Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beginners in mayrhofen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Currently sitting at the top of the horbergbahn with 2 beginners in tow. The reds are a bit of a push at the moment but playing on the blues around the park. Is it fairly easy to get up to the raskogel area from here, is it worth it for the blue runs and moreover is it easy enough to get back?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I learnt up the Ahorn area. Ski school week was with them.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think I’ve done 6 or 7 weeks here over the years and never yet tried the shorn....I think the drags put me off. I don’t actually recognise the top of the penken from last time we came and took the finkenberg bubbles up.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ollski2.0 wrote:
I think I’ve done 6 or 7 weeks here over the years and never yet tried the shorn....I think the drags put me off. I don’t actually recognise the top of the penken from last time we came and took the finkenberg bubbles up.

We found it good as beginners for our first time one snow (did a dry ski slope course of lessons). This was many years ago....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Head up the 150 man and there is a big easy run at the top, download back down the 150 man rather than a tricky red.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
JimboS wrote:
Head up the 150 man and there is a big easy run at the top, download back down the 150 man rather than a tricky red.

Thanks think we will try it now, girls with me are my early 20’s daughters so if I mess up my life’s not worth living.

Are the two resteraunts at the top of the penken chair the ones I seem to remember at the top of finkenberg bubbles?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ollski2.0 wrote:
Currently sitting at the top of the horbergbahn with 2 beginners in tow. The reds are a bit of a push at the moment but playing on the blues around the park. Is it fairly easy to get up to the raskogel area from here, is it worth it for the blue runs and moreover is it easy enough to get back?

Would recommend going up the 150-man like @JimboS said. Heading up the '150er Tux' is a favourite of ours for newer skiers, it gives the opportunity to feel like you've gone very high and explored a lot, but there are lovely wide blues up there. There's a slope down from the top which is easy enough. Coming back, there is a red to come back down to the Penken, but for those who don't want to do that, there is a crude rope/drag lift to bring you to the 150-man lift again back down. I have seen some people just walk up that little slope though if they don't want to use the rope drag.

The Ahorn mountain is also lovely for beginners, nice wide places to practice technique, experienced skiers will get bored though. And there is the White Lounge which is a novelty. (https://www.hangoutonholiday.com/places/1141-gasthof-restaurant-perauer)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy