Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendations for first time to Dolomites with family?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
https://www.arabba.it/en/info-events/info/arabba-transfer/81-0.html

Not sure about the Hotel bit
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@snowball, yes, the arabba tourist office runs it on sat and Sun. Google arabba tourism and you should find it
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I did Corvara 3 years ago with 4 families. One family stayed in an Airbnb which worked well to save money.

Some good pizzerias in town too.

Good bus around town for easy access to the slopes.

Highly recommend it. It’s the most stunning countryside.

We hired cars from Marco Polo airport. Easy drive to the resort.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks @albob (and @MorningGory)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
susieq78 wrote:
MikeS79359 wrote:
Thanks for highlighting that resource - agree, the 13yo is going to be the challenge. He (and all of us) have already had COVID and recovered, though, and in October so < 6 mo ago. So AFAICT I just need to see about getting the digital COVID Pass for him, or some kind of recovery certificate as that site mentions.

I will keep you all posted with our experience in case it proves useful to someone else!

I've been tearing my hair out over getting a digital covid pass for my 13yo, and have not yet found a way to sort this out. The NHS travel pass for 12-15 year olds is for double vaccinated teens only. You can't get one for recovery for teens, or certainly not through any process I have found. You can get a certificate of recovery for teenagers from private GPs online but they do not give you a QR code compatible with the EUDCC system. You can get a certificate of recovery from the NHS if you are an adult. It's a bloody nightmare for teens.

For travellers to France (entry restrictions aside for a moment), pharmacists in some resorts have been creating QR codes/pass sanitaire for UK teens with evidence of one jab and recovery but they have to be collected in resort and I think they are only valid for the duration of the stay. I have no idea if italian pharmacists are willing to do the same thing in order for UK teens to be able to get a super green pass but it feels like a massive gamble travelling to Italy to find out! I cannot see my way round this Sad Sad Sad Sad

I can't offer any further info on this, but this will be your issue, Mike.

Even if the single vax + recovered 13yo could get into the country, you may not be able to buy a ski pass for him, as things currently stand.

Thankfully, my 14yo got her 2nd vax this week, so as long as we can get a Covid Pass QR code for her, she's good to go for Half Term.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As expected, this has been the blocking issue for us. The big problem turns out to be that the 13yo didn't actually get a positive PCR test when he had COVID (several positive LFTs), and we were told later that the Newbury testing site had given out many false positives just in the period when we tested there. So we aren't going to be able to get the pass for him despite my optimism.

OTOH it does look like Switzerland might allow us in... if I'm reading the rules there correctly, the vaccination requirements don't apply to children under 16 for activities like skiing, and under 18 for entry to the country.

Haven't given up on this year's ski holiday just yet...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hope it all works out for you!!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@MikeS79359, Try Sass Fee in Switzerland. Your kids will have no restrictions in Switzerland. Fly to Geneva then take the train (very pleasant) followed by a connecting bus. It is an easy journey.

Stunning village with is car free. Good enough slopes for your range of needs especially fantastic nursery slopes.

My four kids all learnt to ski in Sass Fee, and now go every spring so if you decide to go, let me know and I can give you lots of advice about where to go and what to do. And answer any questions you have.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy