Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone stranded due to positive return test?

Poster: A snowHead
brownie wrote:
@Layne I think you are complicating something quite straight forward

The scenario is quite simple. You are on holiday and you develop symptoms that could be COVID. You have 2 choices

1. You test yourself because you don’t want risk harming/infecting others while there
Or
2. You don’t test yourself because you don’t risk the inconvenience of having to self isolate on holiday Irrespective of the harm it might cause others

I don't believe I am.

What if my holiday is in Brighton and I get the train there. Or if it's not even a holiday but I go to work in London by train. And half way through the day I feel like crap - Covid like symptoms. Do I get the train home or find a Hotel nearby and stay there for 10 days?

Also are you saying if I was unvaxxed or triple vaxxed makes no odds? Or if I mask and sit next to an open window?

Also if Covid still exists in two years time will the same rules apply?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I do believe you are participating in some extreme whataboutery Wink

The question was what to do in the scenario where you come down with COVID symptoms when abroad, I think the only decent human being response is to get a test before you jump on a plane with others. Sitting next to an open window might be a challenge. The current strain is not so dangerous as delta, but 200 odd people in the UK still died of it today.

In your other scenarios of course people need to do the right thing, and that depends on the circumstances. If you needed to get from Brighton to Edinburgh by train a test and hotel if positive might be the would be the best idea. In the scenario you live closer of course it might make much more sense to get yourself home rather than trying to get a test from somewhere etc

Quote:

I don't believe I am.

What if my holiday is in Brighton and I get the train there. Or if it's not even a holiday but I go to work in London by train. And half way through the day I feel like crap - Covid like symptoms. Do I get the train home or find a Hotel nearby and stay there for 10 days?

Also are you saying if I was unvaxxed or triple vaxxed makes no odds? Or if I mask and sit next to an open window?

Also if Covid still exists in two years time will the same rules apply?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@brownie, you put the dilemma thus:

1. You test yourself because you don’t want risk harming/infecting others while there
Or
2. You don’t test yourself because you don’t risk the inconvenience of having to self isolate on holiday Irrespective of the harm it might cause others

You've asked me what's not neutral about it. But if you can't see that for yourself, then there's probably little I can do to explain it to you.

A neutral way to ask would simply be to say "do you test yourself or not?".
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There should be no reason why you can’t use the same Lateral flow test for day 2 that was brought for pre departure return to UK
There will be hundreds of travellers caught between the change in COVId testing that will be doing just that
I certainly will not be buying any more tests

To follow on from the comment re masks only protecting other people.
FFP3 masks if properly sealed and tested most certainly protect you and did so pre vaccination days when I was involved with COVID patients in hospital
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Csb123 wrote:
@brownie, i agree, but this is now the reality of society (here in the UK at least). I think it is a resonable expectation that wherever you go now, you will be in contact with +ve folk.

That's good. I used c19 last trip and apart from appearing a bit cowboy they do seem to run a good operation.

Not heard anything from randox on repurposing my test yet.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@therock, I wouldn't worry about it. The requirement is for you to show that you have done a test, not for Randox to provide you with said proof. Of the 7 return tests I've done, 4 failed to send me any results at all. As long as you upload in accordance with the instructions you're good. It records the date you took the test and the result, which you've provided a photo of.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@RedandWhiteFlachau, The issue is that a ref number is needed for the return PLF.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@MorningGory, There is a thread over in the Piste covering this - it seems many suppliers are now offering to repurpose the kits.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@RobinS, Yeah, my Randox box doesn't have a unique ref number on it so probably can't be used.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
MorningGory wrote:
@RedandWhiteFlachau, The issue is that a ref number is needed for the return PLF.

Ah, but I think the OP said he'd already ordered the tests, so if he has then he has the Ref No. It is shown on RANDOX forms like this:

"Remote Lateral Flow Test to Return Pack (Inc Day 2 PCR)

Booking Reference Numbers:

RANDX512303"

The PLF number is the RANDX512303.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@RedandWhiteFlachau, Ah, that must be the new ones. Mine are the 'old' fit 2 fly ones for the return journey.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@pam w,

A earlier post did put the question as you did, I would argue that I was being entirely factual Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
LaForet wrote:
I was wondering if anyone was or is stranded in their resort as a result of a positive Test to Return?

One of the risks currently, especially for a family or group, is that one of you may test positive and thus need to organise an extension to the stay to quarantine. I can imagine there are various issues with this. Of course, in some ways, an extension has always been a risk, even before the Pandemic, thanks to injury or a 'conventional' illness.

It raises a number of practical issues that might affect a risk analysis, including what actually happens with local notification? How does the TO or rental agency handle the situation? Is there a local hotel used specifically for quarantined visitors? Is is easy generally just to stay put, in place? How do you handle groceries etc if self-catering? What's been the experience with insurers? And so on ...

So I thought I'd start a thread just to see whether this was actually happening much and what people's experience was if it had happened to them.

What insurance do Brits on here have/recommend that covers these risks (of being stranded/forced to isolate)? The thread has references to insurance covering this but I'd assumed a lot of insurance excluded/didn't cover this contingency? Any recommendations of winter sports policies with decent Covid cover would be interesting and useful, especially from people who've had to claim and did so successfully...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Scotchmist wrote:
What insurance do Brits on here have/recommend that covers these risks (of being stranded/forced to isolate)? The thread has references to insurance covering this but I'd assumed a lot of insurance excluded/didn't cover this contingency? Any recommendations of winter sports policies with decent Covid cover would be interesting and useful, especially from people who've had to claim and did so successfully...

Most cover the costs of quarantine. For example:

https://www.lv.com/travel-insurance/coronavirus/coronavirus-update
Quote:
Section K: Additional transport and/or accommodation costs

What's covered:

Additional accommodation costs to stay longer at your destination because you specifically have been ordered to quarantine by a government or public authority for whilst you are at your destination (maybe because you have been diagnosed with COVID-19).

We'll pay additional transport costs to bring you home if your pre-booked transport cannot be rescheduled because you had to stay longer at your destination due to a quarantine period. This quarantine period must have been ordered by a government or public authority for you specifically whilst you are at your destination.

Examples of what's not covered:

Additional transport or accommodation costs after you left home because the FCDO imposed travel restrictions or lockdown either in the UK or at your destination.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Layne, that covers the overseas risk element. It doesn't seem to cover the possibility of the government imposing enforced quarantine at a quarantine hotel upon return to the U.K. which has happened, I think. It is a fair degree of reassurance, though.
ski holidays
MorningGory wrote:
@RedandWhiteFlachau, Ah, that must be the new ones. Mine are the 'old' fit 2 fly ones for the return journey.

If you ordered online from Randox you should see the booking reference number in red on the invoice bit of the confirmation email. That’s the number you’ll need for the UK Passenger Locator Form.

Hope that helps,
CW snowHead
ski holidays
Just to update - eventually heard back from Randox to get my fit 2 fly test changed to a day 2. Not via online forms or phone (gave up on hold twice after 30 mins). It was on Messenger via Facebook. Some one had luck on another thread. They give you a number to fill a form to get your booking reference.
snow report
@therock, That was me - did it on the phone with some emails !
latest report
MorningGory wrote:
@therock, That was me - did it on the phone with some emails !

Ah, great, couldn't find where it was I saw it. Thanks for that though!

Strange the 'normal' channels don't seem to work.

Saved me £20!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy