Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Latest travel rules for Italy?

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Chronomics give instant results as well.

It's just a pity that they don't post out the tests straight away. I won't use them again. Qured for me.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
LadyDi wrote:
Chronomics give instant results as well.

So instant it's obvious there's no human involvement.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You need to allow a few hours for the test certificate to come back.

I use https://www.c19testing.co.uk/ and they have been very good - unlike some others. But even they had to change from "a few mins" to "a few hours" after it became obvious that the test certificate was being generated by an auto responder and nobody could possibly have been looking at the photo of the test kit lying on your passport Smile

These DIY tests are already meaningless anyway. 4 drops of the reagent and no swab produces a (false) negative result. The leaflet in the box tells you this in so many words!!! The whole system relies on 99.9% of people not thinking about it. Even the PCR test, which needs some DNA, can be hacked because a cat would do (not a dog because they carry the virus). On the mainland, people mostly aren't allowed to do DIY tests; they have to go to a clinic. Obviously I would still do a test (one of the free ones) for real before travelling, because you do not want to go anywhere if actually positive (may be hard if you have 6 kids; little chance of all being negative, but if you have 6 kids you won't have any money left to ski anyway Smile ).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

So instant it's obvious there's no human involvement.

There doesn't need to be. They are checking that the result is negative and that the passport number matches the one you've provided. Both of those things, including checking that the passport looks like a passport can be done using pretty basic image analysis.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I used Randox for our family ski trip last week. Interesting that the results took much longer to come through than a test run I did the previous week, suggesting there is at least some human involvement.

It is true that you can game the tests, though it is beyond me why you would want to. The moral issue of spreading Covid when you know you have it aside, why would you want to risk having a sick family on holiday? We are a family of 6 and for sure it was a bit stressful thinking about the odds of one of us testing positive. But it was the right thing to do, and thankfully we all came out negative.

That said the behaviour on the return flight to Edinburgh means we are much less likely to test negative now!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I would never suggest anyone goes on a trip with a positive result. That would be dumb, especially given the Italian practices of jamming up to 100 in a gondola; standing room only, just about. That's the Cervinia-Zermatt link for example.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Requirements to test removed from March 1st for all countries

Starting from March 1st, for arrivals from all foreign countries the same rules that are already in effect for European countries will be in effect.
One of the conditions of the green pass will be sufficient for entering Italy: vaccination certificate, recovery certificate or negative test.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dd4 wrote:

Starting from March 1st, for arrivals from all foreign countries the same rules that are already in effect for European countries will be in effect.
One of the conditions of the green pass will be sufficient for entering Italy: vaccination certificate, recovery certificate or negative test.

Well, not quite!
As with all of EU "rules" this is dependant on member states agreeing to implement the "suggested" simplication and standardisation, so whilst it may happen, its up to the Italian Govt to make it happen, the EU statement does make this clear (or as clear as anything they put out!). Italians may just take a bit longer to change or indeed, decide ( for reasons that might include Public Health) to keep requirement for test for entry in place.

so still planning on doing LFT in 24 hr window pre departure, always nice to have that piece of paper
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dd4 wrote:

Well, not quite!
As with all of EU "rules" this is dependant on member states agreeing to implement the "suggested" simplication and standardisation, so whilst it may happen, its up to the Italian Govt to make it happen, the EU statement does make this clear (or as clear as anything they put out!). Italians may just take a bit longer to change or indeed, decide ( for reasons that might include Public Health) to keep requirement for test for entry in place.

so still planning on doing LFT in 24 hr window pre departure, always nice to have that piece of paper
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowornever wrote:
Dd4 wrote:

Well, not quite!

My quote came from the Italian government. They announced an hour ago.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
https://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2022/02/22/news/covid_via_restrizioni_viaggi_vaccinati_paesi_terzi-338778763/?ref=RHTP-BH-I322793271-P2-S1-T1&fbclid=IwAR3hXPOBV99LMmflLk54bjkEC1ffRMXsX2KR4NBqUnM03Bq0py9d1lrjr9g
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
https://www.facebook.com/388649047874311/posts/7095256143880201/
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Dd4, This is great news, we're going again on March 5th and this is another step back towards normality.

From today.it via Google translate:
"Health Minister Roberto Speranza signed a new ordinance which decrees the stop of quarantine from non-European countries and provides "starting from March 1, for arrivals from all non-European countries the same rules already in force for European countries. entry on the national territory one of the conditions of the green pass will be sufficient: vaccination certificate, recovery certificate or negative test ". Therefore, a swab will no longer be mandatory to enter Italy, except for those who have not been vaccinated or have not recovered from the coronavirus."
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Has anyone seen what the situation is for kids (between 8 and 11) post 1st March?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Good news indeed am happy the Italians have moved so quickly!
snow report
Good news indeed am happy the Italians have moved so quickly!
snow conditions
Just collected 3 randox tests today Mad
Can you return unwanted lfts?
snow conditions
This is such good news, very pleased as were out on the 12th.
snow report
Yes!

Well that was a waste of £85 on tests! but right now just glad they've scrapped
latest report
Good news indeed
I’ve ordered a couple of Randox tests but yet to pick them up so I’m hoping that a refund will be straightforward.
snow report
Until I see it confirmed on the Gov Uk site I'm not sure I will believe this.
snow conditions
Daft question, but do I need to test on the way back to the U.K. (from Turin) on Saturday?

Technical I should test as I’m just over the border in France, but I am 99.99% sure our taxi won’t be stopped by the single manned border post on the way back.

I know the U.K. gov doesn’t require a test, but I’m just wondering if the Italians still require it to board an aircraft?
snow report
@Timmycb5, didn't need a test to board the plane back from the BB earlier in the month.
snow conditions
stevew wrote:

It might not show up there until March 1st
ski holidays
@Timmycb5, Only the unvaccinated need to test to enter the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19
latest report
lottster wrote:
Has anyone seen what the situation is for kids (between 8 and 11) post 1st March?

Kids under 12 do not currently require any vaccination status to enter Italy, or to use ski lifts/restaurants etc. There is no change to that.

From March 1, they will also not require a negative test for entry.

Simple
ski holidays
@Daishan, @Chuckles3, cheers. One less thing to get the kids to do on Friday!
snow report
stevew wrote:
I sympathize , but since the guy who posted on Facebook is the Minister of Health, I'm inclined to feel optimistic that this really is true.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We fly out on Sunday do still need to do a test-damn!
snow conditions
Hurtle wrote:
stevew wrote:
I sympathize , but since the guy who posted on Facebook is the Minister of Health, I'm inclined to feel optimistic that this really is true.

Tend not to click on Facebook links Very Happy
latest report
Just need the ridiculous super green to be dropped now...
snow report
https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/italy-to-relax-entry-restrictions-for-third-country-travellers-from-march-1/
snow report
@Dd4, thats for entry, still need super green pass to access ski lifts, bars etc.
ski holidays
norris wrote:
@Dd4, thats for entry, still need super green pass to access ski lifts, bars etc.

Yes, sorry I was posting it as some were doubting the announcement that’s all
snow report
I beige any goods bought online can be returned unused for a full refund under uk law. Cronomics have agreed to refund me immediately
snow conditions
zikomo wrote:
lottster wrote:

Kids under 12 do not currently require any vaccination status to enter Italy, or to use ski lifts/restaurants etc. There is no change to that.

From March 1, they will also not require a negative test for entry.

Simple

Not sure that’s right, i read an article on planet ski yesterday which said un vaccinated 6-17 yr olds would need a negative PCR to enter rolling eyes
snow conditions
Has there been anything official eg on a government website, on the 1 March change, other than the Italian Health Minister's Facebook post?
latest report
@Hurtle, Not that I have seen.
This site : https://infocovid.viaggiaresicuri.it/returningtoitaly.html : just says "..The provisions described above are in force until February 28, 2022..."

=====edit=====

And to correct myself :: https://www.esteri.it/en/ministero/normativaonline/focus-cittadini-italiani-in-rientro-dall-estero-e-cittadini-stranieri-in-italia/ ::

Under NEWS is this
".With the following Ordinance of the Minister of Health, as of 1 March 2022 (up to 31 March 2022), the measures laid down in the in the ordinances issued by the Ministry of Health on 28 September 2021, 22 October 2021, 14 December 2021 and 27 January 2022 no longer apply.

In particular, the Country lists are eliminated and the rules regulating entry into the national territory are now standardized. Entry into Italy shall be authorized upon the submission of:

– the Passenger Locator Form (PLF) in digital of paper format;
– the Covid-19 Vaccine Passport (vaccination certificate, recovery certificate or negative molecular or antigen test) or any other equivalent vaccination certificate recognized........."
snow report
@albob, great news. Thank you for doing the legwork I could have done. Embarassed
snow conditions
@Hurtle, snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy