Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another UK Lockdown Imminent?

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Personally I do view smokers in a similar light, I don't think it's quite the same as I've seen plenty try to quit and fail, if they could get a jab to cure their addiction I'd view them exactly the same as the pro-plaguers.

I think obesity is a much more complex issue.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RichardB wrote:
We’re not calling you an anti vaxxer, we’re saying you are pointing out false equivalences!


If you want to be selective about what is an acceptable reason to seek nhs care just keep thinking of these as false equivalence, I’ll do otherwise and we’ll agree to disagree.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Frosty the Snowman, plenty of space for them if we get rid of smokers! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I see that the government are planning for a "two week firebreak" lockdown after Christmas.So it seems they are going for the tried and tested option - too late, too short, and has never worked!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RobinS wrote:
I see that the government are planning for a "two week firebreak" lockdown after Christmas.So it seems they are going for the tried and tested option - too late, too short, and has never worked!


last firebreak was before mass vaccinations.
A firebreak will give breathing room for people to get boosters.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Mr.Egg, Just those people in their 20s who don't actually need boosters! The booster rate in the elderly who actually need them is as high as it is ever going to be as they were offered a booster weeks ago.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Getting my booster on Thursday, I would have got it last week but I did not want potential side effects affecting me at work, which is extremely busy right now!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mr.Egg,
Quote:


last firebreak was before mass vaccinations.
A firebreak will give breathing room for people to get boosters.


So if a firebreak is going to work why delay it?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RichardB wrote:
Getting my booster on Thursday, I would have got it last week but I did not want potential side effects affecting me at work, which is extremely busy right now!


I had bad dizzy spells after the AZ vaccine but the Pfizer booster nothing at all.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowhound wrote:
@Mr.Egg, Just those people in their 20s who don't actually need boosters! The booster rate in the elderly who actually need them is as high as it is ever going to be as they were offered a booster weeks ago.


Agreed
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
RichardB wrote:
Getting my booster on Thursday, I would have got it last week but I did not want potential side effects affecting me at work, which is extremely busy right now!


Surely none of us want the side effects affecting us, we are all busy, why do you get to be selective to suit your work all the while carping and moaning about others not getting vaccinated?

The booster side effects are so minimal a couple of paracetamol would do it and just carry on.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hey, I'm getting the booster shot, so I'm no hypocrite, so carry on.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
RichardB wrote:
Hey, I'm getting the booster shot, so I'm no hypocrite, so carry on.


You very clearly stated you have deliberately delayed getting the booster by a week due to your own selfish work interest. You tell me how that’s not hypocritical given your previous posts? If everyone delays by a week on the same basis that’s bad news so you must be really important to be so deserving of the exception.

People in glass houses and all that!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@jirac18, healthy, young postman delays getting booster for a week so that folks can get their Christmas mail.

Yeh, right selfish b@stard rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There is an argument that says a smoker who works, thus contributing taxes, duty on their fags etc etc. and then dies relatively young, perhaps just at the end of their working life, has actually overcontributed as they will need no pension or continuing medical or social care.

Difficult to separate all these things out and not really comparable with vaccines etc. imho.
latest report
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@jirac18,

I’m a firefighter. Both shots of the Pfizer knocked me for 6. I was out of action for a day or two with both of them.

I’ve chosen to have my booster when I know I’m not at work for a few days so I can recover and protect the already stretched thin emergency services. This is in a couple weeks time.

Does that make me selfish as well? Or I guess I should just “man up” take some paracetamol and get on with it?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
@jirac18, healthy, young postman delays getting booster for a week so that folks can get their Christmas mail.

Yeh, right selfish b@stard rolling eyes


Healthy young postal worker infects old lady who dies because it was more important to deliver her a Christmas card! You see how this goes in the realms of devils argument as soon as we start justifying our own actions as legitimate whilst berating others for not getting the booster. At least have the good sense not to come on a forum and tell everyone you’ve deliberately delayed doing your bit for the cause because it didn’t suit you personally to do so all whilst protesting those who don’t get vaccinations are cretins!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that @Frosty the Snowman and @Fridge03. But I know he is just baiting for a reaction. And yes, I'd rather not be in a condition where I may have to go off sick from work due to after effects.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
@jirac18, how about people who injure themselves when taking part in sports during an NHS crisis?. Perfectly preventable, especially for skiers.


I wondered when the sports injuries would appear... These are all matters of ethics and moral judgement. If we're going with such judgements, just euthanase everyone over 70 who can no longer look after themselves in every way. NHS capacity problem solved. We are a tiny bit more evolved than that though, thankfully (I'm 65!), though we do seem to be regressing in many ways.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fridge03 wrote:
@jirac18,

I’m a firefighter. Both shots of the Pfizer knocked me for 6. I was out of action for a day or two with both of them.

I’ve chosen to have my booster when I know I’m not at work for a few days so I can recover and protect the already stretched thin emergency services. This is in a couple weeks time.

Does that make me selfish as well? Or I guess I should just “man up” take some paracetamol and get on with it?


If you believe in the booster program then yes, get it done and get on with it. Or justify why you haven’t but in the meantime don’t go around condemning others who’ve not taken up the vaccine program and expect to not be branded a hypocrite
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
To be a hypocrite in this situation is to condemn those for not getting the booster, then to not get it at all. No hypocrisy here, so jog on @jirac18.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@jirac18, if you are worried about an asymptomatic postie passing covid via mail though a letterbox, then life can't be easy for you at the moment.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RobinS wrote:
@Mr.Egg,
Quote:


last firebreak was before mass vaccinations.
A firebreak will give breathing room for people to get boosters.


So if a firebreak is going to work why delay it?


Because with Christmas, lots of people are going to ignore it
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The realm of the Devil’s Argument is sometimes stupidly wide, taking reality and distorting it out of all recognition. Then it’s pointless.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jirac18 wrote:
Fridge03 wrote:
@jirac18,

I’m a firefighter. Both shots of the Pfizer knocked me for 6. I was out of action for a day or two with both of them.

I’ve chosen to have my booster when I know I’m not at work for a few days so I can recover and protect the already stretched thin emergency services. This is in a couple weeks time.

Does that make me selfish as well? Or I guess I should just “man up” take some paracetamol and get on with it?


If you believe in the booster program then yes, get it done and get on with it. Or justify why you haven’t but in the meantime don’t go around condemning others who’ve not taken up the vaccine program and expect to not be branded a hypocrite


I am getting the booster. I’m fully vaccinated. I’ve been wearing a mask at work for almost 2 years now.
I’ve been into properties that are CV19 positive. Whole stations having to be shut down, deep cleaned and crew testing on a daily basis. Believe me, I know the importance of the vaccines.
What I also know is, that to be operationally fit we need to be feeling well and thinking clearly. Not dosed up on painkillers to get through a shift.
I know that I react badly to the shots. I am not going into work, feeling like crap when my actions could mean the difference between life and death.
Hence why I’m delaying my booster. Not by long. Only a week or so, till I’m off shifts for a few days so I can recover.


We can’t judge people in my line of work. But for the sake of all the emergency services….just do us all a favour and have a vaccine. It’s just a little prick….. Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowhound wrote:
@Mr.Egg, Just those people in their 20s who don't actually need boosters! The booster rate in the elderly who actually need them is as high as it is ever going to be as they were offered a booster weeks ago.

evidence is that vaccine wanes after 6 months or so.
That is pretty much anyone 40+ & 30+ in the new year.
Not all home nations have done a free for all. You still need to wait to be offered an appointment in Wales for example.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
@jirac18, if you are worried about an asymptomatic postie passing covid via mail though a letterbox, then life can't be easy for you at the moment.


I’m not worried about it personally whatsoever and life’s good for me thanks. Keep justifying your own exceptions to yourselves. It’s hypocrisy simple as that.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Fridge03, I think your decision is very public spirited and spot on. I had no side effects with AZ but after Moderna I couldn't hold a thing with my left arm never mind lug a huge hose. (There's a schoolboy joke in there somewhere!)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is @jirac18 related to Stanton?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mr.Egg wrote:
snowhound wrote:
@Mr.Egg, Just those people in their 20s who don't actually need boosters! The booster rate in the elderly who actually need them is as high as it is ever going to be as they were offered a booster weeks ago.

evidence is that vaccine wanes after 6 months or so.
That is pretty much anyone 40+ & 30+ in the new year.
Not all home nations have done a free for all. You still need to wait to be offered an appointment in Wales for example.


Wifey walked into Margam park 2 days ago Eggy, around 10 am. It was quiet, she's now boosted. They don't shout about it. Mine was done 3 days after I signed up for the reserve list, also not overly shouted about.
snow conditions
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Fridge03, thanks for fighting fires. The real ones AND those ignited by righteous indignation.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Charliegolf wrote:
Mr.Egg wrote:
snowhound wrote:
@Mr.Egg, Just those people in their 20s who don't actually need boosters! The booster rate in the elderly who actually need them is as high as it is ever going to be as they were offered a booster weeks ago.

evidence is that vaccine wanes after 6 months or so.
That is pretty much anyone 40+ & 30+ in the new year.
Not all home nations have done a free for all. You still need to wait to be offered an appointment in Wales for example.


Wifey walked into Margam park 2 days ago Eggy, around 10 am. It was quiet, she's now boosted. They don't shout about it. Mine was done 3 days after I signed up for the reserve list, also not overly shouted about.


got ours via the reserve list, as we noticed the criteria had changed from 6 months to 3, but had to go to Gorseinon! Had the call the day after signing up to it. So I have been spreading the word to friends & family.
Many will just wait for their appointment. England is very much a free for all.

Now just wondering... 3 days after 2 days ago is tomorrow?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Always found snowHeads to be the most friendly and helpful forum I frequent on the internet. The Covid debate seems to be doing it’s best to put a dent in that.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Pippo9, people are simply frustrated that all the efforts made so far seemed to have been for potentially naught when it comes to our plans for this season, 1 season already lost with a potential second one on the line, many are just sick and tired of it.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mr.Egg wrote:


Now just wondering... 3 days after 2 days ago is tomorrow?


I signed up to the reserve list on day 0. Was called on day 2 and jabbed on day 3.

Mrs G walked in unannounced 2 days ago and was jabbed.

Still wondering?

Did you study at Sandfields Comp Very Happy


Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 19-12-21 11:41; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A few should re read their posts and ask themselves, would they say that to their mother?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jonny996 wrote:
A few should re read their posts and ask themselves, would they say that to their mother?


There are some really harsh posters on here, for sure.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jonny996 wrote:
A few should re read their posts and ask themselves, would they say that to their mother?


I would. She's dead Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Charliegolf wrote:
Mr.Egg wrote:


Now just wondering... 3 days after 2 days ago is tomorrow?


I signed up to the reserve list on day 0. Was called on day 2 and jabbed on day 3.

Mrs G walked in unannounced 2 days ago and was jabbed.

Still wondering?

Did you study at Sandfields Comp Very Happy


We signed up on Tuesday, had a call & appointments on Wednesday. Jabbed yesterday.
Is your booster showing up on the app? As I had the usual problem where my details would not go through due to having mixed Jabs - wondering if it will cause a delay on the booster showing!

nope, did not study at Sandfields.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's perfectly valid to slightly delay getting boosted if it's a time of year where taking time off work would cause disruption. Especially when we are talking about disruption to emergency services.

I am young(ish) and both my dose 2 and booster of Pfizer left me bedridden with fatigue and dizziness for a day and a half and had a massively swollen and uncomfortable armpit for a week. Just because some people don't react doesn't mean nobody will and especially if you already know you got side effects from dose 2 it is probably going to happen again.
snow conditions



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy