Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pre Departure PCR testing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Sarny, great question - I was also just about to ask whether “the clock” starts when the test is taken or the results received! (The latter I hope!)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sarny wrote:
Say you take a PCR 10am Thursday, send it off, get results 10pm Friday night.

Is the 48hrs from 10am Thursday or 10pm Friday? I.e do you have to put test time when you actually take the test?

Time you take the swab
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Sarny, pretty sure it’s the testing time
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's the time you take the test. You log it when you package up the swabs for processing, on an app or website. This time is written on the certificate.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@skiinghamster, it's supposed to be when you take the test, however logistics of doing this and getting the results back in time do not always correlate, therefore have been recommended to register the test online with whichever company you are testing with a couple of hours after designated arrival time to give yourself a bit of leeway.

Eg: If you are flying on Thursday and arrive at 4pm, register test at approx 7pm GMT on Tuesday

Edit: I should add that this then gives you extra time to do the test and get it in the post, not sure how this would with with R£ndox if using a drop box but works with other companies that ask you to register the test with them online, especially if it takes up to 24hrs for them to get the test before it enters the lab

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 28-12-21 20:16; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@beenative, @skiinghamster,

I have been mulling it over, too. Around here (near Eastbourne) the daily cut-off time for Randox dropbox collections seems to be between 2pm and 4:30pm. Arriving into Austria at 5pm on the Saturday, this would mean that I'd have to test on Thursday to be assured of having the result in time, but the very latest I could return it would be around 4pm on Thursday, so that'd already be outside the 48 hours.

So the best option seems to be the Express Test Fit to Fly (https://www.expresstest.co.uk/book-a-test/testing-centres/gatwick-airport-walk-through/), which is a quite reasonable £59. If I take that on Thursday evening after, say, 6pm, it will still be valid upon arrival in Austria and Express Test guarantee a result by Friday evening. Although it involves an extra journey to Gatwick it looks like the best option, as the cheapest same-day PCR tests at Gatwick are £189 it seems...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My tuppence worth :

In Ireland and I assume in the UK, book your tests well in advance, I was trying to book a test in two of the main providers here, for departure Dec 29, no tests available for Dec 27, Dec 28 or 29

I did eventually find a less well known provider , but the email test details took much longer than the advertised 60 mins
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy