Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Hero Elite LT Ti (2021/22) with R22 or Konect?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Goodday,

I'm looking to get the rossi LT's at 182cm, and now I have the choice between the R22 (raceplate) version and the 'regular' Konect version. I am quite conflicted on this choice, hopefully someone can shed some wisdom.
Some context: have been skiing for 20 years, mostly carve/on piste. 185cm, 95kg's, currently own the Rossie Pursuit 800 177cm from 2015, looking at the LT's for some more high speed/long turn focussed ski's. Also, I weigh a bit more than when I first bought the pursuit's (177cm), also technique improved, hence the jump to 182cm (and I think it fits the LT ski better).

However, I am reading to conflicting reviews regarding the raceplate option. Pro's: less vibration, more stability, higher stance (easier angles/no boot snowbite), Con's: less forgiving, more tiring, very hard to enjoy the ski with the extra stiffness unless you're a pro GS'er.
Especially the con's I am uncertain how much to weigh these, especially as a heavier ski'er.

Currently I'm still thinking that for this type of ski, I think I need to go with the R22 as that's the purpose of the LT racer, but will I regret this during my day of 'skiing behind the wife'...?

Any suggestions?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I will qualify what I say below, by saying I have not skied on those Rossis, with or without a Raceplate.

My understanding, is that the R22 plate makes quite a difference.

If you are a hard charging competent skier - that spends most of their time hard charging, then the R22 makes sense. You also have the weight to help with the extra beefiness.

If you are a 1 week per year recreational skier, where you spend time gently pottering about, then it makes less sense, as the Konect version is a decent ski in its own right.

I had the same decision to make with the Dynastar SZ12 vs SZ14 (Has the raceplate). I decided to go with the SZ12. I am much lighter than you (67kg), been skiing 50 years to a reasonable level - so am considerably older (I think).....So my position is a bit different.

I think you know the variables and are the only person who understands enough to make the right decision for you.....but be careful not to bite off more ski than you can chew. IMV. The R22 plate is more for amateur Racers, Instructors, Seaonairs and heavier hard charging, competent skiers. The Konect is more versatile and user friendly....and better for the 1 week per year holiday skier.

BTW. Welcome to the circus. snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the info! (and welcoming Smile )

I am in my early 30's and have my 'race'-runs on half the weekdays, other days just cruising behind the group/wife. It's hard to decide as I am (I think) in between the '1 week a year-skier' and the actual amateur-racer/instructor. Have been skiing 2 or 3 weeks a year the last decade still taking private classes every other year to improve onpiste technique.

So I find it hard to gage my level vs the required level to benefit from the R22. I do think that the 'sharp edges' of the R22 are softened a bit because of my weight, but that alone is not enough of a justification.

If I think about having only 1 ski for all conditions, the Konect version might be more all-round...

'Whats the worst that could happen? ' (with the R22)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@CCDD2015, Hopefully you will get other insight.

It sounds to me like either version would work.....so it's down to where/how/when it will be used.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
An amateur racer would be using either a FIS ski or the Hero Master. I don't think either plate choice on the Hero Elite LT Ti would be wrong for what you want but I haven't tried the ski.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Alright, so I came across a great deal for the Hero 182cm with Konect that I couldnt refuse, and ordered that one right away. So no r22 raceplate, but eitherway it will be a great ski so I'm not worried.
Thanks for the insights guys!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rjs wrote:
An amateur racer would be using either a FIS ski or the Hero Master. I don't think either plate choice on the Hero Elite LT Ti would be wrong for what you want but I haven't tried the ski.

good point well made!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CCDD2015 wrote:
Alright, so I came across a great deal for the Hero 182cm with Konect that I couldnt refuse, and ordered that one right away. So no r22 raceplate, but eitherway it will be a great ski so I'm not worried.
Thanks for the insights guys!

Let us know what you think after you have tried them.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Will do Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy