Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday

Poster: A snowHead
Timmycb5 wrote:
Tying in with the Adelboden slalom then, so Jan 8th

Watching it live on Eurosport now (don’t worry no spoilers from me) fair play to the organisers for getting this race on because in every wide camera shot there is almost literally no snow other than the strip they’ve put together for the FIS race. Crazily brown and green
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cheers, will be switching over to it after the mighty blues have played CITEH in the FA cup, will have to have something to lighten my mood Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Timmycb5, great news. Will really get me in the ski zone!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Double house will be on the couch at the appropriate time!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Timmycb5, thanks
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep. Jonesy has put a bit on her FB page about her segment tonight.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jirac18 wrote:
Timmycb5 wrote:
Tying in with the Adelboden slalom then, so Jan 8th

Watching it live on Eurosport now (don’t worry no spoilers from me) fair play to the organisers for getting this race on because in every wide camera shot there is almost literally no snow other than the strip they’ve put together for the FIS race. Crazily brown and green

Yeah I watched it earlier too, really quite eerie to see the rest of the resort with literally no snow in early January. I certainly can’t remember a start to a season being this awful.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
terrygasson wrote:
cheers, will be switching over to it after the mighty blues have played CITEH in the FA cup, will have to have something to lighten my mood Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

How's that going? NehNeh
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
not good, anyway the beeb can start ski sunday earlier today to put me out my misery!!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
terrygasson wrote:
not good, anyway the beeb can start ski sunday earlier today to put me out my misery!!!

Don’t worry. Mighty Oxford United will exact revenge in the next round. I’m actually going to the Oxford v Arsenal game tomorrow, and it is surely Oxford’s to lose rolling eyes
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That’s not ice
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That one legged skier/climber/footballer is pretty amazing. And all self taught as well apparently. The thigh burn he must get doesn't bear thinking about.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sun 8-01-23 20:13; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wow. Not heard of him before, but I should have - Vasu Sojitra is quite a bloke.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Timmycb5, Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ster wrote:
That one legged skier/climber/footballer is pretty amazing. And all self taught as well apparently. The thigh burn he must get doesn't bear thinking about.

Truly inspirational
ski holidays
Timmycb5 wrote:
ster wrote:

Truly inspirational

Incredible! I have huge admiration for all disabled skiers but that's just another level.

Boris wrote:
That’s not ice

That was my thoughts. Barely more than hard-pack.
ski holidays
Boris wrote:
That’s not ice

Ha, no, it wasnt. And I notice that Eds tip for snowboarding on ice was in fact to not snowboard on ice but to go to the side where all the loose stuff has been pushed to.
snow report
Boris wrote:
That’s not ice

Would have loved to have that "ice" this week,
ski holidays
Anyone know what make chemmy's navy jumper was? Navy with mountain scene. Looked like 44 was on it but could not quite see.
snow report
+another thanks
snow report
boabski wrote:
Anyone know what make chemmy's navy jumper was? Navy with mountain scene. Looked like 44 was on it but could not quite see.

https://snowfinel.co.uk/pages/winter-inspiration-2020

44 seems part of id as they show different on each, like 4458 etc.
snow conditions
ster wrote:
Boris wrote:
That’s not ice

Ha, no, it wasnt. And I notice that Eds tip for snowboarding on ice was in fact to not snowboard on ice but to go to the side where all the loose stuff has been pushed to.

His advice for skiing/boarding on ice was good advice, don't try and turn on boiler plate ice, ski over it and seek out softer terrain, usually at the edge of the piste to turn.

Chemmy's advice wasn't really relevant to ice as she, as others have pointed out, clearly wasn't skiing on a piste that could in any way remotely be considered icy!!
ski holidays
@ski3, superb. Thanks
ski holidays
I was watching Chemmy and that was a normal piste. I always remember being told I let my skis run flat over the icy patch and turn if you can elsewhere.
latest report
Stand on one leg when skiing ice. Ice skaters manage to get loads of grip on an edge of around 30cm but skiers struggle on two ~175cm edges. If you stand on your outside ski like an ice skater your weight will be centered properly over that edge and you will turn.... properly! Try it, you'll be amazed!
snow report
adithorp wrote:

Boris wrote:
That’s not ice

That was my thoughts. Barely more than hard-pack.

Lucywuk wrote:
I was watching Chemmy and that was a normal piste. I always remember being told I let my skis run flat over the icy patch and turn if you can elsewhere.

Aye she's only an ex-pro racer and four time olympian WTF does she know about icy pistes?

Far better to listen to random know it alls on Internet forums.
ski holidays
know-it-alls
snow report
Nickski wrote:
know-it-alls

And another one..
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Whitegoldsbrother, I wasn't having a go at her technique or experience - just pointing out that didn't look like an icy piste.
snow conditions
ski3 wrote:
boabski wrote:

https://snowfinel.co.uk/pages/winter-inspiration-2020

44 seems part of id as they show different on each, like 4458 etc.

Not heard of this brand before. Interesting- looks like Graham Bell is also a 'brand ambassador'. Items designed and manufactured in the UK and the pricing rather reflects that. £295 for a classic navy sweater.....! Good luck with that.
ski holidays
Interesting you spotted this as they (the presenters) keep being told off for wearing brands visibly on TV (although it's hard to see how you can wear any ski gear without a logo being visible)
https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/bbc-ski-sunday-host-chemmy-29021581
latest report
@iainm, I think the issue for Auntie is that they are wearing clothing that they are also promoting and endorsing on the manufacturers website and other outlets.

Personally, I couldn't care less whose brand they wear.
snow report
You do what all other arenas do where brands are restricted in terms of display, only wear something that has minimal branding and/or stick a piece of tape over logos. Simple. Not good enough to say its too hard if that is the rule.

If they don’t want to, then relinquish the BBC contract.
snow conditions
I thought the last ten minutes of SS on the 22nd was utter tosh. Woe is I and a lot of equality crap.
To be frank, the people there were only interested in a photo for their socials.
Does Dave who happens to have coloured skin and work in finance not have the same internet that I do and can't access Crystals website? Of course he does. This is box ticking and snowflaking at its absolute worse.

Will I be watching SS next weekend...?

Probably.
snow report
@homers double, +1 I changed channel at that point.
ski holidays
I support the girls in their mission but the National Brotherhood of Skiers has been going for decades

https://www.nbs.org/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=681344&module_id=479193

And they’re a marvellous influx on a ski resort for the week they come to town.

Yes they’re an American organisation but their fundraiser usually brings black skiers from around the world together - why not highlight them and do some research BBC

https://www.blackbeachweek.com/blackskisummit.html
ski holidays
homers double wrote:
I thought the last ten minutes of SS on the 22nd was utter tosh. Woe is I and a lot of equality crap.
To be frank, the people there were only interested in a photo for their socials.
Does Dave who happens to have coloured skin and work in finance not have the same internet that I do and can't access Crystals website? Of course he does. This is box ticking and snowflaking at its absolute worse.

Will I be watching SS next weekend...?

Probably.

I have to disagree with you. I really enjoyed it.
Yes, it is box ticking in the unashamed way the BBC does it - anybody that enjoys Call The Midwife will know all about causes.
But, it was actually quite charming and I went full circle from your viewpoint to enjoyment.
Anything that shows the joy of our hobby is no bad thing and I love a selfie from some corner of the French Alps - and mine, in a couple of weeks, won't be as nice as that group's pics, I bet
latest report
I remember when Ski Sunday used to show ski racing - watching on catch up and 10 mins of crap about it getting dark and then another few waffling on about last weeks race
latest report
homers double wrote:
This is ... snowflaking at its absolute worse.

What is snowflaking?
ski holidays
Boris wrote:
I remember when Ski Sunday used to show ski racing - watching on catch up and 10 mins of crap about it getting dark and then another few waffling on about last weeks race

Exactly our reaction this evening, too. Just show us the racing!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy