Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FISI Ski levels compared to ESF

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If travel is possible at Easter we're hoping to head out to La Plagne for 2 weeks and our son is keen to have lessons. He's had some recent instruction in Sestriere and was awarded level 5 with 3 stars.

Does anyone know the equivalence of this to ESF levels and what we should be booking him in for in France in terms of level of lessons? We'll probably go the private instruction route with a recommended instructor but that's for another thread!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Whichever ski school you are signing him up for should have a good understanding of the equivalence.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Pam. I suspect it will probably come to just phoning them/emailing directly and explaining his level for that reason. I am effectively just being lazy as if I know the level equivalence I can book directly without the calls etc. He's desperate to ski some gates so knowing if that is possible with the lesson type is also on his agenda.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sounds well worth a conversation to get the right thing for him, rather than just taking pot luck with an online booking.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Hoppity, you can see the ESF levels here https://www.esf-uk.co.uk/levels-and-tests/children-lessons/

Assuming you're British, the usual approach is to find the level that most closely approximates your child, then decide they must be at least 2 levels higher Happy

However, if you're going private, it's irrelevant. Almost any ESF instructor doing private work will teach any level.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pam, I suspect you're right! I just have to face my dislike of talking to actual people Very Happy

Hahahaha @snowdave - I am British but will try not to add any levels. We'll probably go private, but as he's keen to ski gates I think we'll need to try to ask them to tie that in (which I guess we can ask for, but isn't anything we've done in getting privates so far). Trying not to over sell his skiing, I think he'd be ready for Bronze (but would definitely need more instruction to be Gold level) - he was 2 Star 2 years ago and is significantly better now.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Hoppity, my kids have private lessons, but our instructor ties a lot of gates into them as they're both racers. Seems pretty easy - he just finds out when the competition class will be setting courses, and we share those.

It might affect when you have the lessons (our gates are rarely up after 2pm, and often gone by midday) and where you have them.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you, that's really helpful to know. We're super flexible with when he has lessons (and also within reason on where as long as we can get across to different areas). He'll be really happy to use gates in any form.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy