Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

We made it to the snow - Soldeu, Andorra.

Poster: A snowHead
You can download the NHS qr code to an apple or Google wallet now which means you don't have to be connected to use it.
My son had issues getting the login page working bit after a few tries at different places in the mountain it worked.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@pieman666, and on Apple it will open with a double click on the home button.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@RobinS, the price of drinks on the mountain is interesting. We stopped at the igloo bar near the Pla de Pedres lift, a large beer and a GnT = €20 Shocked Stopped at the Iqos igloo bar, DJ playing, accompanying violinist, decent atmosphere, 2 large beers and a GnT = €15, which I though was quite reasonable.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@hammerite, We stopped at both those as well - it seemed the IQOS was a ski area owned bar and prices same as more basic places, but the Igloo bar near Pla de Pedres is independent?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@RobinS, yes possibly. I know which one I won’t bother going back to!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
IMG-20220113-125031-005
Another superb day on the hill. Skied the Canillo,El Tarter, and Soldeu sectors today, and I can confirm that none of the pistes are as difficult as putting my boots on in the morning!
The mask police were about today, but on chairlifts you can get away with pulling a buff over your face, for bars and restaurants though a proper mask is needed - the buttons JanetS sewed onto the earpieces of our helmets work great for that. We stopped at a couple of places for beer, but now know to go to the ski area owned places where beer is only 4.50 (for a large San Miguel)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks great @RobinS, unfortunately I won’t be enjoying it this weekend. After 2 years of managing to avoid it, through luck more than judgement, I’ve succumbed to the lurgy!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@hammerite, sorry to hear that, hopefully you get a mild case and will be back out before you know it.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@pieman666, thanks. Just a cough and a bit achey at the moment. I think boredom will do me first!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@hammerite, best wishes with that.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@hammerite, Sorry to hear that, hopefully it will be the mild version most people get now.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
IMG-20220114-140300-220
Not to make@hammerite, jealous or anything, but it's still wonderful out there. Perfect weather, pistes still in really good condition, no crowds or queues for lifts.
We mainly skied the Peretol / Grau Roig / Pas de la Casa areas today, seeking out pistes we haven't come across before, and we found some really lovely blues, reds, and blacks. An excellent day.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@RobinS, thank you. No not jealous at all… those are only two of my favourite pistes you’re stood at! snowHead

@Orange200, thank you!

Annoyingly, I was feeling rough a couple of days ago, but only tested positive yesterday (I tested every day I wasn’t feeling great). It means I miss two weekends skiing and my first ski day with work! Grrrr. I’ve resorted to Death in Paradise already. Embarassed Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@RobinS, while the weather is good, it’d definitely be a good day if you got over to Arcalis - assuming you have a car. It’s a bit of a trek from where you are (probably an hour), but the skiing is great. It’s on your Grandvalira lift pass.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@hammerite, Arcalis could be a good day out - need to dig the van out first though!
Another day of fine weather and lovely piste conditions, though it was considerably more crowded today. Stopped at a bar near the El Tarter bottom chair for a couple of beers, and to watch the occasional carnage, only 4euros for a large Estrella in a proper glass mug.
Expect it to be busy again tomorrow with weekenders, will have to search out quiet corners and hope it's less busy after the weekend. (Note - it's not rammed, just normal busy, but more than we are used to).
snow conditions
@RobinS, yeah that bar’s fine. Stopped there for lunch one day and it was quite reasonable. Shame it’s in the shade this time of year if you want to sit outside.

Arcalis is nearly always quiet! People can’t bothered to make the trek up there!
snow report
@RobinS, I skied past that bar this afternoon had never noticed it before. Good to hear it's cheap.
snow conditions
Which bar, the one under the ski hire shop?
We dump our skis in the lockers round the back, grab a hot chocolate and watch people tearing/careening round the final right hander as they return to the lift or (try to) ski down the icy path to the gondola. Not all make it.
latest report
@Orange200, I was waiting outside there for my OH last week. I watched a woman walk out of that bar (looked sober!), put her skis on and head down the track to the gondola. She had no control, narrowly missed two people and then opted just to ski into the wall to slow herself down.
ski holidays
Yup, that can often be the standard!! I think the “I can manage a blue OK, this can’t be difficult” people don’t realize that it’s usually more ice than snow, with no space to run off. Judicious use of edges needed!
snow report
@Dr. Will, yes. There is an option to do that.

Go to the page where you can access the Travel passes and scroll down. Or when you go into each pass with the QR code there is a button on each pass

You can also email yourself the passes then print out for a hard copy back up for times with no connection/no battery.
snow report
Another fine day out on the snow. Not a cloud in the sky again. Went Grau Roig and Pas de la Casa direction today, came across probably the easiest black run in the known universe, but had great fun. Stopped for a couple of beers to finish at the 1960 bar at the bottom of the Pla de les Pedres, cheap beer, but no toilets, just lots of yellow snow!.
Six days of wall to wall sunshine, and the pistes are still in really good condition, virtually no ice or scoured bits, just nice fluffy stuff on the top.
snow conditions
@RobinS, I'm intrigued as to which black piste that is.
The snow is still very good and the weather is glorious. It's good to be skiing again.
latest report
@pieman666, We dropped down the first red from the top on the Pas side (there is a closed black higher up, but it has no snow in places), and when the red went round to the left it was marked as black a bit further on, but was really only a dark blue!
latest report
RobinS wrote:
came across probably the easiest black run in the known universe

I think Arinsal might contest that point.
ski holidays
@RobinS, thanks, I will check that out sometime
ski holidays
Hello, hope the holiday is going well.

We are flying out next weekend and wondered how strict the lifts are with regards to masks? Can you get away with a snood? If not are the standard blue masks accepted or does it need to be an FFFP2?

Thanks
ski holidays
Snoods seem to accepted on chairlifts but not in restaurants and I have seen the gondola staff insisting on at least a blue mask. I wear a blue mask which I pull up and down when needed. It works fine for me.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@mikewearden, We haven't used gondolas. On chairs and drags we have just used our buffs pulled up, though often haven't even needed to do that when it's just been us on a chair - if the liftie has a mask pull the buff up, if he hasn't don't bother. That said, every so often the mask police are making sure everyone has a face covering.
Bars and restaurants almost always require a proper mask and a Covid pass, often just to sit on a terrace. We use our reusable, washable masks that we have had for ages without any problems, as we hate the waste of single use or disposable ones.
latest report
Just fyi, my understanding is that the NHS Covid app doesn't need connectivity to simply display the Certificate: it does need it to re-generate a certificate valid for another month. That's why there's an option to store or email the NHS certificate. If you have an iPhone you can add it to the Wallet and if you have an Apple Watch you can display the static QR code on the watch that's in the Wallet.
snow report
@RobinS, I know which black you are talking about, did you join it from the red call Llac? I think the part you skied is only marked as black because it carries on from the black top section that hasn’t been open yet this season. Regardless, the majority of black runs around these parts are relatively straightforward in normal conditions.
snow report
@hammerite, That's the one off Llac. As you say, gradings are pretty easy here, especially when conditions are so good. I think we have only come across a couple of blacks that deserve the grade.
snow conditions
@LaForet, not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but if I put my phone into airplane mode, the NHS app won't even load, never mind show my Covid pass.
ski holidays
Arrived in El tarter last night. Up and out in good time this morning. First time in Andorra. Just enjoying the first piste side beer in the sun. Perfect !
ski holidays
@sugarmoma666, download a pdf. Don’t need the app or a web connection then.
ski holidays
Heading out on Sunday. Cant bloody wait.
ski holidays
Sitting in the sun outside the bar at the bottom of el Tarter now. Snows Great.
snow report
hammerite wrote:
@sugarmoma666, download a pdf. Don’t need the app or a web connection then.

I had it printed and laminated when I travelled which was even better. I only commented as I wouldn't want anyone to get caught out by the incorrect information that the NHS App (for England) would show their Covid pass without a data connection, which could particularly be an issue in Andorra.
ski holidays
A good hack I was told is to save your covid pass as a photo and then use it as the screen saver on your phone lock screen. Then you don’t need to unlock your phone to get to it.

Mind you saying that we’ve been to several bars and in the 3 eatsangs having lunch. Yet to be asked for it
latest report
We have our Covid passes loaded into the French TAC app, comes up instantly without need for connection, and also in our Google Pay wallets, again no connection needed, but do need to log into it with a fingerprint. We now know which places ask for masks and Covid passes, and if you are ready it saves the faffing.
Another fine sunny day on the hill, finding all the pistes we have missed so far. Some are getting a bit scrapy in places now, but generally very good conditions still.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy