Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Late season ski / last week of April

Poster: A snowHead
I have never been that late in the season and wonder if it is a good idea. Any thoughts?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Its a great time to ski. Aim high and you will have a fantastic time. We usually ski Val Thorens in the first week of May and it's my favourite time to ski.

We have also skied in Espace Killy then and loved that as well Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have been mid to late April (school Easter hols) a few times to L2A and Trysil and always had a good time, longer days and spring temperatures
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cervinia - year round skiing, guaranteed snow, huge ski area, great food & wine, and fabulous looking women.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@tonyfo, We go to Sass Fee every spring. Glorious, and always good conditions on the glacier. We often get quite big dumps around that time, have had some of the best off-piste mid to late April.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
LDP816 wrote:
Cervinia - year round skiing, guaranteed snow, huge ski area, great food & wine, and fabulous looking women.

This place looks terrific but I can not get to Turn in April - Ryanair stops flying there at the end of March. On my list for the next season.

I found flights to Geneva on the other hand
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@tonyfo, You can quite easily get to Cervinia, Zermatt or Sass Fee from either Milan or Geneva.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
what about Chamonix or La Clusaz? too late for those?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
tonyfo wrote:
LDP816 wrote:

This place looks terrific but I can not get to Turn in April - Ryanair stops flying there at the end of March. On my list for the next season.

Where in the UK are you? BA fly to Turin pretty much year round, and you can take your Skis with you for no extra cost! We’re flying in March for £100pp including taking skis, the fees for taking skis with Ryanair are more than that! Wherever possible, I avoid Ryanair/easyJet, I just hate their business model.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@tonyfo,
From Geneva at the end of April I've done Tignes/Val D'Isere and Zermatt/Cervinia.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kenzie wrote:
@tonyfo,
From Geneva at the end of April I've done Tignes/Val D'Isere and Zermatt/Cervinia.

I am in Bristol and GVA is easily accessible for me from here - but my understanding is that the shuttle service to Val D'Isere is very patch this late in the season.

Is Chamonix a safer bet in that sense?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
LDP816 wrote:
tonyfo wrote:
LDP816 wrote:

Where in the UK are you? BA fly to Turin pretty much year round, and you can take your Skis with you for no extra cost! We’re flying in March for £100pp including taking skis, the fees for taking skis with Ryanair are more than that! Wherever possible, I avoid Ryanair/easyJet, I just hate their business model.

I am in Cardiff and usually fly out of Bristol - but can go to Heathrow too. How is the commute from Turin to Cervinia in April?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm off to Saas Fee (again) on April 18. Usually go there or Engelberg for a late season blast.

Don't need to worry about transfers as both resorts served by frequent and regular rail or rail/bus links.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
LOTA wrote:
I'm off to Saas Fee (again) on April 18. Usually go there or Engelberg for a late season blast.

Don't need to worry about transfers as both resorts served by frequent and regular rail or rail/bus links.

I may well join you in that case!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
tonyfo wrote:

Only the Balme sector of La Clusaz will be open for the last 2 weeks of April.

Fine for an afternoon or day, but not any longer.
snow report
tonyfo wrote:
LDP816 wrote:
tonyfo wrote:
LDP816 wrote:

I am in Cardiff and usually fly out of Bristol - but can go to Heathrow too. How is the commute from Turin to Cervinia in April?

Journey from Turin to Cervinia is fine, I would say Turin is my least favourite city to drive through, but luckily to get from the airport to the slopes you use the ring road, with the exception of the locals driving like lunatics, the drive is perfectly fine, April will likely be quiet but still good snow! Milan is also another option, both on my opinion are easy drives, Turin takes 90 minutes, Milan malpensa is about 2 hours, I would personally avoid Geneva as the my blanc tunnel is extortionate, unless there’s a load of you in one car and you are splitting the cost.
latest report
@tonyfo, Verbier, Zermatt or Saas Fee are reliable train accessible options from GVA end April
snow report
mikeycharlton wrote:
tonyfo wrote:

Only the Balme sector of La Clusaz will be open for the last 2 weeks of April.

Fine for an afternoon or day, but not any longer.

Yes, same goes with Chamonix - only one sector is open.
snow report
LDP816 wrote:
tonyfo wrote:
LDP816 wrote:
tonyfo wrote:
LDP816 wrote:

Journey from Turin to Cervinia is fine, I would say Turin is my least favourite city to drive through, but luckily to get from the airport to the slopes you use the ring road, with the exception of the locals driving like lunatics, the drive is perfectly fine, April will likely be quiet but still good snow! Milan is also another option, both on my opinion are easy drives, Turin takes 90 minutes, Milan malpensa is about 2 hours, I would personally avoid Geneva as the my blanc tunnel is extortionate, unless there’s a load of you in one car and you are splitting the cost.

Are you heading there this April?
snow conditions
I am out there in March for 9 days Eh oh! Eh oh!
snow conditions
LDP816 wrote:
I am out there in March for 9 days Eh oh! Eh oh!

Will be in the Spanish Pyrenees (flying to Toulouse) in March unfortunately.
latest report
tonyfo wrote:
Kenzie wrote:
@tonyfo,

I am in Bristol and GVA is easily accessible for me from here - but my understanding is that the shuttle service to Val D'Isere is very patch this late in the season.

Try asking on these Facebook groups for transfer availability:-
Tignes Seasonnaires 2022

Seasonaires Val d'Isere or Tignes
ski holidays
will do thanks - and I have just learned about the Bashes on this website.
snow report
tonyfo wrote:
LDP816 wrote:

This place looks terrific but I can not get to Turn in April

But can you turn in other months? You might have an April affliction... Puzzled Toofy Grin
latest report
I was wondering if the ski lifts operate longer later in the season?
latest report
Quote:

I was wondering if the ski lifts operate longer later in the season?

They run later from than over New Year, but not much later. Most skiers pack up earlier due to the snow softening. It may be better if the lifts opened earlier - say 8:30
Quote:

Where in the UK are you? BA fly to Turin pretty much year round, and you can take your Skis with you for no extra cost!

BA may fly to Turin year round but they only operate from London - not much use to most of us. However, other airlines such as KLM and Lufthansa fly from most of the UK to Turin
ski holidays
Very tempting but the end of season Bash looks very exciting too
snow report
The EoSB is ace, only managed one so far but with a bit of luck will double my score next year.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bergmeister wrote:
Its a great time to ski. Aim high and you will have a fantastic time. We usually ski Val Thorens in the first week of May and it's my favourite time to ski.

We have also skied in Espace Killy then and loved that as well Very Happy Very Happy

What's the snow normally like at that time of year in Val Thorens? Not been able to get away this year yet due to lockdowns and work, so considering a May trip this year.
ski holidays
Skied April in Trysil, Norway. Both times has great conditions x
latest report
Never done April before. booked cheapy flights to milan 6th to 11th. booked accomodation Bormio, Livigno, Pila, Aosta and La Thuile while make up mind whats best.. especially as only can get 5yr old in ski school in bormio and livigno but would rather do la thuile.. either £311 for a focus estate or do bus and trains
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy