Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Post covid infection travel to France

Poster: A snowHead
Evening all, we are meant to be flying into Grenoble in two weeks and are currently 4 days into Covid (myself and three kids all tested positive Weds morning)
We are hoping to be all clear and test negative early next week and be out of isolation but i am worried from reading the entry requirements that we will not be able to attest to the 14 day rule.
Firstly, do you have to test negative at least 14 days prior to entry or will the end of isolation be enough (11 days max)?
And secondly, we have the issue that my wife will have been in contact with all of us.
She has been testing negative all along, is a teacher and believes she had it in Feb even though LFTs were negative (she tests every other day).
If she doesnt become positive after us all having it and living together, but cant prove she had it earlier this year, do we have no way around travelling ie is our only hope that she becomes positive in the next few days?
Our other option is she can move into her parents until we are out of isolation, she is away just now so would be a full 14 days before travelling.
We are both fully vaxxed, and both slightly confused!
Thanks for any help in advance
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
"I haven't got covid".
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
NickYoung wrote:
"I haven't got covid".

My wife fortunately/unfortunately is squeakier than Ned Flanders and would be 100% sure they would be waiting on her at the airport to be transported to a cell that she would need to share with 15 ladies of the night/drug smugglers/people traffickers!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
But she hasn't had it and you say she is fully vaxxed.

What is the issue?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That she needs to sign the declaration sur l'honneur stating that she hasnt been in contact with anyone with covid in the 14 days prior.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It's probably best you all stay at home.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers Nick, enjoy the rest of your weekend
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sounds like your best solution is for the wife to stay at her parents. Mind, in two weeks the Regulations may have changed..

This is part of the statement

"I hereby declare on my honour that I have no knowledge of having been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 during the last fourteen days prior to departure"
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cheers albob, that seems like the only way to meet the guidelines.
Even though there is zero chance of them being able to prove different, it will put the wife's mind at rest rather than her walking through passport control sweating like a mule!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
No-one even asked to see our attestations .
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Beunos, of course if she is one for correct and accurate and details? Is there a legal definition of "contact" as i think that has to involve physical touch?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Came through tunnel Friday, no one asked for our sworn statements, no one has checked vaccine proof any where, very few people are wearing masks in shops.

If you’re all tested negative, just sign the things and go

Last ONS survey had 1 in 20 people infected, if you’re being squeaky clean you couldn’t say you hadn’t been in contact over last week or so
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Same as Boris, came through tunnel yesterday, no one asked to see anything other than our passports and docs for the dog.

Probably 70% people not wearing masks in services or the supermarket.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boris wrote:
Last ONS survey had 1 in 20 people infected, if you’re being squeaky clean you couldn’t say you hadn’t been in contact over last week or so

I think it’s meant to capture close contact not a theoretical risk.

That said, I have never been asked for it either.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Boris, rules for masks in shops were removed last Monday. Public transport, healthcare settings still in place.
snow report
If you have a British passport you are fine to go. Just back from les gets yesterday and nobody asked for anything anywhere other than my actual passport and boarding pass
snow conditions
Beunos wrote:
Cheers albob, that seems like the only way to meet the guidelines.
Even though there is zero chance of them being able to prove different, it will put the wife's mind at rest rather than her walking through passport control sweating like a mule!

Sounds like one or both of you are looking for a week off from one another before the bruising phony war of marital discord on a family skiing holiday Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
snow report
@Beunos, if she can stay with her parents I'd go with that option. Otherwise, she'll struggle to sign that she hasn't been into contact with a confirmed case.
snow conditions
Per others on this thread. I have been to France twice this year (end of January, and last week)

Neither time has anyone come close to asking me for this paperwork.

I had it anyway.

The first time, there was some checking of Pass Vaccinal and a lot of good mask wearing. But the situation has changes (improved) and the last time, there was no mask wearing and no one asked to see the Pass Vaccinal.

I am not as honourable as your wife, on both occasions I had been in contact with covid positive cases (one of my children and then my wife and youngest child) but I tested clear and continued to test clear through and after each trip.

My halo is a big lopsided, but I had two lovely trips.

You just need to make a choice, I don’t think there is any other way round this.
ski holidays
Thanks all, personally i would sign if it was the other way round and i was testing neg throughout but she's a stickler so will let her do what sits best with her.
Will get better sleep for a few nights into the bargain!
latest report
I have been running holidays in France throughout the entire pandemic. To my knowledge, none of my guests have ever been asked for the attestation.

For French people, you are no longer obliged to isolate if you are a contact case. If you have tested positive, you have to isolate for 7 days from first symptoms (or 5 if you test negative). i.e. France is no longer asking its own citizens to meet the terms of the attestation. It is an anachronism that they have forgotten to get rid off.
snow conditions
stevomcd wrote:
I have been running holidays in France throughout the entire pandemic. To my knowledge, none of my guests have ever been asked for the attestation.

For French people, you are no longer obliged to isolate if you are a contact case. If you have tested positive, you have to isolate for 7 days from first symptoms (or 5 if you test negative). i.e. France is no longer asking its own citizens to meet the terms of the attestation. It is an anachronism that they have forgotten to get rid off.

Cheers Stevo
latest report
Daughter just landed at CdG on a business trip and only showed passport - no one interested in all the stuff she has on phone and printed it all out just in case!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy