Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another UK Lockdown Imminent?

Poster: A snowHead
@LukeRibs, good point, people aren't going to be ready to follow a government message unless that government has shown them their messages can be trusted. There are quite a few communities who feel they have been ignored and let down.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
LukeRibs wrote:
Lots on here pointing out that areas with high levels of ethnic diversity are amongst the lowest uptake of the vaccine.

I don't think you're talking about "high levels of ethnic diversity". I think you maybe talking about ethnic enclaves.

In many big cities, there's "high level of ethnic diversity". Those are people of most open minded and worldly. I've not seen suggestions those areas have low vaccine intake.

But also within many (small to large) cities, there're these ethnic enclaves where the ethnic minority either couldn't afford to live elsewhere, or don't have the language skill to live elsewhere, or they prefer to cling onto the culture they missed. Those areas actually don't have "high levels of ethnic diversity". They have very low level of ethnic diversity.

For all the reason you listed, vaccine update in those "ethnic ghettos" are substantially lower than the national average.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mr.Egg wrote:
Boris wrote:
abc wrote:
Rob_Quads wrote:
Mr.Egg wrote:
Maximum of group of 6, table service, etc.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59752752

I wonder how much difference that will make. Surely if you have families of 10 for example all you will end up doing is going round someones house instead so you will get the same mixing just the food industry will be loosing out again.

Rightly or wrongly, it's extended indoor time that promotes transmission. Food industry in the winter time is exactly that. Supporting the food industry unfortunately also encourages transmission.

But it will make no difference as you'll just have a group of 10 in someone's house instead - probably closer together and for a longer period of time than at a pub or restaurant.

but in a pub, you could come into contact with lots more people.
We have further guidance in Wales called flow & go. I would trust my friends to take an LFT before meeting up, than going to a pub filled with random people. Our local ale house is busy on Fridays for afterwork pint, etc.

But what difference does it make, if you go to the pub with 5 friends (sticking to the rule of 6) or 12 family members. What is so magical about 6?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
LukeRibs wrote:

Just as one example amongst many, I have worked with lads from the Pashtun community in Sheffield who are refusing to get the vaccine as they have a deep, deep mistrust of the British government, and given how they’ve been let down of late - I’d say that mistrust is justified.

I guess the question is who will they trust. I get they don’t want to trust the government but there are so many more people than government recommending it, especially sooo many in the medical profession or are they untrusted too?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Ricklovesthepowder, nothing - it’s an appearance of doing something which is all politicians care about

Biggest risk of catching it over summer was in hospital, nearly 40% I think.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Boris wrote:
@Ricklovesthepowder, nothing - it’s an appearance of doing something which is all politicians care about

Exactly my point. This hypothetical number of 6 is a farce.

How ironic that 40% of people caught COVID in hospital
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boris wrote:

You think? There's got to be data supporting or refuting that...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:

But what difference does it make, if you go to the pub with 5 friends (sticking to the rule of 6) or 12 family members. What is so magical about 6?

when does a gathering become a party? Puzzled
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
40% sounds a lot, that may be a figure from March 2020.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Most MRSA transmissions are in hospital.

Places are bloody full of sick people!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mr.Egg wrote:
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:

when does a gathering become a party? Puzzled

It doesn’t matter what the occasion is. If I go to a restaurant with just my wife, and the restaurant holds 200 people, then covid will spread amongst the 200 people. If a group of friends all go together and there is 20 of us, covid doesn’t decide to attack you because you are in a group of 20! The limit on numbers is absolutely ridiculous.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Ricklovesthepowder, Not quite - a group will be closer together and facing each other. Probably a significant difference in risk.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It's not rocket science. The group of 6 is based on the average number of people who can sit at 1 table, as @MorningGory said, facing each other.

Bigger groups would need more than that, and would then move between the various tables, not wear a mask whilst doing so, and, potentially, spread it amongst more people seated nearby.

As Students in Nottingham proved on National TV last year. As they were living in large households of 20, they didn't understand the principal and wanted to join 2 "households" and to "float" between them.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
j b wrote:
40% sounds a lot, that may be a figure from March 2020.

People pick and choose "numbers" to confirm what they want to believe.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Noticeable shift in reporting, I’m going to say no restrictions for England
ski holidays
Boris wrote:

I pray you are right.

There was a newspaper article suggested for on Facebook which was written almost as if lockdown had already been announced starting 27th which worried me….
snow report
Quote:

There was a newspaper article suggested for on Facebook which was written almost as if lockdown had already been announced starting 27th which worried me…

Use FB for watching videos of cats and dogs doing daft things and posting pictures of your food not for getting your news and especially not for any Covid info. Simples, Merry Christmas Toofy Grin
snow conditions
halfhand wrote:
Quote:

There was a newspaper article suggested for on Facebook which was written almost as if lockdown had already been announced starting 27th which worried me…

Use FB for watching videos of cats and dogs doing daft things and posting pictures of your food not for getting your news and especially not for any Covid info. Simples, Merry Christmas Toofy Grin

Tbh just use it keep in touch with my very geographically dispersed family. I wish I could turn of the “suggested for you” but I guess that is what funds the platform.
latest report
@halfhand, agreed - just enjoy Xmas
snow conditions
NickyJ wrote:
Boris wrote:

I pray you are right.

There was a newspaper article suggested for on Facebook which was written almost as if lockdown had already been announced starting 27th which worried me….

I don't think there will be another full lockdown either - with reports like this my worry, however, is that it's having a similar effect anyway

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-christmas-holiday-plans-abandoned-as-european-nations-impose-new-coronavirus-rules-on-uk-arrivals-12503479
snow conditions
I wouldn't count any chickens just yet. Hospital admissions WITH Covid have doubled in a week. https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/covid-hospital-admissions-in-london-nearly-double-in-a-week-data-shows/ar-AAS7LLk?ocid=msedgntp
ski holidays
NickyJ wrote:
halfhand wrote:
Quote:

Tbh just use it keep in touch with my very geographically dispersed family. I wish I could turn of the “suggested for you” but I guess that is what funds the platform.

FB Purity works well for me to limit to only what I want i.e. nothing except posts from friends.
snow report
pam w wrote:
I wouldn't count any chickens just yet. Hospital admissions WITH Covid have doubled in a week. https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/covid-hospital-admissions-in-london-nearly-double-in-a-week-data-shows/ar-AAS7LLk?ocid=msedgntp

It’s certainly a worry but I do find the lack of decent data frustrating.
Quote: “ New data from NHS England shows that 386 Covid-19 admissions were recorded by hospitals in London on December 22…..The number of Covid-19 admissions includes people admitted to hospital in the previous 24 hours who were known to have Covid-19, plus any patients diagnosed in hospital with Covid-19 in the previous 24 hours.”

What’s really important is how many of those 386 were actually admitted to hospital because they needed treatment for the symptoms of COVID. If it’s 350+ we are is deep poo-poo; if it’s 25, it’s really not such an issue.
latest report
Yes, that's a vital distinction. But whatever the answer, the steep jump in admissions is a concern. The truth is that not enough is known at the moment - big questions will be answered gradually over the next week or so. Thank goodness it now seems pretty clear that Omicron is less likely to send people into hospital than previous variants. But people being admitted to hospital are ill (especially with much elective surgery being cancelled) and likely to be vulnerable - whether they catch it in hospital or take it in with them.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy