Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Latest travel rules for Italy?

Poster: A snowHead
From thelocal.it

Travel from outside the EU

According to the Italian foreign ministry’s Viaggiare Sicuri (Travel Safe) website, the rules for all other countries are to be extended for an additional six weeks until March 15th, 2022.

The website makes reference to the same January 27th ordinance that announced the changes to intra-EU travel restrictions.

This document stated that rules on travel to and from “foreign countries or territories continue to apply, until the date of March 15th 2022, with the remaining measures set out in the ordinance of the Minister of Health of October 22nd, 2021 and the order of the Minister of Health of December 14th, 2021”.

That means that for all countries on Italy’s ‘List D’, it remains the case from February 1st that tourism to Italy is permitted without a self-isolation requirement, provided the traveller produces both a vaccination certificate and a negative test result.

This can be a PCR test taken within 72 hours of arrival or a rapid test taken within 24 hours of arrival in Italy.

The exception is the UK: if coming from here, passengers must take a PCR test within 48 hours or a rapid test within 24 hours of arrival.

As i understand it, you dont need to test yourself if come from another EU-country even if your dont live there.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
agw wrote:

As that website requires a subscription could you please quote what it says about travellers (not being EU citizens) entering Italy from another Schengen country?

The article I linked to doesn’t mention that scenario, but this website should help answer your question…

https://infocovid.viaggiaresicuri.it/returningtoitaly.html
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://www.viaggiaresicuri.it/approfondimenti-insights/saluteinviaggio - List D has the info and special mention for UK travelers at 48 hours for PCR and 24 hours for LFT from arrival time.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, so as before, if you’ve been in the UK in the 14 days before arrival in Italy you’ll need negative test.

Sigh, no logic to that and a PITA but at least we can go skiing.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thankyou x
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
This chat is now 21 pages long. Can anyone provide the latest requirements for adults, kids over 12 and kids under 12 travelling to Italy on 19 Feb? Vaccination proof, testing requirements, locator forms etc.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mike_H wrote:
This chat is now 21 pages long. Can anyone provide the latest requirements for adults, kids over 12 and kids under 12 travelling to Italy on 19 Feb? Vaccination proof, testing requirements, locator forms etc.

All need test lft 24hr before entry.

To ski or do most things you need super green pass. This means

+12 need to be fully vaccinated or recently recoved with QR code provided from NHS
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Any passenger locator forms for entry to Italy?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Euro plf i believe
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
With regards to the kids under 12 bit, we have an 11 year old who will be 12 shortly after we get back and she is tall so could pass for 12. So I emailed the tourist office regarding what was acceptable 'proof' that she was indeed only 11 as I didn't fancy letting her ski with her original passport in her pocket all day. They replied that a photocopy of passport would be acceptable - Dolomiti Superski area.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Mike_H, It is easy to find the information you need. For Entry requirements:

https://www.salute.gov.it/portale/nuovocoronavirus/dettaglioContenutiNuovoCoronavirus.jsp?lingua=english&id=5412&area=nuovoCoronavirus&menu=vuoto

But here is a breakdown:
1. For all travellers entering Italy who are 6 years old or older. Proof of a negative PCR within 48 hours or LFD within 24 hours of ARRIVAL time (not when your plane departs) is required. As with anywhere else, NHS LFD tests cannot be used, you need a commercial supplier that will provide a certificate with QR code.
- Children less than 6 are exempt from the requirement to test before entry
2. Proof of vaccination or recovery is required for entry. Vaccination cycle must have been completed with the last vaccination less than 6 months ago. Proof of recovery must be proof of a positive test in the last 6 months. You will need a QR code compatible with the EU Covid scheme, which the certificate from the NHS website or QR code on the NHS Covid Status app are.
- Minors inherit the vaccination status of their parents for entry to Italy. I.e. if parent is vaccinated then unvaccinated children (under eighteen§) can enter
3. You have to full out a Passenger Locator Form for each adult. Children can be added to the form of their parents.
https://app.euplf.eu/#/form
4.To eat indoors, bars, and transport (this includes gondolas, cable cars, funiculars and chairlifts) you will need to "Super Green Pass". This is essentially proof that you have completed a vaccination cycle or recovered from Covid in the last 6 months. Testing regularly will not qualify, must be vaccine or recovery. The NHS app (or certificate downloaded from NHS website) generates a QR code for proof of vaccination or proof of positive test, this is valid for the purposes of "Super Green Pass" and is recognised by the Italian verification system. You are also required to provide proof of identity alongside your proof of vaccination/recovery
- Children under 12 are exempt from the Super Green pass and can access all facilities regardless of vaccination status.
5. From 11 Feb you will not need to take a test before or after you travel back to the UK if you are fully vaccinated. You will need to fill out a Passenger Locator Form in the 48 hours before you return to the UK.

That covers most of it. And the information is easy to get from airlines (EasyJet for example have quite a good "Covid Hub", Uk Government (google travel to Italy), or here (read the thread).

In short to ski in Italy you must be fully vaccinated in the last 6 months or have proof of recovery from Covid in the last 6 months, children under 12 do not need this. You will need proof of a negative PCR within 48 hours or a negative LFD within 24 hours of arrival, children under 6 do not need this. And you must submit a PLF before you travel.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We will be flying back to the UK from Turin airport having stayed in France for a week. I think this means that before leaving France to return home (in a hire car to drop off at Turin airport) we have to complete a PLF and carry out an antigen/ PCR test to enter Italy - even though we are just driving through?

I wonder whether the PLF even allows for this scenario (I thought there was one PLF for all of the EU)???
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mike_H wrote:
Any passenger locator forms for entry to Italy?

I posted quite comprehensive information on that you need to travel to Italy. Including answering this question.

I have also pointed out how easy it is to get this information from either the UK or Italian government websites and other sources.

If you have some specific and complex, question that is not covered by my post, or other posts here, or this website I would be happy to help. Otherwise it is a bit of a scatter gun approach you are taking.

https://www.salute.gov.it/portale/nuovocoronavirus/dettaglioContenutiNuovoCoronavirus.jsp?lingua=italiano&id=5412&area=nuovoCoronavirus&menu=vuoto&tab=4
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for the info Zikomo Smile

In my initial post I asked for advice on "Vaccination proof, testing requirements, locator forms etc." with the hope of getting all the info.

The 'scatter gun' replies were due to not receiving all the info. There are 21 pages and around 200 posts to wade through. Other threads (e.g. France) have the first post updated frequently.

Anyway, have a great weekend. I'll bug off now! Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Spent this week in Madonna di Campiglio.

Mandatory mask wearing on gondolas is enforced, on chairlifts hit and miss though most people make some kind of effort. Masks under scarf/snood seem to be fine. Gondolas running at reduced capacity.

Almost every bar & restaurant in the town wants to scan your QR code (even when eating outside) none on the mountain asked all week. All inside spaces insist on mask wearing until you sit down or buy a drink.

I got a telling off from a police officer for not wearing a mask whilst walking in a group through the central piazza. But you can sit in a large group to eat and drink.

Everyone is wearing FFP2 masks. I found that I could attach mine to my helmet using the press studs which hold on the ear covers.

Edit
Forgot to say you need to validate your ski pass against NHS QR code. Takes 1 minute online each morning via the ski.it website or 20 seconds at a ticket machine. There was often a queue at the machines so best do it online and use a screenshot of the NHS pass as it seems to prefer this than scanning with the camera.
snow conditions
agw wrote:
Yes, so as before, if you’ve been in the UK in the 14 days before arrival in Italy you’ll need negative test.

Do you have a reference for this as I cannot find it.

Post edit:
I can only see that on a pdf dated june 2021. I cannot see any mention of it on current instructions (Feb 2022).
ski holidays
On a different track for a wee change. Can anyone confirm if you need an International Drivers License to hire a car in Italy?
My voucher says yes but gov websites and Alamo guidance suggests no.
ski holidays
Your standard UK license will be fine.
snow report
Hi all.

Quick question re plfs - going to Corvara next Sunday. We’ll be flying to Innsbruck from London then getting a taxi from there. I presume 2 plfs are required? Thanks!
snow report
One for each person for Italy.
EU PLF not required for Austria.
Be careful of the timing of your PCR or LFT test.
ski holidays
Thank you!
Planning on doing our LFTs on Saturday early evening. Our flight is at 6:25am on Sunday.
latest report
Sounds right for crossing the Brenner pass at lunchtime.

We’re going to Badia in March which be our sixth holiday in the Dolomites in the last ten years so, as you can imagine, we’re quite looking forward to it. snowHead
ski holidays
It’ll be our first time - I’m giddy with excitement. We had been planning on going to Morzine but prices of flights to Geneva last week were ridiculous so had to change plans.

Need to sort out transfers from Innsbruck now…
ski holidays
You’ll love it, a different experience to France.
snow report
We just used Vivo for our fit to fly test. Flying out to Italy tomorrow. They said most results within 15mins, but please allow up to 12hrs.
The 12hr caveat was enough to make us do ours this evening. Results back, by email and text, in less than 15mins.
Fifteen or sixteen quid a pop
snow report
Tests have been ordered from Randox. Had to cancel the Chronomics order I put through a couple of days ago as I noticed purely by chance that they wouldn’t be despatching till next week Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
Italian car hire is some of the most stressful in the world, make sure you have two credit cards with you, if you’re hiring anything half decent. And if you ordered winter tires there is a very high chance you won’t get them but chains instead.

scottishandy wrote:
On a different track for a wee change. Can anyone confirm if you need an International Drivers License to hire a car in Italy?
snow conditions
Regarding LFTs. You can order a Randox test online to collect from a local newsagent etc. Remember to bring ID.

Test as normal and scan in the app. Result in the app right away and confirmation email in <3hours.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@GlasgowCyclops, Thanks. Think we’ll get a taxi. Hubs doesn’t fancy the drive
ski holidays
@GlasgowCyclops,

Does the instant randox app result give you the qr code the French will ask for or do you need to wait for the email ?
ski holidays
HugoC wrote:
Italian car hire is some of the most stressful in the world, make sure you have two credit cards with you, if you’re hiring anything half decent. And if you ordered winter tires there is a very high chance you won’t get them but chains instead.

scottishandy wrote:

I have never had much stress hiring cars in Italy, where/when and what have you found different in Italy vs. elsewhere? All my hires have been in the summer, and I am aware that winter tyres are pretty rare for Italian hire cars so expect to have chains instead. But really interested in your experiences, has it been consistent? How many times have you had problems? And hiring from where? Which provider?

Hiring a van from Avis Malpensa next Saturday.
snow report
MHskier wrote:
@GlasgowCyclops,

Does the instant randox app result give you the qr code the French will ask for or do you need to wait for the email ?

You get the test results in the app pretty much straight away, the certificate has the required qr code and you can download it to your phone as a pdf (and print if you want).
snow conditions
zikomo wrote:
HugoC wrote:

scottishandy wrote:

I have never had much stress hiring cars in Italy, where/when and what have you found different in Italy vs. elsewhere? All my hires have been in the summer, and I am aware that winter tyres are pretty rare for Italian hire cars so expect to have chains instead. But really interested in your experiences, has it been consistent? How many times have you had problems? And hiring from where? Which provider?

Hiring a van from Avis Malpensa next Saturday.

Same here never any problems, always hired with locauto, they are agent for Alamo and Enterprise. This year there prices are crazy for cars with guaranteed winter tyres so this year I've booked sixt.
latest report
@dklemm, Could not find anywhere that would do winter tyres for a 9 seater van, so will just have to live with it. And need the big van as there are 6 of us with own kit.

99 times out of a hundred it will be ok on summer tyres. At least as going to Champoluc so a good road most of the way.

Interested in what @HugoC, comes back with by way of example. Always better to be prepared for the worst.
snow report
kezzy19661 wrote:
agw wrote:

Do you have a reference for this as I cannot find it.

Post edit:
I can only see that on a pdf dated june 2021. I cannot see any mention of it on current instructions (Feb 2022).

This information is quite easy to find. I put "Italy entry covid" into google. The first link is UK Government which gives the correct information for travel to Italy. The second link is for the Italian Government"

https://www.salute.gov.it/portale/nuovocoronavirus/dettaglioContenutiNuovoCoronavirus.jsp?lingua=italiano&id=5412&area=nuovoCoronavirus&menu=vuoto&tab=4

It is very clear, if you have been in the UK in the last 14 days you need proof of a negative PCR within 48 hours of arriving in Italy, or LFD within 24 hours. I doubt very much if this will be checked when you cross the border.

No idea why you could not find this. And if using Randox will be no problem to do a test on the go as the result comes back to you app very quickly.
snow conditions
zikomo wrote:
MHskier wrote:
@GlasgowCyclops,

You get the test results in the app pretty much straight away, the certificate has the required qr code and you can download it to your phone as a pdf (and print if you want).

I’ve just noticed that the Randox app requires iPhone 8 or later Puzzled
My iPhone 7plus is still getting iOS updates so that’s a bit puzzling
Anyway Mrs agw has an android phone so we can use that.
latest report
Cancel that - apparently iPhone 7 is now ok.
Think we’ll get our details registered on the app in good time…
ski holidays
Zikimo
Many thanks for posting that link and info. Me and the missus are disagreeing about the detail on our 14 year old son, who got covid 7 months ago and was vaccinated 2 weeks ago ( singular)
She said he can't get a green pass as he's only got a single vaccine, whereas continentals require 2 for kids. I don't think that is the case, but can't find that level of info.
Also not clear how to get his vaccine proof if under 16s can't do it on the App

I'll keep looking, but if you know in the meantime then perhaps you could point me in the direction.
ski holidays
TheGeneralist wrote:
Zikimo
Many thanks for posting that link and info. Me and the missus are disagreeing about the detail on our 14 year old son, who got covid 7 months ago and was vaccinated 2 weeks ago ( singular)
She said he can't get a green pass as he's only got a single vaccine, whereas continentals require 2 for kids. I don't think that is the case, but can't find that level of info.
Also not clear how to get his vaccine proof if under 16s can't do it on the App

I'll keep looking, but if you know in the meantime then perhaps you could point me in the direction.

Are you going to Italy? If so refer to my comprehensive post above.
latest report
@TheGeneralist,
I’m in England and both kids now have app 14 and 16 and showing vacc x2 Status. I also applied for nhs letter that has code. They only allowed this from wed this week so your info may be old in that front.

Not sure if app where child is 1 vacc plus recovery gives a valid we code that will get you the green plus status you need to ski in Italy or not though if that’s your situation.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy