Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Latest travel rules for Italy?

Poster: A snowHead
@albob, sorry, went out. Yes they were Randox. Most of the click and collect in my area were Post offices.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Randox are quite random and quite disorganised.

I've been using https://www.c19testing.co.uk/ for all my travels in 2021, and now.

Some funny stuff going on. Someone got into an empty gondola and got yelled at. I am sure if he had a buff over his face, nobody would have said anything.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 15-01-22 15:20; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fistral wrote:
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
The Randox app is called Randox CertiFly not Randox Health.

Agreed!

Search on playstore only brings up Randox health App.. I got it via the website, just downloaded the android version.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
brianatab wrote:
Fistral wrote:
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
The Randox app is called Randox CertiFly not Randox Health.

Agreed!

Search on playstore only brings up Randox health App.. I got it via the website, just downloaded the android version.

Also agreed, Download here https://covid.randox.com/certifly-app-download/
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another question, I'm full of them.

If I was to test positive today, I haven't, (Touch wood), when would I be allowed to fly?
I presume after 5 days and 2 negative LTF, then if I can pass the Travel LTF that would be ok?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Fistral, -ve is -ve.....!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just arrived in Campitello di Fassa this afternoon. Travelled with Crystal from Birmingham to Verona, should have been a 6:30 flight but we did not push back until 7:05. Check in was not good, very crowded with 3 flights due out within ½ an hour. Many of the self check in machines were either not working or playing up. Covid jab status and fit to fly LFT certification checked while in the queue. Landed at Verona about ½ an hour late but we were kept on the aircraft for another 35 minutes as the arrivals area was overloaded. Quite a queue for the passport check which did move quite well, passport stamped as well but no check of the EU PLF form. Coach transfer took 3 hours, no unnecessary stop for coffee etc which was a blessing. Arrived at hotel at 14:45 but rooms not ready so we went and found a bar for an hour and supped a couple of beers in the sun - so a good result at the end snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@CP, Thanks for the info - very useful (I shall be on the same route in a fortnight)

The 'crush' at Birmingham is normal for this time of year (several flight leaving around 6.30)

The delay is slightly worrying, given the 24 hour LFT requirement (was going the take mine at 12.00 - might push it back a bit..)
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I intend taking my LFT at about 6pm for a noon arrival, just to give a bit of leeway.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
brianatab wrote:
I intend taking my LFT at about 6pm for a noon arrival, just to give a bit of leeway.
we did ours, Chronomics, at 17:00 yesterday. Instant certification and pretty easy to follow.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just read on the Crystal app that no rep will be on the coach transfer to resort? As a tradition, our group usually get our ski pass, skis etc whilst on the 3 hr journey.... Have you all ordered this now before arriving or gone to local ski office to buy after arriving?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Spike107, only ordered ski passes and they were presented to us when we checked in to our transfer coach. No rep on the coach but no real impact. All the Crystal uniformed staff at Verona were not brits either!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
CP wrote:
@Spike107, only ordered ski passes and they were presented to us when we checked in to our transfer coach. No rep on the coach but no real impact. All the Crystal uniformed staff at Verona were not brits either!

It has been like that for a couple of years now ; staff just at airport and most resorts ; No more ordering stuff on the coach (or a hard sell on the various trips/pub cruises/quiz etc..) : I pre-buy mine now

Two years ago Crystal had started the change to EU passported staff ; We had Irish/Danish and two dual nationals
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi all

We want to fly to Innsbruck and then get across to the Dolomites.

Italy doesn't require a PCR test (LFT will suffice).

Austria does require a PCR test but not if you are transitting and can prove that you are.

Has anyone done this and shown Austrian border guards proof - what sort of proof suffices? Email from hotel with booking confirmation?

Thanks!

I did try and start a thread on this but no traction!

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=158163#4907203
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@TheManOnTheBus, The Crystal Ski website has some good info

https://www.crystalski.co.uk/travel-with-confidence/entry-requirements/

Have a look at the travel requirements PDF
snow conditions
Little Angel
TheManOnTheBus wrote:
Hi all

We want to fly to Innsbruck and then get across to the Dolomites.

Italy doesn't require a PCR test (LFT will suffice).

Austria does require a PCR test but not if you are transitting and can prove that you are.

Has anyone done this and shown Austrian border guards proof - what sort of proof suffices? Email from hotel with booking confirmation?

Thanks!

I did try and start a thread on this but no traction!

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=158163#4907203

Hi we did exactly this today.

Booked with Crystal about 3 weeks ago after cancelling Austria as my 16 year old clearly could not get booster.

OMG what a nightmare BUT only with the terrible check in at Manchester. It is 100% clear from Austrian and Italian websites that if transiting (And can prove - printed version of Crystal booking conf) then DO NOT need to meet Austrian rules. So we did huge amount of research and correctly chose to do 24 hr LFT as fit to fly.

Did these with chronomics - awesome - email results within minutes. However even though I have an email from Crystal (TUI) stating that 24 hr LFT was fine, the check in people would not have it and were insisting on a 48 hour PCR - because in their words - “no no sir you’re wrong, you are flying to Austria and you need to meet Austrian rules”.

They simply would not have it - in the end even after showing them their own website, their own FAQ’s and my black and white email from Crystal, i kicked off badly and threatened to sue….The lady who had been insistent she couldn’t authorise it suddenly changed her mind. We were then quickly processed and got to security with 40 mins till flight.

Anyway we made it BUT big tip to anyone going into Innsbruck then transiting to Dolomites - get to airport early!!!!

Or just get a 48 hr PCR i suppose? The thing was how 100% insistent they were right and eventually conceded they hadn’t read their own FAQ.

So arrival in Innsbruck an absolute breeze - military guy stood prior to passport control - i said were transiting and showed him crystal booking - and that was that a straight through and passport stamped.

Did NOT ask to see EU PLF or test results!!!

Checked in at hotel after 2.5 hr transfer - again wonderful - passports and test results. Just awesome everywhere but blighty!!

Hotel Kolfuschgergof Colfosco - WOW what a place - sensational - and cannot wait to get out tomorrow in the sunshine and as I believe empty pistes.

Hope that helps some folks avoid the horrible situation we got into, good job we arrived and Manchester 2 hrs 45 ahead of flight time otherwise we would have missed it.

Cheers Neil.
latest report
@neilkav, Manchester airport is an absolute shambles from top to bottom, i live nearby but avoid it whenever I can! Glad you managed to get through though!
snow report
I know shocking and thanks Eh oh! Eh oh!
snow conditions
@neilkav, Thanks for sharing Smile
snow conditions
@neilkav, wow. Well done for standing your ground. Have a great holiday.
ski holidays
Hi everyone. Just read on the Cervinia Facebook page that the Aosta Valley is moving into the Orange zone from Monday… what isn’t clear is the level of additional restrictions this will bring. I have read that as long as you have the Super Green pass then no change in restrictions. Although I’ve also read that moving into level Orange means bars and restaurants will close at 6pm! How does that impact hotel stays?
Last minute panic…
snow report
Hotels are your residence for the duration of your holiday, so no difference :: regarding bars etc -- get you fill before 6PM !
latest report
albob wrote:
Hotels are your residence for the duration of your holiday, so no difference :: regarding bars etc -- get you fill before 6PM !

Thanks for responding. Does that mean the hotel restaurant and bar will close at 6pm or will they remain open for residents?
latest report
Chunky Dawz wrote:
albob wrote:

Thanks for responding. Does that mean the hotel restaurant and bar will close at 6pm or will they remain open for residents?

I’ve just found this info, hope it helps. We’re off to Pila next weekend so will be affected too.

‘According to the latest provisions issued by the Government in agreement with the Ministry of Health, we inform you that from January 10th to March 31st, 2022:

Super Green Pass is compulsory in order to stay in B&B Hotels in Italy. It can only be obtained with vaccination or recovery from COVID-19.
Hotel guests must also have the Super Green Pass to use the hotel restaurant and/or bar*, where available.
Non-hotel guests will be required to show their Super Green Pass in order to use the restaurant services that are also open to external customers*.
These new rules are valid in the white, yellow, and orange zones.,

https://www.hotel-bb.com/en/informations-coronavirus-italia
snow report
Chuckles3 wrote:
Chunky Dawz wrote:
albob wrote:

I’ve just found this info, hope it helps. We’re off to Pila next weekend so will be affected too.

‘According to the latest provisions issued by the Government in agreement with the Ministry of Health, we inform you that from January 10th to March 31st, 2022:

Super Green Pass is compulsory in order to stay in B&B Hotels in Italy. It can only be obtained with vaccination or recovery from COVID-19.
Hotel guests must also have the Super Green Pass to use the hotel restaurant and/or bar*, where available.
Non-hotel guests will be required to show their Super Green Pass in order to use the restaurant services that are also open to external customers*.

I’ve just realised it doesn’t mention times - will keep searching.
snow conditions
Garfield wrote:
Spyglass wrote:
Can those travelling to Italy via Innsbruck just using a Lateral Flow please post on here and let us know how u got on ? Thanks

Due to various issues will be trying this Saturday
It was not my initial plan but due to a c***up on my part we are going with this
I have had e-mail from tour op confirming it is allowed
Will update either from Italy (or home if it all goes wrong) after Saturday

We got here (Arabba) not without a little anx.
Lft accepted ok with Jet2 and at Innsbruck
You do need confirmation of your accommodation booking and Plf
Also much easier with printed copies of everything and a note of logins and pass words
I had an issue accessing lft due to password not held on phone
Anyway we are here Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Chuckles3 wrote:
Chunky Dawz wrote:
albob wrote:

Thanks Chuckles. We’ve now moved our holiday 3 times to dodge the covid bullet… getting too close to try to change again but hoping for the best. Enjoy Pila!
ski holidays
@Chunky Dawz, Cheers. I won’t believe it until we check in at the hotel. We last skied Pila in March 2020 & left the day before they shut the ski lifts down after a glorious & very quiet week on the slopes. I’m hoping our luck will be with us on this one too. Good luck with your travels too.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CP wrote:
Just arrived in Campitello di Fassa this afternoon. Travelled with Crystal from Birmingham to Verona, should have been a 6:30 flight but we did not push back until 7:05. Check in was not good, very crowded with 3 flights due out within ½ an hour. Many of the self check in machines were either not working or playing up. Covid jab status and fit to fly LFT certification checked while in the queue. Landed at Verona about ½ an hour late but we were kept on the aircraft for another 35 minutes as the arrivals area was overloaded. Quite a queue for the passport check which did move quite well, passport stamped as well but no check of the EU PLF form. Coach transfer took 3 hours, no unnecessary stop for coffee etc which was a blessing. Arrived at hotel at 14:45 but rooms not ready so we went and found a bar for an hour and supped a couple of beers in the sun - so a good result at the end snowHead

Eek sorry to hear this, sounds like BHX and MAN need to get their act together. All flowing nicely at LGW so far this morning, busy, but managed well by all the staff. A couple of flights to TRN going out within minutes of each other, so might be an interesting confused scrum at gates. A friend who was supposed to be P1 on our flight is now operating the earlier one. Perhaps we will try and sneak on that flight!
latest report
No issues going through MAN T2 fir Tui flight to Turin this morning, did arrive 3 hours before departure as advised, the snakey que was outside the ropes by the time I’d been processed. Check in staff wanted to see all three vac certs, would have thought if you show booster cert that would be enough as you need to have had others to get booster.
snow conditions
Chunky Dawz wrote:
albob wrote:

Does this mean we won’t get our evening meal the day we arrive? My calculations reckon we should be there for about 7pm?
latest report
geoffknight wrote:
. Check in staff wanted to see all three vac certs.

Shocked That’s just about the stupidest thing I’ve heard of so far from people who should know (or have been told!) better.
snow report
[quote="Chuckles3"

I’ve just realised it doesn’t mention times - will keep searching.[/quote]

there are currently no limitations on opening hours, before xmas a small number of areas had some restrictions.
snow conditions
@richb67, Perfect, thank you. Very Happy
ski holidays
NickyJ wrote:
Chunky Dawz wrote:
albob wrote:

Does this mean we won’t get our evening meal the day we arrive? My calculations reckon we should be there for about 7pm?

Dinner is usually served from about 7.30, so you will be ok. The rules will apply to bars in the towns. Hotels will still be able to serve residents.
snow report
Fistral wrote:

If I was to test positive today, I haven't, (Touch wood), when would I be allowed to fly?
I presume after 5 days and 2 negative LTF, then if I can pass the Travel LTF that would be ok?

Be aware that if you fail a LFT the NHS app removes the travel pass QR code for 10 days. Maybe if you save the travel pass before you report the positive result (if you are due to travel less than 10 days after) would be ok.
ski holidays
crossmax wrote:
Fistral wrote:

Be aware that if you fail a LFT the NHS app removes the travel pass QR code for 10 days. Maybe if you save the travel pass before you report the positive result (if you are due to travel less than 10 days after) would be ok.

Errr. That won't work because your saved codes won't read.
ski holidays
kittya wrote:
crossmax wrote:
Fistral wrote:

Errr. That won't work because your saved codes won't read.

Hmmm - not sure about that :: I printed out my code last week (to laminate it) and I just scanned it with Verifac app and it reads ok.....
snow report
When you scan a code, you only read what's there, not what's currently on the website, so it would remain valid for the remainder of the 30 days, regardless of your current status.

As long as the date covers your return, then you will be ok, just so long as you pass the travel LFT.
ski holidays
brianatab wrote:
When you scan a code, you only read what's there, not what's currently on the website, so it would remain valid for the remainder of the 30 days, regardless of your current status.

As long as the date covers your return, then you will be ok, just so long as you pass the travel LFT.

Well, that's the exact opposite to what I got told but is good news. (I do believe idiots far too readily)

Good news though.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy