Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Timing the PCR test for Austria entry

Poster: A snowHead
On Saturday I'm heading to Selva in Italy for a week of skiing. We're flying via Innsbruck. I'll have had a PCR done the day before we fly so providing that's okay we've no issue with getting into Austria then Italy. But on the way back I'll be travelling into Austria from Italy. Do I need another PCR test for the return trip? I'll be in a car going straight to the airport. I don't know if vehicles are being checked on the Brenner or not, any info or recent experiences much appreciated.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@j4meseaton, I'll let you know how it goes.

@viv, how did you find DAM Health, i read some reviews and it didn't fill me with confidence.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
im living in hope and triple jabbed that the austrian requirement for 48hr pcr is either done away with or given an extended time scale by end of feb ,cos if like us you would rather drive getting tested then getting a result (negative hopefully ) in time to get to a ferry to holland (north sea hull rotterdam ) and then driving the following day to austria is all but impossible (no 3 hour pcr round here), however ive come up with a plan albeit risking getting a negative pcr is :-prior to arriving at ferry terminal take pcr en route having already done a lateral flow 24 hr which atm would get you across holland and down germany with your pcr test coming back with plenty of time still left on it to get there , bit risky !! but atm cant see another way though what would happen if the pcr came back positive ,aargh. Or drive down to get the hook of holland ferry and a pcr en route at one of the airports eg stansted but that would add miles
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

@viv, how did you find DAM Health, i read some reviews and it didn't fill me with confidence.

Absolutely fine. Easy to book with good availability (we booked the day before). We turned up 10 minutes early and were all done in 10 minutes, and got the results in just over 8 hours. And the results were what we wanted....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
viv wrote:
Quote:

Absolutely fine. Easy to book with good availability (we booked the day before). We turned up 10 minutes early and were all done in 10 minutes, and got the results in just over 8 hours. And the results were what we wanted....

Similar experience with DAM 24 hour fit to fly. 6 of us across 2 different DAM clinics. 4 results back in 6 hours and other 2 in under 12 hours. Arrived through Innsbruck on Monday without issue….
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Russeh wrote:
@j4meseaton, I'll let you know how it goes.

We have used Dam Health (in Stockton) 3 times and their service has been excellent each time. So it's 10/10 from me! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ski for fun wrote:
im living in hope and triple jabbed that the austrian requirement for 48hr pcr is either done away with or given an extended time scale by end of feb ,cos if like us you would rather drive getting tested then getting a result (negative hopefully ) in time to get to a ferry to holland (north sea hull rotterdam ) and then driving the following day to austria is all but impossible (no 3 hour pcr round here), however ive come up with a plan albeit risking getting a negative pcr is :-prior to arriving at ferry terminal take pcr en route having already done a lateral flow 24 hr which atm would get you across holland and down germany with your pcr test coming back with plenty of time still left on it to get there , bit risky !! but atm cant see another way though what would happen if the pcr came back positive ,aargh. Or drive down to get the hook of holland ferry and a pcr en route at one of the airports eg stansted but that would add miles

Anecdotally, the Austrian police are not implementing Covid checks at border crossing points.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Austrian Seagull, the border at Walserberg on the A8 / A10 has checks. The border at Freilassing also. I have crossed both this week, but it seems only vehicles with NL signs are checked.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Mankei, were they actually stopping cars at Walserberg, or just the usual slowdown and don't look suspicious thing?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@ski for fun, Get tested (rapid PCR) at an airport in Germany en route. E.g. Munich?

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 12-01-22 11:35; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We're flying midweek on the 19th. Flying to Zurich and then train to St Anton because our Innsbruck flights were canned and there are no more direct flights midweek.

The Swiss entry requirement looks like a 72 hour test to clear customs in Zurich, but I'm going to try to make sure its 48 hours incase we get spot checked at any point along the train journey right up until we disembark in St Anton. The timings are all very tight - I think there is little choice but to spring for the 3hr test to make sure its 100% covered.

Such a pain.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@viv, @se7addick, @Bergmeister Good to know, might use them next time.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Has anyone had a pcr test drive through by randox I got one done got the test results back in the 3 hour window fine but the certificate does not say anything about fit to fly on it is this nominal and ok to use
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Beans wrote:
Has anyone had a pcr test drive through by randox I got one done got the test results back in the 3 hour window fine but the certificate does not say anything about fit to fly on it is this nominal and ok to use

I did a Randox PCR last month. The certificate did not say “fit to fly” on it. It had a QR code, said I was negative and had my name, passport number etc

It all worked fine for me.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
In case it is useful for anyone, has a 12-14 hour PCR from Randox in Glasgow for a flight to Innsbruck tomorrow. They actually test them on site (like I guess they do with the 1-3 hour ones) so result was emailed to me in 4 hours as they obviously prioritise the 1-3 hour ones. Therefore I would be happy to do a 12-14 hour one and save £15 ish as long as you have around 24 hours before the flight as I think it is fairly unlikely you wouldn't get the result back in time. I assume this is similar for all/most of their own testing shops.
ski holidays
2nd Randox test via their drop box was logged at 1530 yesterday, confirmed arrived at the lab at 0210, and negative result at 0945 this morning.
latest report
Does Austria accept Randox home PCR tests?
snow report
Yes they do - all testing companies have to be approved by the UK government, and this is then accepted internationally
snow report
ousekjarr wrote:
Yes they do - all testing companies have to be approved by the UK government, and this is then accepted internationally

Thank you
snow report
peter2512 wrote:
Does Austria accept Randox home PCR tests?

Yes it does, but surely you will be taking an unnecessary risk by doing that and sending through post given the test needs to be within 48 hours?

I've used Randox before and they were OK, but I'm not taking the risk when going to Austria given the 48 hour time limit - I'm paying the extra and getting the test done at a testing centre directly.
latest report
After reading this thread I am planning to book a rapid PCR at the east mids airport drive through the day before we fly. Luckily it’s just down the road from us! Don’t want to take any chances and have unnecessary panic. Hoping that they might not be necessary by half term but I realise that is probably wishful thinking!
snow report
I used collinson at Manchester drive through testing again last Friday, 3 hour result. Had the email before i even made it back to Yorkshire.
ski holidays
Just in case anyone missed the news update (covered in the other threads relating to Austria), from Monday 24th Jan 2022, PCR tests are no longer required for entry, assuming travellers are triple vaccinated.

Of course, there will be instances where PCR tests for entry are required.

The thread in Resorts, Reviews and Trip Reports https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=153006&start=7320 has regular updates and links to entry requirements for Austria.
snow report
@DickyMint, We are doing pretty much the same - leaving Warwickshire for a late tunnel Thursday night and overnighting near Calais, then driving through northern France into Germany and overnighting in Germany on the Friday close to the Austrian border. Crossing into Austria on Saturday morning and hoping to get on the slopes as the lifts open. If you have masterminded your Covid testing plan please can you let me know your strategy, my brain is aching trying to work out for myself how to achieve it !!
snow report
Be aware that Austrian rules require booster to be taken 120 days after jab #2. My travel buddy was within 120 days so still needs pcr where as me being lazy is only getting boosted today for a flight out later this week. Will be hoping booster pops up in nhs app pretty sharpish or I guess I'll need pcr too.

We did consider driving but brains hurting too much and some concern if say France locks brits out again.

The other thing I note is from Feb 2nd jab validity reduced to 180 days.
latest report
@sflint, seems a slow journey plan. Germany doesnt require a test if you have had two shots, though you might need three or a test to check into hotel (if the hotel is implementing 2G+). Dont forget to fill in the arrivals form https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de/#/ for all travelling. For Austria no test if you have had 3 shots.

@waynos, no one is checking the 120 days thing, as long as you have had 3 shots that's fine. There seems to be some internal Austrian issue which is relevant to the 120 days but it doesnt affect anyone else.
snow report
Great news! (although I've paid for my PCR) Q - Is it worth getting the PCR anyway or counterintuitive ?

Source - https://www.sozialministerium.at/Informationen-zum-Coronavirus/Coronavirus---Aktuelle-Ma%C3%9Fnahmen.html#einreiseregeln-ab-24-jaenner-2022

Entry rules from January 24, 2022
With a further amendment to the entry ordinance, all previous virus variant areas will no longer be included in Annex 1 from Monday, January 24th, 2022. The entry ordinance will be extended until February 28th, 2022.

The following rules apply to entry into Austria from January 24, 2022, regardless of the country from which entry is made:

2-G+ (vaccinated or recovered and in both cases PCR-tested) - obligation to provide proof when entering from all countries.
Exceptions:
People who can prove a booster do not have to submit a PCR test!
For commuters, there is still a 3-G proof obligation
Any further vaccination dose that goes beyond the " first series of vaccinations " (recovery + 1 vaccination, 2/2 vaccinations or 1/1 in the case of Janssen vaccination) is considered a " booster ". A recovery (valid proof of recovery 180 days) that took place in addition to the first series of vaccinations may also be counted as a “booster”.

Persons without a PCR test or booster vaccination are subject to the obligation to register and must remain in home quarantine until they receive a negative PCR test result.
Unvaccinated or recovered persons (i.e. without valid 2-G proof) may enter the country, but there is an obligation to register and quarantine for 10 days, free testing only from the 5th day.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy