Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Latest travel rules for Italy?

Poster: A snowHead
I wondered if people were managing to get thru Innsbruck OK with the "I'm going to Italy, so I've taken an LFT" route? Any problems at checkin. I see that someone had trouble at Manchester checking it, but is it generally OK - we're planning to fly BA from Heathrow and would rather not spend £160 on PCR when we can do a Chronomics home LFT for £32.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
I wondered if people were managing to get thru Innsbruck OK with the "I'm going to Italy, so I've taken an LFT" route? Any problems at checkin. I see that someone had trouble at Manchester checking it, but is it generally OK - we're planning to fly BA from Heathrow and would rather not spend £160 on PCR when we can do a Chronomics home LFT for £32.

I don't know if this helps, depending on when you'll be travelling, but it seems that the extra restrictions for virus variant countries (including the UK) in Austria will be removed from Monday, meaning that there should no longer be any potential issues with transfering via Austria when going to Italy.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 20-01-22 14:43; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Does anyone on the ground know if there is any sign of Italy relaxing entry requirements in the next few weeks?

Trying to decide when to buy lateral flow tests for a trip in March

TIA
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
afcbtim wrote:
Does anyone on the ground know if there is any sign of Italy relaxing entry requirements in the next few weeks?

TIA

March is a long time away, they are so each to buy I would wait until 1 week before.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Seems unlikely. I read they've recently put Aosta up into amber due to ICU bed capacity concerns. Hopefully that status, or the colour scheme will come down rather than go to red (no skiing) soon as peak infections seems to be a week ago now for that region and continue to drop. Seems a big leap to not ask for LFT for at least the next few weeks. Who knows for march though.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
afcbtim wrote:

TIA

No need to buy them yet. I have been buying them max 1 week before my trips.

Switzerland just removed testing requirements this weekend (from Saturday 22nd) with a few days notice. I won't be surprised if other countries do in the coming weeks too.

Europe has been increasingly moving towards dark green on this map the past few weeks:

https://apply.joinsherpa.com/map?affiliateid=ba
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
afcbtim wrote:

TIA

Italy carry out reviews at designated times every few weeks, the last review was a couple of days ago and there was no sign of general easing of testing restrictions for travellers so you'll need to wait a few weeks for the next update.

I'd be happy if they just changed the lateral flow limit from from 24 hrs to 48 hrs before arrival but I agree with the others, only book tests a week before you go.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@the shepard - Oh yes, that does make a big difference for us - and just in time as we're going in 10 days. I've just seen this on today's update to the rules on the Austrian website https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations - change comes into effect on 24th Jan Happy. Right, off to order some LFTs now.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
petes wrote:

No issue last weekend via Edinburgh
PLF and confirmation of accommodation were checked by Jet2
No issue at Innsbruck though jab and lft results were inspected
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
There has been mention on other threads about having to fill in a paper health declaration/form on the plane for Italy alongside the digital plf. Seems to be something ba are keen on.

So, could anyone who has flown to Italy recently clarify

1 - What does the paper form ask?
2 - What are you supposed to do with the completed form?

Having tried to find the answer online, the only health declaration I can find isn't needed from the uk. I'm baffled but as travelling with kids would like to try and be as prepared as possible.

Thank you.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hey I live in Northern italy and flew back in about 2 weeks ago. The form we had to fill in is the EU declaration form which has all your passenger locator info on it asks about vaccination/recovery status, where you've been and where you will be quarantining if required. It also has a QR code to validate it
I got away with a pdf on my phone and didnt print it.

Frankly nobody checked it when I landed at Bergamo, nobody looked at my test result either. My wife had the same experience 2 days ago when she flew into Milan.

I live on the Italian /Swiss border and cross it at least 3 times a week, I've never once been stopped by either side.

One thing to give you a heads up on though is that Italy in recent days is getting more severe not less. You now need a 'Super Green Pass' to do almost anything. Bars, restaurants, skiing, hotels etc etc. Recent jabs or recoveries only, tests are no longer good enough even though it's totally moronic as you can be walking around with covid even if you got vaccinated a while back which is less likely than if you had a PCR yesterday.

Small hotels and bars will often turn a blind eye but bigger places, chains... even McDonalds won't give you any flex.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
go online and look for the "EU Digital Passenger Locator Form (dPLF)"
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bastathecat wrote:
There has been mention on other threads about having to fill in a paper health declaration/form on the plane for Italy alongside the digital plf. Seems to be something ba are keen on.

Having tried to find the answer online, the only health declaration I can find isn't needed from the uk. I'm baffled but as travelling with kids would like to try and be as prepared as possible.

Thank you.

This is the form : but it seems to be a BA thing : nobody else is asking for it

https://www.esteri.it/mae/resource/doc/2021/03/modulo_rientro_sintetico_05_marzo_2021_eng_compilabile.pdf

The whole thing is being discussed in this thread

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=154979&start=1240
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
albob wrote:
bastathecat wrote:

Thank you.

This is the form : but it seems to be a BA thing : nobody else is asking for it

https://www.esteri.it/mae/resource/doc/2021/03/modulo_rientro_sintetico_05_marzo_2021_eng_compilabile.pdf

The whole thing is being discussed in this thread

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=154979&start=1240

I think that’s the one @Alastairpink said he was required to upload to BA website for check-in BUT someone else (@Glasgowcyclops?) mentioned that there was also a PLF style paper form to be completed ON the plane. If you have your ePLF with you, I guess it’ll have all the details you need for the one on the plane.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
[quote="Red Leon"]
albob wrote:

<CUT>

I think that’s the one @Alastairpink said he was required to upload to BA website for check-in BUT someone else (@Glasgowcyclops?) mentioned that there was also a PLF style paper form to be completed ON the plane. If you have your ePLF with you, I guess it’ll have all the details you need for the one on the plane.

@ Red Leon -- Posted elsewhere by GlasgowCyclops
"there is a form they don't tell you about that you need to fill out and sign on the plane. I wouldn't be surprised if it is a BA indemnity if the Italians Dona spot check and you are +ve.

It requires.
Name, passport details.
Place you are staying so check the Alleghe details
Home address"
snow report
Just in case any of this is a help to others:

A quick update on the issues I highlighted yesterday (on the WUW thread) trying to order a Randox LFT

The issue was that (I thought) the Randox website wasn't picking up the address of the 'collection point' (a local-ish Petrol station) when I selected it on the map - this meant I couldn't complete my order. I was on my iPad at the time but had a go on the laptop this morning and it initially looked exactly the same - till I noticed that the details of the chosen 'collection point' ARE pre-populated on the page but they are so faint as to be barely visible, even on the laptop rolling eyes
Anyway, I placed an order, received my email with barcode and set off for the collection point.
When I got there, the woman behind the desk hadn't a clue - first, she looked for a parcel and declared, "It's not here"; then she said she needed a document which I don't have then she asked her colleague for assistance and, after scanning my barcode and several others on and around the till, she handed me a box - this one

Can anyone confirm this is what they also got, please? With all the confusion, I'm just not convinced and I can't afford to wait till Friday afternoon to find out it's the wrong thing Shocked
snow conditions
That looks like the Randox flowfex packet I clicked & collected from a local petrol station 3 weeks ago, preparatory to flying from UK to Italy.
The resulting Randox certificate was inspected and accepted by TUI checkin staff and by the white coated italian checkers just after passport control on arrival at Turin.
The hassle was trying to get the randox certifly app to work on my (samsung android) tablet. The app seemed to assume that the code in the individual test package related to a PCR when of course it was lateral flow. We got round this eventually by using my phone (rather than tablet) for the app. You have to use it to scan the test cartridge showing negative result.
ski holidays
peerless ploughman wrote:
That looks like the Randox flowfex packet I clicked & collected from a local petrol station 3 weeks ago.

Thankyou so much. That’s one new source of stress I can tick off my extensive list of similar stressors Shocked
snow report
I have just tried to load the VerificaC19 App. It has loaded onto my wife's Samsung Galaxy. But won't install on my, admittedly old, Samsung Galaxy S 5. Is there another app I can use? An EU green card or something. Or do I have to get something printed off and keep showing that?
ski holidays
You don't need verficaC19 it's just useful to confirm that your qr code works. All you need is an electronic or paper copy of your relevant qr code
snow report
You don’t need the Verifac app, it’s used by hotels etc to check your QR code.

make sure you have access to NHS QRcode in whatever medium works for you. NHS app, screenshot, paper, laminated, stickers on helmets, other app, temporary tattoo etc Very Happy

Then use Verifac to check your QRcode registers ok, it’s just a safety check and confidence builder.
snow report
Thanks for the advice. One less thing to worry about. We had better have a good time after all the bother booking tests and filling in forms!
latest report
Hope it all works out OK for all the snowHeads going on the pre-BB & Bash itself. snowHead

I'm following the threads with interest as you're doing a dummy run for me going out at HT! wink
snow conditions
Quote:

a dummy run for me

I’m sure that’s what the bureaucrats who designed the travel regs had in mind too Laughing
ski holidays
Can't believe we're finally on our way to Madonna to finish our rudely interrupted March 2020 trip!
Flying with Tui from MAN, we were very early for check in so near the front of what was looking like a long queue. Had everything printed so check in only took a couple of minutes. Would have been a nightmare trying to find LFT cert, passenger locator form, vaccine record and e-ticket on our phones at the desk.

So far the Manchester Airport experience has been ok, even the security staff were polite.

Another recommendation for C19 testing. Certificate back in 2 hours yesterday afternoon.
snow report
Red Leon wrote:
albob wrote:

<CUT>

@ Red Leon -- Posted elsewhere by GlasgowCyclops
"there is a form they don't tell you about that you need to fill out and sign on the plane. I wouldn't be surprised if it is a BA indemnity if the Italians Dona spot check and you are +ve.

It requires.
Name, passport details.
Place you are staying so check the Alleghe details
Home address"

As I posted on the preBBWUW thread, the actual form BA ask you to fill out on the aircraft is a bit different from the one you can see on the internet. I took a photo of the blank form, here's what it looks like:

The "released by" bit means who issued the passport, and the "on" is asking for the date of issue of the passport (at least that's what I took it to mean Toofy Grin ). Remember to bring a pen with you, the BA crew don't give out any! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Did they explain the purpose of that paper form?
latest report
agw wrote:
Did they explain the purpose of that paper form?

Nope, they just handed them out, said we had to fill them in then the cabin crew collected them. Interesting that the UK Government website for the rules for entering Italy makes no mention of that, I'm not sure if other airlines flying into Italy are doing the same, maybe it's just a BA thing? Puzzled
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Heathrow to Turin today with BA: no checks of Covid documents at any point at Heathrow, no form to fill in on the plane or anything.

Waved printed PLF, vaccine cert, and antigen test cert from C19testing through the passport control window at Turin, none of them were scanned. Bit weird really!
ski holidays
Tui check-in at Manchester appeared to check everything pretty.carefully this morning. Had a good look at the LFT certificates.
The only thing checked at Verona were our passports, although the customs officer's German Shepherd seemed quite interested in our ski bag. He could probably smell the bl0*Dy squirrels we had living in our loft last year.
ski holidays
At TRN LAST Sunday, we were greeted by a whole load of people who went through our paperwork, just before the baggage hall and “beeped” the QR codes on our arrivals paperwork. I wonder where BA got those forms from? Probably just to cover themselves, in case anyone had slipped through at check-in, maybe. Top tip for travel anywhere is always carry a pen…..
snow conditions
I just returned from Austria today and my wife has tested positive. I'm due to fly out to Cervinia next Sunday, will me being a close contact of a "positive", hinder me in going?
snow report
Fully vacced, you do not have to isolate (uk rules) -- Not sure how it would affect entering Italy tho'

My worry would be -- will this deactivate your NHS Covid pass QR code
latest report
I will have a look at the Italy locator form and see if there are any questions on contact with a positive case.
latest report
@JimboS There is a lot of info on the ministero della salute website regarding Italian rules and self isolation/close contact. Depends on circumstances and when you had your vaccine and whether you have had a booster. The English link doesn't work but if you go to the Italian language bit and add Google translate or similar it works.

If you are flying ba they seem to make you fill out a form (example helpfully posted a few posts up) saying you have not had a close covid contact in the last 14 days. Not sure what happens if you answer 'yes' as the ba form bears no relevance to the current Italian rules.
snow report
JimboS wrote:
I just returned from Austria today and my wife has tested positive. I'm due to fly out to Cervinia next Sunday, will me being a close contact of a "positive", hinder me in going?

Not unless you test positive too, you need a LFT to fly to Italy atm.
latest report
JimboS wrote:
I will have a look at the Italy locator form and see if there are any questions on contact with a positive case.

Form PDF is here : Scroll down to "For further information please refer to:.." then click on FORM (my read is that you are in the clear on the contact front..)

https://www.salute.gov.it/portale/nuovocoronavirus/dettaglioContenutiNuovoCoronavirus.js?lingua=english&id=5412&area=nuovoCoronavirus&menu=vuoto
ski holidays
Travelling to Turin from Heathrow, uploaded documents to BA website but checked in at Heathrow - only negative LFT QR asked for at check in. No extra forms asked for on the flight. Masks manadatory, mostly but not all FFP2 on board, even though it's apparently law for flights arriving in Itlay. Pretty straightforward.

At Turin we went through the EU passport automatic gates and nothing asked for at all - not Super Green Pass, not PLF, not negative LFT QR code.

Forget trying to eat in Italy without the super green pass as everywhere we've been its the first question when entering and then scanned. For skiing, there are requests on signs and automatic readers to scan vaccination certs for enclosed lifts but only saw this happening a couple of times.
ski holidays
@ptex, Thanks for the Info..
ski holidays
Not long back from a trip to Val Gardena. All went well with travel. No Italian PLF checks and getting home was a doddle. We used Chromonics and had a result back within one minute of uploading.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy