Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski instructor courses

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I am considering closing a ski instructor course between We are Sno and SIA (ski instructor academy). I was wondering if any one here had any experience with either, but especially We are Sno and whether any advice could be given towards which course may be the best to chose. Both would be in Japan.

Thanks for any possible help.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@agwiley, i don't have any experience with either course, or with instructor "gap year" courses in general.

But some points to consider, what qualification do both courses give you? Where do you want to teach in the future?

That'll then lead on to questions such as, if you want to teach in Europe, what passport do you hold? Currently it's nigh on impossible to work in Europe on a UK passport.

I'm starting my instructor qualifications this weekend, with a Level 1 IASI ski course and at present, i'm questioning if i'm wasting my time/money because of the lack of work opportunities.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi @agwiley,
Welcome, I'm afraid I haven't had experience of either of those companies, but I do follow SIA on youtube and have always been very impressed with the content they put out and they approach training instructors.
I did my Level 1 CSIA in Dec 19 with the Instructor Academy in Andorra which I found to be excellent, I was booked in to do my level 2 in March 2020, which was cancelled the day before I was due to fly out and I cannot fault how they dealt with a very difficult situation, by making sure I didn't fly out and then offering me a full refund or to have a small deposit and have first choice of courses when they happen again or leave the whole booking live and not have to pay anything extra for my course when it eventually goes ahead (what I chose).
I'm booked now for my level 2 in December which is certainly looking more hopeful.
Anyway good luck it will be interesting to hear what you choose in the end and how it goes.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@swskier thanks for the reply. SIA do the Austrian Anwärter qualification which while good, is not officially recognised as a global qualification. So it is possible that you would have to retrain if you were to wish to teach in another country. But then again they offer a course in Japan.

Then again, I'm not sure where the teaching would go. This may change, but a career as a coach is quite in my mind.

Oh really, good luck with the course. Where are you doing it? I have heard that these courses are warning people in case there is no work - which could be a bad sign.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@pieman666 they do certainly look like a good outfit.

Chers for the help, always have wanted to ski in the pyrenees! As with your good experience I am sure that most will are reasonably good. Just hard to make that final decision!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@agwiley, i'm doing mine at Hemel Hempstead snow centre for L1, over a couple of weekends.

I'm hoping that in a few years time something might have changed around visas, but it doesn't look great at the moment.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@agwiley,
Hi, can I ask what company you ended up with? I am considering both but will be great to hear reviews.

Thank you
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy