Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday

Poster: A snowHead
@Layne, he'll be complaining that its only on for 5 episodes this year next!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kenzie wrote:
Riccardo wrote:
@Kenzie, how could you forget Picabo Street? One of the greatest names in the history of sport, or anything. And virtually unbeatable for a couple of seasons.

But I was referring to the 70s & 80s. Confused

Your quite right, apologies. I didn't realise I still watched Ski Sunday in the 90s but obviously I did.

I definitely wasn't watching when Fanny Chmelar was at her peak. Thanks for sharing the vid @RedandWhiteFlachau
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Richard_Sideways wrote:
@Layne, he'll be complaining that its only on for 5 episodes this year next!

Eh oh! it’s the only mainstream ski program so of course. Even though it’s dire.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-sports/59921081

I wonder if it will even get a mention.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Love ski sunday, however needs a few new sections such as a weekly resort review , showing the slopes, ski schools, family bits or groups, apres, travel etc.
Fast forwarded through all the boring lesbian / pan sexual / sexual orientation stuff. Just not interested, I’m here for the ski.
Chemmy and Ed Leigh are great presenters.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mr.Egg wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-sports/59921081

I wonder if it will even get a mention.

Deserves to.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I’d like to see a better round up of various other winter sports disciplines. I assume BBC don’t have the TV rights, so it’s probably moot, but there’s plenty of sports out there that I enjoy watching that could have a decent 5-10 minute weekly round up section (bobsleigh, luge, skeleton, biathlon, ski cross, boarder cross). Most of the time, once I’ve watched 1 or 2 downhill or GS racers I’ve seen enough, although that said I do really enjoy watching slalom (the Schladming episode is always a good one).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Stop bickering children!

Ski Sunday has always been about the racing, usually Downhill, & the only real problem is that it’s only 5 or 6 episodes a year these days.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dav wrote:
I’d like to see a better round up of various other winter sports disciplines. I assume BBC don’t have the TV rights, so it’s probably moot, but there’s plenty of sports out there that I enjoy watching that could have a decent 5-10 minute weekly round up section (bobsleigh, luge, skeleton, biathlon, ski cross, boarder cross). Most of the time, once I’ve watched 1 or 2 downhill or GS racers I’ve seen enough, although that said I do really enjoy watching slalom (the Schladming episode is always a good one).

Sounds like you really should treat yourself to a Eurosport subscription.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
dw832 wrote:
Dav wrote:

Yep, this in spades, shows all winter sports disiplines - really good to watch Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dw832 wrote:
Dav wrote:

I have one! Just watching some biathlon now. Good for skiing but less so for the sliding sports.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tonight’s episode went downhill after the opening credits, which are very good
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
That was great. Well done the BBC, loved it all Cool Cool Cool
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yep. Hamishs bit was good as a run up to Beijing piece, as was the para-snowboard bit.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Good episode. Proportionally I thought the slalom went on too long, it took the programme through until well past halfway. Thought the Hamish thing was good and interesting. As I said previously I’d like more time spent on a round up of other winter sports, Charlotte Bankes’ double win merited about ten seconds.
latest report
No other winter sports please. There is not enough skiing, just skiing sport, which lets face it very few of us do. It should be about the whole skiing experience. However who can’t love the downhill though! Thrills and spills. The danger aspect is what makes it I’m afraid. I think a good skiing programme would take too much work and planning for the resources available. It is however far better than nothing
latest report
Enjoyed it again.
snow report
twoodwar wrote:
No other winter sports please. There is not enough skiing, just skiing sport, which lets face it very few of us do. It should be about the whole skiing experience. However who can’t love the downhill though! Thrills and spills. The danger aspect is what makes it I’m afraid. I think a good skiing programme would take too much work and planning for the resources available. It is however far better than nothing

snowboard/ski cross much more exciting.
ski holidays
Peter S wrote:
That was great. Well done the BBC, loved it all Cool Cool Cool

Agreed. Absorbing throughout.
snow report
twoodwar wrote:

Think this show demonstrated that slalom is often more exciting than downhill - due to the format of a 2nd run in which the leaders appear to be in more direct competition.
ski holidays
Was better than last weeks. I thought it was quite ironic though that they missed the main story regarding the winner at Adelboden, Strolz who has been training on his own and self funding, prepping his own skis etc outside the AT ski team - it took a brief interview with the second placed AT skier Manuel Feller to highlight it, that was the big story which bypassed them, they thought it was just great because he’d started bib 38.
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
Was better than last weeks. I thought it was quite ironic though that they missed the main story regarding the winner at Adelboden, Strolz who has been training on his own and self funding, prepping his own skis etc outside the AT ski team - it took a brief interview with the second placed AT skier Manuel Feller to highlight it, that was the big story which bypassed them, they thought it was just great because he’d started bib 38.

Interesting - thanks for the background. Where have you been following this story from?
snow conditions
@dw832, It was the big news story from this weekends ski racing. That and Dave Ryding had a DNF on the second run of the slalom Toofy Grin

Have to say I've given up on Ski Sunday. Not sure why but just find the format tired.

I have to say that it's much more fun watching the racing live on Eurosport.
snow report
I enjoyed this one - especially the para snowboarders.

However - why do they never mention Charlie Guest (or have I missed it!)? Although she isn't in the top-top finishers yet, she's consistent and improving and the women's slalom in general has been super this season. I'd love to see them follow her a little more.
snow report
I’m really enjoying Graham Bell’s commentary. I just can’t listen to Nick Fellows on Eurosport.
snow report
@Markymark29, I thought the self-funding did come up - but I may recall wrongly. I agree it was a good effort. Somehow camera angles have improved - one got a better appreciation of the slope's steepness than I have seen before. The Aldenboden slalom struck me as tough, a lot of fresh snow, flat light, and a course that would have been quite a challenge for top racers, even in good light.

@dw832, I agree about watching slalom being enjoyable - for me that is because it more directly relates to the post skiing I do. Watching slalom racers brings back memories of instructors calling for a steady upper body, good edges, getting a rhythm in the turns and so forth. And watching out for not digging skis into soft snow in flat light! Watching some of them I was also reminded of following a Wengen instructor on a long run going straight line down the fall line; his upper body still, and the legs swinging as rhythmically as a metronome from side to side.
snow conditions
@ElzP, she got a brief (very) update on last weeks SS in the general roundup of TeamGB competitors. Yesterdays result may have been too late to include in the shows recording.
snow report
chrisdavis wrote:
I’m really enjoying Graham Bell’s commentary. I just can’t listen to Nick Fellows on Eurosport.

The only benefit to listening to Nick oh oh oh can you believe it Fellows is that he might just choke himself to death live on air screaming about Shiffrin. You certainly don't listen to him for his pronunciations or any insights relating to the actual race as his tune changes all the time as he cannot remember what his been rabbiting on about previously. I do not know how Ed Drake puts up with the blithering biased idiot.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I feel like you’re holding back Eh oh!
snow conditions
skiking69 wrote:
chrisdavis wrote:

The only benefit to listening to Nick oh oh oh can you believe it Fellows is that he might just choke himself to death live on air screaming about Shiffrin. You certainly don't listen to him for his pronunciations or any insights relating to the actual race as his tune changes all the time as he cannot remember what his been rabbiting on about previously. I do not know how Ed Drake puts up with the blithering biased idiot.

Oh he is so painful to listen to, I do put on mute when she wins like tonight, it's great when she is beat Smile
ski holidays
Oh I love it when she gets stuffed. Yes she is a good skier, but a proper commentator should not be grossly biased and cream themselves as she skis. Tanguy Nef is another of his favourites, who can forget his US education...
snow report
skiking69 wrote:
Tanguy Nef is another of his favourites, who can forget his US education...

To me, "Tanguy Nef" sounds like a medical condition. Toofy Grin
snow report
Look, if it wasn’t for Nick I would never have known that Michael Matt had a bigger and better brother. And he was won’t let me forget it.
latest report
Wasn't the race commentator on SS Matt Chilton? Why all the references to Nick Fellows on a Ski Sunday thread?
ski holidays
@halfhand, because this thread has turned into a hate group of Eurosport ski commentary.
latest report
Chemmy came past our house with her kids earlier (I won’t post pics). She had been complaining on Instagram that she couldn’t find lessons for them, but since the village is currently full of unemployed ski instructors, that was soon sorted out.
snow report
One of the skiers was on Nordica skis today. I wasn't aware they made skis!

Is it a new venture or am I just shielded from reality too much? Toofy Grin
snow report
Can't believe Matt Chilton said the Slovenian fella was snowploughing like a beginner Laughing
ski holidays
MorningGory wrote:
...or am I just shielded from reality too much? Toofy Grin

This Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Quote:

snowploughing like a beginner

That made me laugh too Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy