Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another UK Lockdown Imminent?

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Boris, agreed. No lockdown for anyone double jabbed and boosted. Indeed not for anyone who has been jabbed to the limit they are able. We will have this for years. If we lock down we will have no NHS as the money will not be available due to economic collapse. Non vaccinated should be offered loans for private medical treatment. No NHS care, treat cancer cases and sort the backlog out.The bulk of the problem is now from unvaccinated idiots.
Selfish, thoughtless idiots at that. I do realise I am becoming a little extreme, but lots of people have bo sense of right and wrong and personal responsibility. Even now you see people positively beaming at not wearing a mask in Tesco. It’s beyond trying to reason with them as they are unreasonable.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Also ABC it’s on Piste as this is the closest many will get this year!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
twoodwar wrote:
@Boris, agreed. No lockdown for anyone double jabbed and boosted. Indeed not for anyone who has been jabbed to the limit they are able. We will have this for years. If we lock down we will have no NHS as the money will not be available due to economic collapse. Non vaccinated should be offered loans for private medical treatment. No NHS care, treat cancer cases and sort the backlog out.The bulk of the problem is now from unvaccinated idiots.
Selfish, thoughtless idiots at that. I do realise I am becoming a little extreme, but lots of people have bo sense of right and wrong and personal responsibility. Even now you see people positively beaming at not wearing a mask in Tesco. It’s beyond trying to reason with them as they are unreasonable.


We have no NHS now
Everyone who can has been redeployed to boosters
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I had a routine screening yesterday at my local hospital. Pretty sure it was NHS Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Charliegolf, good to hear. From national media it sadly appears you were one of the lucky ones.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
twoodwar wrote:
@Charliegolf, good to hear. From national media it sadly appears you were one of the lucky ones.


Litmus test in Feb, when I have a routine cardiac monitoring appt. Might be very different then.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've got an eye problem at the moment. Moorfields just keep rolling on, with regular appointments. Bloody marvellous, they are. And I had my annual cardiac appointment at Guys, just a couple of months delayed. No praise is too high for these people.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DO NOT believe everything you read in the press. Some of us are redeployed to vaccines, some of us are continuing with our normal day to day work, some are redeployed to ITU to cover for staff who have Covid.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Hells Bells,
I agree, I certainly think that one should not believe everything in the press. There are occasions when something is written which I know is absolutely incorrect because of personal experience/knowledge etc so I know a lot of other stuff, which I cannot personally verify is quite likely to be wrong. Travel writers often spout a load of rubbish.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Never been a fan of health insurance but I am beginning to think that people should pay for the health service based on their life choices. I really don’t understand why the state should accept 80% of ITU Covid beds being taken up by non-Vaxers. I would strongly recommend watching Tim Spector of Zoe Apps blog for an alternative view to Ferguson. If you watch Spector’s blog … who has had a good insight throughout the pandemic … one cannot help but think that the present crises has much to do with post Peppa Pig Political expediency
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Charliegolf wrote:
I had a routine screening yesterday at my local hospital. Pretty sure it was NHS Very Happy


Lucky you! I have been waiting months for a scan on my foot Sad
Elunyd Morgan said last week about the redeployment of NHS staff to vaccine centres.
The woman doing my vaccine said I had to wait 15mins, but that was changing from today to Jab & go!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pamski wrote:

I agree, I certainly think that one should not believe everything in the press. There are occasions when something is written which I know is absolutely incorrect because of personal experience/knowledge etc so I know a lot of other stuff, which I cannot personally verify is quite likely to be wrong.


^ This. Almost invariably when something is reported in the popular press concerning something of which I have detailed knowledge there are mistakes in the reporting. Does rather make you wonder about the other stuff that gets reported.... Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Hells Bells, what you say is my point, and is indeed what the media reports are? Resources diverted from ‘normal’ healthcare due to covid, made worse in a large part due to people who will not have the vaccine.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Alastair Pink wrote:
Pamski wrote:

I agree, I certainly think that one should not believe everything in the press. There are occasions when something is written which I know is absolutely incorrect because of personal experience/knowledge etc so I know a lot of other stuff, which I cannot personally verify is quite likely to be wrong.


^ This. Almost invariably when something is reported in the popular press concerning something of which I have detailed knowledge there are mistakes in the reporting. Does rather make you wonder about the other stuff that gets reported.... Madeye-Smiley

We know every story gets twisted a little each time it's retold. Based on my own personal experience quite like that of Pamski, I've come to the conclusion journalists are no better than the average joe in that regard.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We were told that conclusive data on Omicron simply wouldn't manifest itself for 3-4 weeks, but by that time it'd be too late, so we should at least take basic countermeasures in the meantime. But it's impossible for the TV/radio airtime to be filled with just a 'wait and see' message: so we have endless speculation and re-hashing of old issues while we wait to see. Which gets everyone agitated and psyched up. And gives airtime to the zealots on the far margins to make sure they get a hearing in the name of 'balance'. But I guess it's impossible to reverse the march of the 24-hour news cycle.


Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sun 19-12-21 21:43; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@LaForet, indeed. And that's happening on social media too, of course.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@LaForet, agreed, the media do love a good disaster
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JanetS got exemplary, and very prompt cancer care on the NHS at the absolute peak of last January's crisis - so at least some of the NHS has carried on brilliantly.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@LaForet, Nice to see there is still a place for good old 70s revolutionaries on the streets though wink

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-59717571
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
And meanwhile, the odds on new restrictions before Christmas are shortening....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@chocksaway, He won't be shouting as loud if he gets infected and needs an ICU bed, but they are all full of younger unvaccinated protestors.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@pam w, doubt they’ll be before Xmas, to much bad press. 27th like Wales when we’ve seen everyone and had enough in any case.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Echoing a point raised in one of the threads on here recently, the top man at CEBM https://www.cebm.net/ was on the radio this morning pointing out that Ministers being guided in their decision-making by ONLY the worst-case scenario modelling (Neil Ferguson, etc?) will inevitably lead us into an annual Winter lock-down scenario.
He suggested the Govt should give us more info regarding, eg. the number of people in hospital being treated FOR COVID rather than the current rather pointless ‘with in 28 days’ stat; how many are in hospital but have recovered and awaiting discharge, etc
I thought it all sounded very sensible until he said that we could rely on ‘people’ to analyse their own risks and modify their behaviours accordingly….. rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Red Leon wrote:
Echoing a point raised in one of the threads on here recently, the top man at CEBM https://www.cebm.net/ was on the radio this morning pointing out that Ministers being guided in their decision-making by ONLY the worst-case scenario modelling (Neil Ferguson, etc?) will inevitably lead us into an annual Winter lock-down scenario.
He suggested the Govt should give us more info regarding, eg. the number of people in hospital being treated FOR COVID rather than the current rather pointless ‘with in 28 days’ stat; how many are in hospital but have recovered and awaiting discharge, etc
I thought it all sounded very sensible until he said that we could rely on ‘people’ to analyse their own risks and modify their behaviours accordingly….. rolling eyes


that may be based on this
https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/my-twitter-conversation-with-the-chairman-of-the-sage-covid-modelling-committee
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Red Leon, If anything, the general public seem to be rather keen to taking more precautions that are legally required. That's why pubs and restaurants are pretty much empty at the moment.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Has anyone found data about hospital admissions in the UK or England or even better London newer than from the 16th? Thanks.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@snowhound, A cynic would say the scare tactics from UK Gov are doing their job - and without any official lockdown there's no need to pay compensation or furlough
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hells Bells wrote:
We rearranged Christmas for June last year. Had it all arranged and shopped for, and my Dad fell and broke his hip 2 days before.


Due to half my mum's family being carers and usually working Christmas day anyway, we've had Christmas in June for about the last 5 years. It's actually a much better proposal because you can have a BBQ and sit outside instead of huddling inside.

I suspect most of January and probably February is going to be out in teams of ski trips, but I really hope that I'm wrong.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can we scotch this 'taking the worst case scenario' line that we're being fed by the Libertarian press? The government has never taken the worst case scenario countermeasures. What they get presented with is a range of possibilities and a corresponding range of countermeasures and they almost always take a best case to median response. There is no secret cabal of mad scientists allied to crypto-communist infiltrators working tirelessly to enslave us. The CRG Zealots always need an enemy to fight and this Worst Case Scenario and Modeller 'enemy' is their fictional construct to create just that.

Yes, there is a debate to be had about what countermeasures to deploy in the face of uncertain projections. Because the repertoire of countermeasures is actually fairly limited, and the social and financial impact of some of them are serious. But saying that the government is only looking at the worst case scenario isn't true and isn't helpful when the reality is that there is a range of potential responses with subtle pros and cons.


Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Mon 20-12-21 9:59; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

There is no secret cabal of mad scientists allied to crypto-communist infiltrators working tirelessly to enslave us

Oh yes there is..............


Maybe
snow report
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Boris, no more furlough money should be paid. There is something called business risk, and it’s awful, but some business will have to go bust. As there is a well reported huge shortage of decent staff in hospitality, very few will be unemployed for long. Making everyone have a jab or two or three before they can access hospitality, and wear masks till they sit down, and have table service only, will encourage many more people to go and eat and drink. Myself included. Furlough money is my money, and I’d rather it was spent on the care sector not poorly run hospitality businesses as they will be the first to go.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Can we scotch this 'taking the worst case scenario' line that we're being fed by the Libertarian press?

Yes, please lets. Any of us who know health professionals working in London are aware of how dire it is. They are scared. Anybody with the slightest awareness of the competence of Boris Johnson and his motley crew would surely laugh in the face of anybody who suggested that they were capable of a huge conspiracy, roping in a whole team of compliant public health officials.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@SnoodlesMcFlude, for historical family reasons for many years we celebrated Thanksgiving instead. A lot more civilised and a lot less stressful.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Christmas is for Christian’s. Thanksgiving is for Americans. The two groups not being mutually exclusive
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
twoodwar wrote:
@Boris, no more furlough money should be paid. There is something called business risk, and it’s awful, but some business will have to go bust. As there is a well reported huge shortage of decent staff in hospitality, very few will be unemployed for long. Making everyone have a jab or two or three before they can access hospitality, and wear masks till they sit down, and have table service only, will encourage many more people to go and eat and drink. Myself included. Furlough money is my money, and I’d rather it was spent on the care sector not poorly run hospitality businesses as they will be the first to go.


With such a bold opinion regarding 'business risk', it would be good to put some context to it, i.e. which sector do you work in, business owner, income affected by covid etc? I only ask because I do agree with you, even though I am a business owner myself who lost 90% of his income for well over a year through no fault of my own. We cant keep giving out money we don't have...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@LaForet, I am now retired but I can assure the Conspiracy Theorist's out there, that a conspiracy requires 1/Planning, 2/ Understanding and knowledge, 3/ decision making and sticking to plan. Please be assured after 36 years of working in the heart of Gov none of these skills or knowledge are ever displayed by Politicians or the upper echelons of Gov Mandarins or the Military. It is absolute chaos and knee jerk reactions by the day if they survive a week with out crisis they have done well.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@LaForet, Clarification is not to clarify things. It is to put one’s self in the clear (Sir Humphrey Appleby)

Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@psenior1, now retired. Income not affected by covid. It’s just that there are a lot of poor hospitality businesses out there, with too few staff. If we have money, I think the care sector needs it far more.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well Scotland announcing their measures from Boxing Day, Wales already have, sure Boris will come out with something similar next day or two.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
twoodwar wrote:
There is something called business risk, and it’s awful, but some business will have to go bust....

What we are talking about here is not the specific risks that any well run business should have contingency planning for, it is systemic risk. So it isn't the problem of one restaurant failing to achieve it's breakeven turnover through poor planning, it is a risk that every hospitality-based business in the country goes bust at the same time for the same reason.

You could perhaps argue that the loss of so many businesses at once is not a problem, though that isn't the sort of future I would like to live in. But for other sectors you mention, like residential care for the elderly, it would be a huge humanitarian disaster if they all failed at once.
ski holidays



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy