Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone got an out if hour number for BA?

Poster: A snowHead
I'm trying to checking to a Vueling flight which I booked through BA. I got an email from BA to say check in now but when I click to checkin, and its meant to connect with Vueling, I get a blank white screen. If I try Vueling directly I get the same. If I try the BA app it says the booking can't be found. FFS.

Contact centre closes at 8pm
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can you try the email link with a different browser?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No, but the last time I had hassle I called their US number which was way better than the UK numbers (which were also routed abroad, albeit to a less service oriented culture).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ster, tried chrome and safari

@philwig, how much will that cost? I can try again in the morning but I expect to be on hold for hours
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well apparently clearing cookies has fixed it.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
...not strictly true. Worked fir my mate in Spain doing it for me. I cleared my cookies ...still the same. Downloaded the app. Booking not found.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx wrote:
...not strictly true. Worked fir my mate in Spain doing it for me.

Brexit ? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Vueling Website and on-line checkin comes up for me. I’ve all sorts of website failures over the years, where the designers have tried to be too clever, and didn’t test everything properly.

I can’t remember a single, single booking number, non-BA flight checkin that has worked successfully.

For BA they use automatic number ID to route calls, so I have found turning off your caller-ID, then calling the ‘calling from abroad’ direct number often works better than the usual customer dis-service numbers.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@PowderAdict, yeah...the problem is the contact centre closed at 8pm. I've a busy day today and could do without this crap to sort out

Online check in comes up but booking isn't found. I know its there because my mate got as far as choosing my seat and uploading my Spanish health form
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@holidayloverxx, Could you mate not have checked you in then emailed you the boarding pass?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx wrote:
@philwig, how much will that cost? I can try again in the morning but I expect to be on hold for hours
Nothing. Use a free Skype account, find the appropriate 0800 number, and you're good to go ... I often end up calling local rental places or shops that way. Plus of course the same technology works the other way around to call UK free numbers, and even if you get a paid-number the cost is pennies only.

Most of the time I end up using North American service centres anyway, as stuff doesn't generally go wrong until I actually get underway. That one time LHR closed down because of snow in Scotland... I was forced to use this trick after days of being fobbed off by their Indian call centre, which felt like a waste of time and made a bad situation significantly worse. I've now willingly flown BA since.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@zikomo, no because we had to wait for the health form to validate...which it didn't.

@philwig, thanks useful for the future...got through to BA in 5 mins this morning

I'm at Gatwick waiting for check on to open. I've got prints of all the documents. I've got a seat number . Should be OK...but just let them try and charge me for airport checkin!

A number of Spanish people here with similar problems....they are being charged £55 per person

Gatwick service desk...yeah it'll be fine. It happens a lot

6 hours of my life I won't get back...but I have a bloody Mary.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
And in departures. She barely glanced at my QR codes and gave me a boarding pass. Random seat though. I've finished the traditional BM and have moved onto gin. Aaaaahhh
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@holidayloverxx, for a minute I though you were saying BA were charging for check-in at the airport, then remembered you were on Vueling.

Enjoy now you've made it!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@holidayloverxx, have a great trip!
ski holidays
And my random seat is a row to myself. They have Cune rioja. @Valkyrie, I think I am going to have a great trip Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy