passes they now have, so fine for them.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowheeeed wrote:
Maybe you can print and reference the new Swiss rules to be updated on this webpage from 22 jan onwards https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html#-1165939349

Does this now mean, present the NHS Covid Pass to show fully jabbed OR a PCR/LFT negative test? So meaning if fully jabbed, you don't need to have a negative test result to enter via plane (Geneva)?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@snowheeeed, yes.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks. With Bojo removing day 2 LFT tests on return, it just gets easier for a Swiss trip - hurrah
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I didn't even have my covid pass checked at Geneva just my passport.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Perfect news! Very Happy
snow report
I’ve been in Verbier since Sunday and haven’t been asked for my covid pass once including Geneva airport. What pandemic wink
ski holidays
After flying in to GVA from LPL my group are picking up a private transfer to ADH. Do we need to show a -ve LFT to enter France from Switzerland or just the NHS Covid Pass? Was hoping not to ask this but still a bit confused.
ski holidays
halfhand wrote:
After flying in to GVA from LPL my group are picking up a private transfer to ADH. Do we need to show a -ve LFT to enter France from Switzerland or just the NHS Covid Pass? Was hoping not to ask this but still a bit confused.

Legally? Yes. Will it be checked? Probably not. Worth the £12? Up to you
ski holidays
@NBH, Thanks. A small price to pay for the certainty.
latest report
The Swiss Federal Council met today. They were very optimistic about how things were developing. Not of direct relevance to most on here but they have lifted quarantine and home working rules with immediate effect.

They have put two proposals out to the Cantons for consultation. The consultation will run to 9 February. Under both proposals the covid certificate requirement to get into bars, restaurants etc will go from 16 February. Under Plan 1 the mask requirements (trains, ski gondolas etc) will be retained. Under Plan 2 the mask requirement will be abolished. I have not read anything which makes a guess as to which plan the Cantons will vote for (it is done on a majority basis and decision will apply country wide). If they go Plan 2 Switzerland will be in pretty much the same place as England is now.
ski holidays
@JohnMo, those proposals are even with the high infection rates being seen in Switzerland? They must be pretty optimistic about future prospects of it not being such a public health emergency.
snow conditions
Similar to most of Europe, I see that the 270 day rule for vaccination validity is now being applied as well in Switzerland since earlier this week, so for many people a booster jab in addition to being fully vaccinated will now be required.
ski holidays
ster wrote:
@JohnMo, those proposals are even with the high infection rates being seen in Switzerland? They must be pretty optimistic about future prospects of it not being such a public health emergency.

They say that despite the high infection rate the health services have not been overburdened. That is the reason they feel they can relax the rules. They reckon over 90% of the population now have some protection either from vaccine or previous infection.
snow report
The Federal Council have announced this afternoon:

Border controls abolished. No vaccination / recovery / test requirement, and no more PLFs.

No more certificate requirement (2G, 2G+) for bars, restaurants, events, cinema etc.
No more masks required, except on public transport and in healthcare facilities.

The requirement to isolate for 5 days if tested positive remains.

All effective from tomorrow 17th Feb.
snow conditions
@telford_mike, great news!

Maybe thats why people have been reporting the PLF had been playing up of late when trying to do it.
latest report
also no more "Voluntary capacity restrictions in retail and cable cars"
snow conditions
Interestingly, the Swiss have to carry on issuing certificates, as all the EU countries still demand them.
ski holidays
Do ski lifts class as public transport?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
GottaCatchEmAll wrote:
some big cable cars from the valley, yes. The rest, no.
snow report
telford_mike wrote:
GottaCatchEmAll wrote:
some big cable cars from the valley, yes. The rest, no.

Okay, so "community masks" in cable cars but otherwise it's back to 2019!? Very Happy

Nice! and just in time for my trip to Zermatt next week! snowHead
ski holidays
@GottaCatchEmAll, It's very few cable cars - usually the ones that are the only route up to a village (no roads or trains). Ask when you get there.
snow conditions
Swiss press release regarding the ending of Covid regulations as revealed by @telford_mike

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/das-bag/aktuell/medienmitteilungen.msg-id-87216.html
snow report
Fantastic news so no need to fill in a swiss entry form ?
snow report
No.

"Changes to entry rules
Health-related measures for persons entering the country are to be lifted. It will no longer be necessary to provide proof of vaccination, recovery or a negative test or complete an entry form. "
snow report
Flying out on Sunday with BA. As many will know BA use VeriFly. I had a look this morning and they were still asking for vaccination proof and PLF. Hope they get it updated by weekend.
snow report
Flew to Geneva from Newcastle (via Heathrow) with BA today with wife, daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter (aged 2).

Our situation was complicated as daughter and son-in-law’s surnames are their pre-marriage surnames hyphenated (young people eh?). Their passports have their post-marriage surnames but son-in-law’s NHS records (and hence his COVID pass) is in his original surname (ie the latter part of his now hyphenated surname).

I did VeriFLY yesterday. But I had to do son-in-law’s entry in his original surname and obviously couldn’t do granddaughter. It is still asking for Swiss PLF (which doesn’t exist) so I just ticked to say I had it. VeriFLY gave me the 4 passes but I couldn’t check in as the BA website told me I had not done VeriFLY.

We took printed copy of our Covid passes to Newcastle airport but there was no request to see them. Similarly when we got to Geneva the immigration officer did not ask to see the passes.

I have been out to Switzerland several times over the last few months and complied with the various rules. Now (as a Brit) the only rule is the fully vaccinated one but unless VeriFLY had worked it seems that that has not been checked. Heading back on Friday so interesting to see if we find it as easy.
snow conditions
JohnMo wrote:
I did VeriFLY yesterday. ........It is still asking for Swiss PLF (which doesn’t exist) so I just ticked to say I had it. VeriFLY gave me the 4 passes but I couldn’t check in as the BA website told me I had not done VeriFLY.

It's stil not been updated? They sound a gormless bunch. Goodness knows why BA use it, oh is it cheap?
snow report
ster wrote:
JohnMo wrote:
I did VeriFLY yesterday. ........It is still asking for Swiss PLF (which doesn’t exist) so I just ticked to say I had it. VeriFLY gave me the 4 passes but I couldn’t check in as the BA website told me I had not done VeriFLY.

It's stil not been updated? They sound a gormless bunch. Goodness knows why BA use it, oh is it cheap?

In the bit where you have to swear you have a Swiss PLF there is a link that Verifly says is the Swiss PLF. If you click on it it takes you to the Swiss government page telling you no-one now has to fill in a PLF.
latest report
Am I right in thinking now that for vaccinated adults (well 18+ ) all that is needed for a Swiss trip (using Easyjet not BA, so ignore any Verifly issue) is
- to have our NHS covid proof of Vaccination to hand
- no forms to fill in for going into Swiss
- PLF still needed to be done online coming back into England 48 hrs before we fly

- no specific mask requirement on Swiss Gondola's / restaurants now so pulling up a buff will suffice as a courtesy in a crowded space?
- might take train down to Flims - do you need a specific mask type on trains or not?
ski holidays
@t44tomo,

I believe that submitting the UK PLF for returning to the UK has been extended from 2 to 3 days of your arrival back in the UK.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy