Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A mini filmette on yesterday's eventful Ski-Tour

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Breaking my cardinal keep it to one-minute rule, as I had varying amounts of footage, this is slightly longer than usual, at 3:45, but shows Ullr enjoying himself, and that was quite stressful as he disappeared three times following deer tracks, though as you can see he was actually quite useful at breaking trail when following a deer track.

There's also a speedy transition sequence in more ways than one, plus Ullr making a bed Laughing

Plus I had a moment where I thought I'd lost company with part of my pole, I have edited out the brief profanity.

As you'll see I encountered varying snow-pack, and breaking trail was tough at times and coverage was a bit light with many a stump on show which made one ski a little more cautiously.

And to cap it all, this morning we were in the parking for the lifts and opened the van up to see that my skis and poles were not in the back!

So I drove the 30mins into the next Valley, La Clarée, Val-des-Prés / Névache and sure enough they were there in the parking put to one side, though on closer examination I must have driven over the poles!

That was down to getting Ullr in the van which he hates, and quietening him down etc with food and then having a senior moment of forgetting to put the skis in the van rolling eyes

http://youtube.com/v/6xrwsVy-ctA
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Absolutely magnificent. You, the dog, the terrain, weather. Fabulous, many thanks!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Excellent, keep them coming. Tree skiing is probably my favourite activity Very Happy

Losing half a ski pole, or a whole pole is the reason to never use the straps when tree skiing.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
3:45 of your ugly mug and heavy breathing. Love the Pooch Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
^^^^^^+++++1 , put the go pro on Ullr next time please Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Gorgeous video @Weathercam!

Ullr looks in seventh heaven. Jasper loves deer chasing too, but has much shorter legs and fur, so might struggle a bit off piste on ideal conditions. But since I've rarely ever seen those he might be alright in a decent equafleece.

The issue is he's not welcome in the hotels of the prior gnarlibug and sopb (sp) and would not be able come on the outings there.

Plus a holiday is in part a holiday from obligations, and leaving doggy behind, much as I love him, would be rather good.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy