Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ski Sunday not on BBC 2 Wales this week!
Luckily Sky channel 980 for BBC 2

5min warning!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Mr.Egg, its on later in Wales, like nearer midnight, Rugby first then football then if you’re lucky, skiing.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Mr.Egg, Ta, would have missed it, if I hadn't seen your post. Just enough time to make the, ahem, arrangements.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I thought last week was the last one? Balls. Will catch up on iPlayer
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good to see the team highlighting the frailty of our beloved sport. Personally don’t think they went on hard enough on what we can do.

Would be interested to hear what our resident climate change sceptics made of it.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Pruman, nonsense. Eny fule no helmets reduce brain injury. Just because they don’t prevent it completely is no reason not to wear 1. This is what the warning on the MIPS website is referring to.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Pruman, I think both of your recent posts are on the money.

It always amuses me when people evangelically bang on about a subject without even the vaguest idea what they are talking about.

I have lost track of how many people have told me that their bike helmet cracked when they fell off and used this as evidence that their skull would have suffered the same damage............without understanding that the shell in a helmet is not really part of the helmets "protection" and is, in fact, much more frail and susceptible to breakage than a human skull.

MIPS tech is one of these areas, designed to mitigate a problem (rotational injuries) which may only have been an issue because the user actually wore, erm, a helmet in the first place Very Happy .
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@GreenDay, & I suppose you don’t wear a helmet on a horse or motorbike?

The Earth is flat, the sky is going to fall on our heads, Covid-19 is no worse than flu, vaccines have chips from Microsoft in them, the moon landings were faked…
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Timmycb5 wrote:
Good to see the team highlighting the frailty of our beloved sport. Personally don’t think they went on hard enough on what we can do.

Would be interested to hear what our resident climate change sceptics made of it.


Weather cycles. Earth warms up. Earth Cools down. That does not only happen in Autumn, Winter, Spring & Summer.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Gordyjh wrote:
@GreenDay, & I suppose you don’t wear a helmet on a horse or motorbike?

The Earth is flat, the sky is going to fall on our heads, Covid-19 is no worse than flu, vaccines have chips from Microsoft in them, the moon landings were faked…


Pretty far off the mark there, I am as far from "that guy" as you could get.

I cant comment on riding horses or motorbikes but I do wear a lid if I am mountain biking, so your - incredibly stupid - assertion that I am some kind of flat earther anti vaxer is miles off the mark.

I have no issue with you making your own decisions - my point upthread was that some people on your "side" think that others are stupid and that the debate is black and white.

I disagree, but you are entitled to your opinion.

However, if you want to play this game then I suggest that you may be better served by posting facts to back up your stance rather than diving straight in with abuse...............
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hoping to interview Chemmy Alcott later this week for The Ski Podcast about the BBC's Olympics coverage. If you have any questions for her, please let me know before Weds
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
To what extend does covering the olympics, when held in a totalitarian repressive regime, normalises and legitimises that regime by highlighting what it wants to portray as its positive aspects and only being allowed to show what it wants to be shown whilst whitewashing less savoury aspects.

Or alternatively which event are you most excited about and who will be doing your outfits? wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Why do people argue so much about helmets? I don't care a jot what anyone does so long as it does not put me at increased risk. To that end, I can't see how someone not wearing a helmet increases my risk so I don't really care. Except in so far that I think the preponderance of evidence demonstrates quite substantial benefits. This seems particularly so for the most common head related incidents, which are relatively low speed/force, where a helmet reduces the risk of a fairly simple incident resulting in serious head injury. So I think those who choose to not wear a helmet are being a bit daft, but I don't see any need to compel them to do so.

I do think, however, that it is reasonable to compel children to wear a helmet. That is a very different story in my view.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Any chance we can stow yet again another helmet divergence as the title here is Ski Sunday? There are plenty of other helmet threads to debate in, or set up a new one if everyone is desperate.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ster wrote:
Any chance we can stow yet again another helmet divergence as the title here is Ski Sunday? There are plenty of other helmet threads to debate in, or set up a new one if everyone is desperate.


+1

We now know all the entrenched views.
ski holidays
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Timmycb5 wrote:
I thought last week was the last one? Balls. Will catch up on iPlayer

Yesterday was the last of the season
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ster wrote:
To what extend does covering the olympics, when held in a totalitarian repressive regime, normalises and legitimises that regime by highlighting what it wants to portray as its positive aspects and only being allowed to show what it wants to be shown whilst whitewashing less savoury aspects.


Salford may be rough, but I don't think it's quite that bad. Laughing


Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 31-01-22 13:51; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@iainm, a plea even before the coverage has begun for less talk (especially in a studio), fewer interviews and more action.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
twoodwar wrote:
@iainm, a plea even before the coverage has begun for less talk (especially in a studio), fewer interviews and more action.


This - no need for the hyped build up pre-record especially when we're on highlights packages (as most of this years WOG will be due to time differences). Maybe have the patronising introduction to the sport available on red button rather than broadcasting lowest common demoninator stuff. More action, less waffle from all sports except ice dancing and Olympic housework please. Realise this reduces Chemmy's role.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was impressed by Dave Ryding’s pull up / hip rotation training, I’m tempted to try it, but it may not end well…..
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ster wrote:
To what extend does covering the olympics, when held in a totalitarian repressive regime, normalises and legitimises that regime by highlighting what it wants to portray as its positive aspects and only being allowed to show what it wants to be shown whilst whitewashing less savoury aspects.

Or alternatively which event are you most excited about and who will be doing your outfits? wink

Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
On the rocks wrote:
I was impressed by Dave Ryding’s pull up / hip rotation training, I’m tempted to try it, but it may not end well…..


I thought that, might have got somewhere near in my twenties but in my 60's it might be terminal rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@GreenDay, it’s not abuse, merely a reasonable response to an unreasonable assertion. Helmets reduce head injuries.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Really enjoyed the chat with Chemmy. She can TALK! And she got interupted by her kids.
https://theskipodcast.com/podcast/88-chemmy-alcott-on-ski-sunday-beijing-2022-plus-grindelwald-yad-moss/

In relation to the Dave Ryding coverage, she reveals that the BBC didn't have the rights for the slalom in Kitzbuhel. She was only there as a fan, but got the camera guy to come too as 'she had a feeling about it'...

Plus if you wondered why the Wengen episode was presented by Graham and Jenny, she reveals it was because she and Ed both tested postive for Covid


http://youtube.com/v/rqEev2ukdZw
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Followed this up with some more BBC Sport/Olympics chat with Graham Bell and Emily Sarsfield about how Team GB are doing.
Special ski podcast episode out now:
https://audioboom.com/posts/8028468-beijing-2022-update-with-graham-bell-emily-sarsfield-bonus-episode-25
https://open.spotify.com/episode/5cfmMTVsnZ70dMkbMOQrxw

Graham quite scathing about the boarder cross course (and the downhill was the 3rd easiest ever, apparently)
snow report



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy