Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Switzerland Rules - Summary

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
And re under-18s, my interpretation is that anyone under 18 can currently (6.3.22) enter Switzerland if travelling with a fully-vaccinated parent, as stated in the Gov.UK advice for Travel to Switzerland:
    "Unvaccinated children and adolescents arriving from the UK under the age of 18 are allowed to enter Switzerland if they are accompanied by fully vaccinated adults. This exemption only applies in a familial context."
From the state Secretariat for Migration website:
    "Who can enter Switzerland? Even if you are arriving from a high-risk country, you can still enter Switzerland if you meet at least one of the following requirements: ....... You are under 18 and are travelling with an adult who has been fully vaccinated (parents, siblings, grandparents or other caregivers). ....... Please note that the airlines themselves decide on the conditions on which they carry passengers."
and from the Federal Office of Public Health website:
    "Entry form - Currently you do not have to fill out an entry form for entry to Switzerland. ..... Since there are currently no countries or areas on this list, until further notice people arriving can enter Switzerland without an entry form.
    Test - Currently you do not have to present a negative test result to enter Switzerland.
    "
My only caveat is that you need to check for yourself what the Gov.UK, FOPH and SSM pages say, in detail, as there are details like the length of time allowed since the last vaccination or booster etc. And, of course, what applies today could change tomorrow.

And the same pages seem to confirm what @t44tomo interprets as the conditions for adult entry.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Our Covid docs weren’t even checked on arrival at Geneva last Saturday. No requirement for masks at Manchester airport or on the Jet2 flight or at Geneva airport.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When I flew into GVa on 24th the border guard said “I don’t need to see that” when I waved the covid pass.

Quite different to Zurich on 12th when everything was carefully checked (and queues for Alle Pässe consequently monstrous!)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
t44tomo wrote:
Am I right in thinking now that for vaccinated adults (well 18+ ) all that is needed for a Swiss trip (using Easyjet not BA, so ignore any Verifly issue) is

- no specific mask requirement on Swiss Gondola's / restaurants now so pulling up a buff will suffice as a courtesy in a crowded space?
- might take train down to Flims - do you need a specific mask type on trains or not?

In Zermatt a couple of weeks ago they were asking for masks (buffs were ok) on enclosed lifts plus resort buses and trains. I can't say it was being strictly enforced but most people complied

I think proper masks are still being enforced on the wider train network, as well as in any healthcare facility.

No requirements for restaurants
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whitters wrote:
t44tomo wrote:
Am I right in thinking now that for vaccinated adults (well 18+ ) all that is needed for a Swiss trip (using Easyjet not BA, so ignore any Verifly issue) is

- no specific mask requirement on Swiss Gondola's / restaurants now so pulling up a buff will suffice as a courtesy in a crowded space?
- might take train down to Flims - do you need a specific mask type on trains or not?

In Zermatt a couple of weeks ago they were asking for masks (buffs were ok) on enclosed lifts plus resort buses and trains. I can't say it was being strictly enforced but most people complied

I think proper masks are still being enforced on the wider train network, as well as in any healthcare facility.

No requirements for restaurants

when you say proper masks on trains - does that mean
- standard Uk blue / white disposable or cloth washable style,

-or FFP2 that some countries used to / still do require
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@t44tomo, standard disposables or cloth styles are fine
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SWISS require FFP2 masks on their flights; the railways and ski lifts appear quite happy with disposable/cloth/buff face coverings.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No masks needed in Geneva airport yesterday
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm on a train in CH just now. 95% of people wearing masks, of all varieties, not just FFP2. Not required outside of public transport, in shops or stations as far as I could see
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Their Rules are all on their websites and referenced throughout this thread - just check here for the current state of play

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/so-schuetzen-wir-uns.html#
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@iainm, and hospitals. Other than that Covid is done here
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy