Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French health pass

Poster: A snowHead
Stupid question but when buying lift passes for this weekend it stated the health pass was still required, is that the same as the TousAntiCovid app?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Jonny996, yes or EU accepted equ.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name, and the NHS one too.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
so my EU QR code issued from Eire will be ok then i take it? and i wont need to download the French app. ?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Timmycb5, When you download a fresh nhs one, you get (with booster) 3 qr codes. would the lifty just scan the booster? In the TAC, i believe it merges into one...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Timbobaggins, exactly
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I just had my TAC pass checked and was expecting it to fail as its just over 30 days since I created my NHS pass. It didn't, so now I'm a little confused but will sit down tonight and update both.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@under a new name, thanks
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Does anyone know if we have to quarintine on arrival? We have a 13yr old who only has 1 vaccination. Our accommodation supplier doesn't know and i can't find a definitive answer. We travel in 2 weeks.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I’m due to go to Tignes on 28th January, and due to testing positive for COVID on 1st January I’m not going to be able to get my booster before I go. I think I should be ok with the pass vaccinal as my 2nd jab was less than 7 months ago and we’re home before 15th February but could anyone confirm?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Willit happen, if both parents are fully vaccinated then neither you nor 13yo need to quarantine on arrival. But you will all need to show -ve LFT result to enter France.

13yo will need daily testing for Pass Sanitaire though unless NHS comes up with a recovery barcode in the next 2 weeks.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thank you so much for replying, we are fully vaccinated so fingers crossed we get to go.

If you don't mind me asking where did you get this information from?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
French Govt and embassy websites:
https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Attestation-de-deplacement-et-de-voyage#from2
https://uk.ambafrance.org/Conditions-de-deplacement

(+ Google translate if needed)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Charliegolf, not sure, but my understanding was just the booster one was enough. I'll let you know for certain on Friday!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@wibble44 thank you for your help, i appreciate it.
ski holidays
Timmycb5 wrote:
@Charliegolf, not sure, but my understanding was just the booster one was enough. I'll let you know for certain on Friday!

With luck, friday will be too late Very Happy
snow conditions
Charliegolf wrote:
@Timmycb5, When you download a fresh nhs one, you get (with booster) 3 qr codes. would the lifty just scan the booster? In the TAC, i believe it merges into one...

Ok I’m there now. When you download the NHS one it gives you 3 QR codes. I then scanned the most recent one (booster) to the French one.

Today we were checked. My husband showed the French QR code, I showed the UK 3rd one (had it in my iPhone wallet). Both passes fine.

Does that help?
ski holidays
Sorry to be thick, but can you just confirm that if you have an up to date QR code (because you are double vaccinated AND boosted in plenty of time) on your NHS app you do NOT need another app.
snow report
GeorgeK wrote:
Sorry to be thick, but can you just confirm that if you have an up to date QR code (because you are double vaccinated AND boosted in plenty of time) on your NHS app you do NOT need another app.

Yes, the QR code is the same no matter which app you use. Printing and sticking on your helmet also acceptable Laughing Laughing

The NHS app requires a data connection so best to avoid, a screenshot or saving to your wallet would work
ski holidays
Thanks so much, I really appreciate the response and advice NBH.

Take care!
latest report
Any bod still got one of those old lift pass wallets that have a plastic front and go round your neck. It would be perfect for Vax QR code checking, a lot quicker than getting your phone out and faffing.
ski holidays
chocksaway wrote:
Any bod still got one of those old lift pass wallets that have a plastic front and go round your neck. It would be perfect for Vax QR code checking, a lot quicker than getting your phone out and faffing.

Yep. Dug it and taking it with me.
snow conditions
NBH wrote:
GeorgeK wrote:

Yes, the QR code is the same no matter which app you use. Printing and sticking on your helmet also acceptable Laughing Laughing

The NHS app requires a data connection so best to avoid, a screenshot or saving to your wallet would work

I'm being thick now sorry! Is it the 3rd dose barcode you stick to ya helmet? I have downloaded my nhs pass and theres a barcode for each jab Puzzled
ski holidays
Yes the QR code that relates to the most recent dose, so 3rd in your case
snow report
Seem to have given up checking on lifts now, we have been to les houches, st gervais, les contamines, megeve and combloux over the few days only time we have been checked was on the mont blanc tram
snow conditions
robs1 wrote:
Seem to have given up checking on lifts now, we have been to les houches, st gervais, les contamines, megeve and combloux over the few days only time we have been checked was on the mont blanc tram

We are in 3V 4 days, only once been asked for PS, and that day one lift one. Once in a bar. Daughter n bf showed up 15 mins later, not asked. I am receiving evils from (mainly French) non- mask wearers on lifts, when asking them to put one on. They have all complied so far, and I have yet to be thumped. The lifties are trying hard to enforce masks, but many skiers are nobs, it seems!
snow report
@Charliegolf, I feel for the lifties who are just doing their job. We are currently in Austria where mask wearing is being complied with very much and the lifties shout out reminders.

But before Christmas we were in Ste Foy and they had a lovely gentle way of reminding, just flicking their fingers up under the nose. But on one lift one liftie did have to call out to someone asking him to comply. It was very embarrassing to hear a very pompous English voice boom out ‘family group, family group’. FFS just pull the buff up or whatever, don’t think you are above the system. They are just trying to do their job.
latest report
@NBH, thank you Eh oh!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Pamski, Agreed, they can't ride with you to enforce- but they do try at the bottom. And my earlier post did downplay the compliance of the vast majority.
snow report
Pamski wrote:
@Charliegolf,
But before Christmas we were in Ste Foy and they had a lovely gentle way of reminding, just flicking their fingers up under the nose. But on one lift one liftie did have to call out to someone asking him to comply. It was very embarrassing to hear a very pompous English voice boom out ‘family group, family group’. FFS just pull the buff up or whatever, don’t think you are above the system. They are just trying to do their job.

They try that at my lift, the lift stops. Out of the que and only allowed to regoin at the back if they ALL wear masks.
snow conditions
@Idris, great stuff!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy