Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pinged after Easyjet flight on Saturday!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
CathS wrote:
It is from the PLF, as I don't have the app. I just hope that they pinged the whole plane, and not just those within 2 rows of the plague-carrier, as others have suggested to me is the case.

I don't need to self-isolate, just take LFTs for the next 7 days. But also avoid contact with the elderly/vulnerable (ie. my parents).

Day 2 PCR taken on Sunday morning was negative, but it would be too early to pick up any infection I'd got on Saturday's flight.

Spot on about timing.

My wife PCR tested negative the day after we flew back from Lapland 10 days ago, we went absolutely nowhere or met anyone in the UK. Two days after that she PCR tested positive, the NHS requiring a test before she went back to work.

Pre and on the Easyjet flight there were non mask wearing families. Playing the game of just a chin warmer as they walked past staff at checkpoints.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Cancel the app or don't complete test and trace properly, then block the number - that stops you being pinged

Then you carry on infecting other people.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So (assuming 2/3 jabs) if you live with someone who is +ve you don’t need self isolate. But if you happen to be on an aircraft with a +ve case you do…?? Makes no sense
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Dravot, no. If you're vax'd (and a close contact), you just RLF test every day for 7days from notification (or 10 from last contact if known).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Same happened to me. I don’t have the test and trace app. This can only have come from the Passenger Locator Form which has my flight number and seat number for flight home on 26th. Mrs On the rocks had a spare seat between us and everyone around was wearing masks and not coughing etc. I’ve no way of knowing how the algorithm works, just someone on the same flight? Within X rows away? We’ve not had our day 2 PCR results yet and based on previous experience of the lab we used I’m expecting delays but no symptoms and lateral flow tests today negative.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The algorithm seems to assume anyone on the database relating to same flight is a "close contact" of everyone else on the plane.
It would be too much trouble to write an algorithm which differentiated between different aircraft types or seating patterns or proximity on the plane.
Better to ping all the punters, the more the better. Health& safety (& epidemic control) is a good thing, you can never have too much of a good thing. Who cares if the punters don't like it.......
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
On the rocks wrote:
Same happened to me….We’ve not had our day 2 PCR results yet and based on previous experience of the lab we used I’m expecting delays but no symptoms and lateral flow tests today negative.

So will the result of your day-2 PCR test have any effect on the need to isolate? Or is isolation no longer required for contacts who have had 2 or more jabs?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Red Leon, I doubt it. This started as a result of one or more persons on our flight failing their plus 2 tests which are directly linked to their passenger locator form(s)
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Red Leon, if you have been double jabbed you don't need to isolate but you are recommended to do daily LFT tests for 7 days.
See here
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pieman666 wrote:
@Red Leon, if you have been double jabbed you don't need to isolate but you are recommended to do daily LFT tests for 7 days.
See here

That’s what I thought. So, provided the day-2 test is -ve, daily LFTs will allow @OnTheRocks to live a normal life.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Red Leon, yes on checking this is so, panic over and green ink back in the drawer Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just been pinged from my BA flight from San Francisco on Sunday (landed Monday).

Don't need to isolate as I'm double jabbed, but I do need to test every day until next Thursday.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We were pinged Tues from the TUI TRN to BHX. Pos lat flow yesterday & confirmed positive PCR today. Mild flu like symptoms & a bit of a temp. Hubby still testing neg but has the same symptoms so presuming pos. Even though the ping came from the flight I’m very sure I caught it from the hotel.

One thing we’ve discovered, I only tested pos after sticking the nose swab down my throat (did this when my temp ramped up). If I just do the nose one, it’s still showing negative which shows how farcical the whole testing regime is.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Chuckles3, I've read that during initial stages of infection, there is more detectable virus in the throat. After a couple of days, the viral load in the nose is much higher.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@musehead, I certainly came home with a cold, as I always seem to. I guess I’ll never know where I caught it. I’m certainly not into pointing any fingers as I knew the risks. In a weird way I’m sort of glad I’ve got my first dose almost out of the way. At least when I go back in 4 weeks, I’ll be naturally boosted alongside my 3 jabs.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy