Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

One little thing.....

Poster: A snowHead
As we sit in the UK missing the Alps, working and doing domestic stuff before heading out as often as we can for skiing, climbing and DH, there’s one little thing which we REALLY miss. The bread in Taillens in Montana. Pailliasse (straw mattress translation).

What’s the one little thing which you miss about the place(s) you go to?

We never say ‘ah we wish we had some here’ - because the whole point is that it’s THERE.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@valais2, gosh, that evoked a childhood memory for me: aged about 4 or 5, sitting on a wooden bench outside a mountain hut in Vermala, eating a slice of black bread - really black, but soft and sweet - spread with unsalted butter and morello cherry jam, washed down with Schloer. I can taste it all now, through my Covid haze, my earliest memory of food, and on your doorstep. I've never eaten rye bread as delicious since. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Grand Marniere Crepe after the last run of the day.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hurtle that will be Pain de Siegle - the Taillens one with walnuts in it - that’s a wonderful image you conjure up ...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
But there are lots of different pains de seigle, and they're by no means all the same. Some quite dull.

What I most miss is Beaufort cheese - not that that's a "little thing".
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Chips from the Coastguard Cafe at Hayling Island and if its ski resort related duck in a can.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Being able to get washing capsules for black clothes. I bring them home
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That first beer at the end of a long days skiing after taking the ski boots off, been nearly 2 years now and not looking likely for this season to be honest.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
From Andorra; chocolate so thick you can drink it with a fork.
From Banff; beaver tails.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Chips from the Coastguard Cafe at Hayling Island and if its ski resort related duck in a can.

Is that the same as the "duck" @ GVA airport.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bombardinos from Sauze d’Oulx.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lunch on the mountain in the Dolomites, just a simple ravioli perhaps with a little chilli oil dressing, sat outside in the sun chatting with friends, people watching and drinking in the view.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fresh air (Vs the smog of London...)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The first Picon biere after the last run of the day…bliss
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Proper, fresh fish and chips ideally from the Philadelphia in Glasgow or the Alba d'Oro in Edinburgh
snow report
under a new name wrote:
Proper, fresh fish and chips
Always first evening when I pop back to see Mum Blush
latest report
Hurtle wrote:
@valais2, gosh, that evoked a childhood memory for me: aged about 4 or 5, sitting on a wooden bench outside a mountain hut in Vermala, eating a slice of black bread - really black, but soft and sweet - spread with unsalted butter and morello cherry jam, washed down with Schloer. I can taste it all now, through my Covid haze, my earliest memory of food, and on your doorstep. I've never eaten rye bread as delicious since. Very Happy

Lucky enough to have a local owner run Italian bakery that sells beautiful black bread amongst other lovely loaves. Favourite so far has been straight rye loaf with honey bought in Val Val Cenis. Now have a hankering to try it as yours too, morello cherry jam just put on shopping list.

Favourite in ski village, Beaufort Ravioli for lunch at small cafe top of first chair Ste Foy, served in a big pan with crusty bread and salad could eat it every day I'm there.
snow report
That's Val Val Cenis, so good they named it twice Very Happy
latest report
Real, authentic, goulash soup, in an Austrian mountain restaurant, on a really cold day Very Happy
latest report
Crepes from the little shack across the road from the cinema in Chatel
snow report
Having a Beer by a large log fire, after a day's skiing.
snow conditions
Having decent dessert in SC apartment from a proper French patisserie in Flaine forêt.
snow conditions
Lots of things. Many mentioned above. But one not mentioned so far : Kaiserschmarr’n. Mit apfelmuss. Oder preiselbeeren.
ski holidays
@JHS, I nearly put kaiser but with vanillesaus
snow report

This.
snow conditions
Croissants with apricot jam for breakfast
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy