Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Anglais limités aux frontières : Une catastrophe pour les stations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
just to turn it back to @Weathercam, OP, i was lucky enough to be to change my plans (solo traveller) and get out to france friday evening instead of saturday morning, i arrived in Les Menuires yesterday afternoon.

after accessing the apartment i have booked for the week, i wandered up to buy my lift pass, and pick up some essential supplies, i also bought milk/cheese/ham etc along with the said beer and wine Toofy Grin

there seemed to be only a handful of uk tourists in resort, very few english speakers that i heard, and most of them were outside the pharmacy waiting for tests for teenagers.

popped into the brit run bar in resort that i have frequented several times in the past, normally at that time of day it would be heaving, but it was nearly empty with a couple of french speaking clientele.
it seemed so strange to the young brit waiter to have a uk tourist in there, that he charged me seasonaire rate for my 2nd beer by mistake (5E instead of 8E!!), he realised his mistake but did not change it.

i have not seen any UK registered cars parked in resort as of yet.

i would say that the ski economy is getting hit hard at the moment, short term especially, hopefully it will change soon, it also does not seem crazily busy with french tourists either, i know NY is their preferred week, but i will see how it gets further in the week.

with regards to french bashing, i have always thought that most populations are the same as each other, give each others culture/language the same respect as your own, even if it is a "mangled" bonjour/merci, you will get that back. politicians are naturally exempt from that rule!!!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59712015
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fridge03 wrote:
Hells Bells wrote:
@johnE, I really can't think why I would either, I have never felt unwelcome in France, and I expect to be welcomed back again when we can travel. I'm pretty gutted at not being able to travel on Wednesday, but there was always a risk.

Same.

My father has lived in France for the best part of 10 years and is a resident there (not quite yet a citizen). Certainly outside of Paris (and the major "typical tourist areas"), the French are very welcoming on the whole (much more so than us). Countless times on my travels there I have been assisted by a local going out of their way to help, often without me having to ask. The majority don't really care about our political beliefs, what we did or didn't vote for etc....they value just a bit of decency and small gestures like at least attempting the lingo rather than just pointing and shouting slowly in English.

Us Brits seem to have it in our heads that they talk about us and our little island almost as much as we do about them and Europe. Really not the case. They barely bat an eye at our day to day lives on our damp little rock.

The UK in general is just as welcoming as any other country, there are idiots in every part of the world, mrs is a health visitor and has 17 different nationalities on her case load in a small Wiltshire town, including a couple from Italy who has lived in several uk towns and says the UK is much friendlier than Italy.
The US and the UK are often slammed for being anti foreigner and racist yet in reality we are probably the two countries who have the highest diversity of nationals in the world and for the vast majority of the time we all live happily together
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My boyfriend is a ski instructor 'renfort' for an ESF in La Plagne. The past years he has been able to work during school holidays, which is the idea as a renfort (additional instructor that is not there all season but only in peak weeks). Today he was 15th on the list of instructors that put themselves available and did not have work. It has stayed pretty calm in La Plagne today on the piste. Tonight taking the Colosses chair to Plagne Centre at 16.20 there was no queue at all. At peak times in the past there could have been a + 30 minute wait. Obviously in the ski schools it has rained cancellations following Thursdays announcement.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@JulieAimeLeSki, We skied all around from Montalbert through Bellcote the Arpette and back to Montalbert and did not queue at any lift at all.
Surprisingly heard quite a few English (and a few Welsh) voices so presumably an equal amount of French and other nationalities aren't skiing either
New Year will be telling.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy