Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Latest travel rules for Italy?

Poster: A snowHead
Spike107 wrote:
Right, I had Covid over Xmas, PCR was positive on 21st Dec... What's playing on my mind is whether there will be still traces picked up on a PCR test which I would need to take around 3/4th Feb. I'm edging towards LFT but the 24hr turnaround is also making me anxious on getting a result in time before 6am flight Sat Puzzled

Do the 24 hr LFT. We ordered Chronomics via Crystal for £15 each which were delivered today by DPD. They offer a 30 min turn around for results. As I was twitchy about getting them delivered so late (19th Jan despatch for a hol on the 23rd), I just went back in to amend our departure date to a week earlier. We’ll do our tests late afternoon on the Sat for a 7.00 am Sunday flight. (I am aware of some negative press with Chronomics & their inflexibility to repurpose tests but for this purpose they seem fine).

I’ve used C19 before and the results came through in less than 5 hrs so would happily recommend them too.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just wondering how onerous passenger locator forms are. Hubby was chatting to someone today who said it was a nightmare and was very time consuming with a lot of repetition. How many questions/pages are they?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hawkesbaynz wrote:
When can you apply for the Italy PLF. I am going in 16 days. Chrome did not work but EDge did until it kept asking about temporary addresses. Is it 14 days prior?

No - I did mine a couple of days ago ; not travelling until the 29th ; my temporary address was the hotel I am staying.

Pity you can't do the UK one weeks earlier Sad

======

"..Just wondering how onerous passenger locator forms are.." -- well a bit complicated, just gather necessary info before you start off (think mine took 30 minutes because I had to search for bits )
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
bambionskiis wrote:
Just wondering how onerous passenger locator forms are. Hubby was chatting to someone today who said it was a nightmare and was very time consuming with a lot of repetition. How many questions/pages are they?

Going or coming back?

I’ve found both the Greek (was out there last autumn) and Italian PLF forms very easy & simple to complete. Just answer the basic questions & submit. The Italian one can be done in advance.

The UK PLF is a different matter. If you travel abroad more than once a year it’s worth setting up your account before you go. At least then you aren’t continually having to add passport & personal details in again & again. It’s a 14 character password so be prepared.

When we came home from doing a yacht delivery in Greece in October it was a nightmare having to put every island we’d stopped at (& doing it twice for 2 x adults). And it can only be done within 48 hrs of return.

Is it worth it? Absolutely!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Completed the Italy PLF 10 mins ago. It's OK, just a long winded load of box filling. Tedious, but straightforward.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Great, thanks for the feedback on the PLF. I hadn’t realised there were ones for going AND coming back. Obvious now I think of it lol.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@bambionskiis, did mine and the girlfriends during the day a day or so ago. If it took me any more than 10 minutes per form i'd be surprised. All you need is your own details, the flight details and accommodation details. It's really not that much hassle.

Can't say on the UK form, and can't remember back to September '20 when we went to Greece, but doubt it's much more hassle than the Italian form. Just need the reference number for your tests, which in our case (Randox) is just towards the bottom of the order confirmation email.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@swskier, many thanks
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So hopefully driving through France at half term now, overnight near Troyes then into Italy the next day.

Am I right in thinking a late lft as we approach Dover should do us for both France then Italy (within 24 hours)?
Also is the French / Italian PLFs only when going in by plane or do we need that for transit? And the Statement du Honour?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
MHskier wrote:
So hopefully driving through France at half term now, overnight near Troyes then into Italy the next day.

Am I right in thinking a late lft as we approach Dover should do us for both France then Italy (within 24 hours)?
Also is the French / Italian PLFs only when going in by plane or do we need that for transit? And the Statement du Honour?

Better to do the forms and not need them, than to need the forms and not have them. My friends flew into Switzerland, and then drove to Italy last week - they'd filled in all the necessary Italian PLF forms but they weren't checked at the border crossing.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@MHskier, Interesting question -- I think once you have crossed into the EU, you are unlikely to be asked again for proof of a 24 hour LFT. As you are transiting France there should be no need for the PLF (having said that I would still do both, and take spare LFT's just in case!).

Why could have a look at the French thread, where some people have already used Eurotunnel
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=157239&start=3560
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I just had a look at the BA travel advice here
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/covid19-tests

Traveling to Italy for the Pre BB and BB. 22.01.22 to 05.02.22

It says I need a pre flight test to travel out, but doesn't mention a test required on arrival in Italy.
Is this correct?

It also says I need to test after arrival back in the UK but I thought that had been scrapped.

Does anybody know the correct rules for testing?

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Fri 14-01-22 22:05; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Fistral, Yes you need either a PCR 48hours before arrival or Antigen 24 hours before (from what I understand).

The rule that was scrapped was the test before flying home. You still need to do an LFT after you get home (think it’s within 2 days?)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fistral wrote:
I just had a look at the BA travel advice here
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/covid19-tests

Traveling to Italy for the Pre BB and BB. 22.01.22 to 05.02.22

It says I need a pre flight test to travel out, but doesn't mention a test required on arrival in Italy.
Is this correct?

It also says I need to test after arrival back in the UK but I thought that had been scrapped.

Does anybody know the correct rules for testing?

Just be aware that different countries have different regulation regarding 24hr testing times

Swiss - valid on boarding and entry
France - valid on boarding
Italy - valid on arriving

--------

So, you need one 24hr LFT on the way out : Order/Book a 2 day return LFT for when you come home

I have already ordered mine for the end of January travel (arrive tomorrow..)
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A quick report from Cervinia:

FFP2 mandatory but observed only by some; about half, and most youths are just wearing a buff. But everyone is wearing something.

Some aggressive enforcement I saw at the base of Plan Maison, shouting about masks when a family was getting on. OTOH incredible stupidity with packing almost 100 into the big gondola for the last bit at the top of the mountain where the Zermatt link is; if anyone had it, most would have got it. And a lot of thickoes will pack into a gondola even when there are say 3-4 inside already, even though right behind it is an empty one.

QR code scanned in all shops and restaurants, and the ticket office, but no ID checked. Scanners at base of Plan Maison but nobody watching them.

Very warm, around 0C at the top of the mountain, but falling to say -5C in the mornings and later afternoons. Good ski conditions but as usual fairly churned up in the afternoon.

Re tests, google for the UK govt advice website. For Italy it has been posted slightly further back. Italy may do entry tests. It wants a LFT within 24hrs of arrival time, or PCR within 48hrs of arrival time. The latter is hard to organise unless you can walk in somewhere. That's if you are vacced; if not it gets a lot more complicated... but kids are at school now, I believe. The Day 2 test can now be an LFT.
ski holidays
Okay, I'm not poo-poo stirring but there was some dispute on which companies are okay for lateral flow self test.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2021/10/is-your-lateral-flow-test-illegal-for-travel/

FYI
Excalibur tests I bought have a 4 digit number after EU but not the 0123 number. A regular SH traveler has used them so I'm sure.they are okay. But Randox (where you have to use your passport for the app has the 0123 number

So if you are really concerned then I'd go for a Randox home test kit.

I've got both because I'm not chancing it Happy
ski holidays
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
Okay, I'm not poo-poo stirring but there was some dispute on which companies are okay for lateral flow self test.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2021/10/is-your-lateral-flow-test-illegal-for-travel/

FYI
Excalibur tests I bought have a 4 digit number after EU but not the 0123 number. A regular SH traveler has used them so I'm sure.they are okay. But Randox (where you have to use your passport for the app has the 0123 number

So if you are really concerned then I'd go for a Randox home test kit.

I've got both because I'm not chancing it Happy

Article dated October 21 - I imagine by now Excalibur/others would have sorted out any problems (might just get a Randox in case)

As an aside -- I ordered mine yesterday at £15.50 ; today they are £12.50 !
ski holidays
albob wrote:

As an aside -- I ordered mine yesterday at £15.50 ; today they are £12.50 !

I paid £12.95 this afternoon Puzzled
snow conditions
@Red Leon, Soz -- meant £12.95
ski holidays
I bought 4. One to test. Worked fine
One to use as a pre departure from UK
One to take in case the rules change.
One to take as a day2

I have a Randox pre test to take as well to be safe in case.
snow report
@GlasgowCyclops,
I bought one pre-travel LFT and one 'marketed' as 2 day return LFT : My travelling companion just bought 2 pre-travel ones ;
Do you know if the pre-travel ones can be re-purposed as a 2 day return ones ??

Packaging in the website look just the same for both...
snow conditions
We have a Randox walk in PCR test (with a 3 hour turn around), booked for Thursday afternoon, in Manchester airport. Overkill? Maybe, but we can chill with a beer on Thursday night and kick back on Friday, with a very early flight on Saturday morning; in the knowledge that we have our Fit to Fly cert, even if the Italians change the minimum requirement from an LFT to a PCR at the last minute.
snow conditions
@albob, Id actually called Excalibur about that and they said the tests can be used for both.
ski holidays
Peter Stevens wrote:
A quick report from Cervinia:

FFP2 mandatory but observed only by some; about half, and most youths are just wearing a buff. But everyone is wearing something.

Some aggressive enforcement I saw at the base of Plan Maison, shouting about masks when a family was getting on. OTOH incredible stupidity with packing almost 100 into the big gondola for the last bit at the top of the mountain where the Zermatt link is; if anyone had it, most would have got it. And a lot of thickoes will pack into a gondola even when there are say 3-4 inside already, even though right behind it is an empty one.

QR code scanned in all shops and restaurants, and the ticket office, but no ID checked. Scanners at base of Plan Maison but nobody watching them.

Very warm, around 0C at the top of the mountain, but falling to say -5C in the mornings and later afternoons. Good ski conditions but as usual fairly churned up in the afternoon.

Re tests, google for the UK govt advice website. For Italy it has been posted slightly further back. Italy may do entry tests. It wants a LFT within 24hrs of arrival time, or PCR within 48hrs of arrival time. The latter is hard to organise unless you can walk in somewhere. That's if you are vacced; if not it gets a lot more complicated... but kids are at school now, I believe. The Day 2 test can now be an LFT.

Thanks, Peter. Apart from the packed gondola, it sounds like you’re having a great time! We are flying off in the early hours, but to Bardonecchia, but sunny skies is my preferred, don’t really care too much about ski conditions… my expectations are not too high!!
Have put QR codes on our helmets as well haha! I avoided skiing in January for many many years due to the cold, but doesn’t look like we are going to have this problem next week…. Have a great rest of holiday.
snow report
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
I bought 4. One to test. Worked fine
One to use as a pre departure from UK
One to take in case the rules change.
One to take as a day2

I have a Randox pre test to take as well to be safe in case.

So did you fill in the ‘patient details’ (name, address, date of entry to UK plus flight #) for the ‘day 2’ test?
I had to for mine but I’m assuming that, should I not need to use it for any reason, it’ll be hard to repurpose as it’s now linked to me & my expected travel details.
ski holidays
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
@albob, Id actually called Excalibur about that and they said the tests can be used for both.

Excellent news - many thanks ::
ski holidays
I think I might go Randox instead of Excalibur after reading this... Shocked
Most of these sound like issues with deliveries just after Xmas but still....

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/excaliburhealth.co.uk
snow conditions
@Red Leon, My two tests arrived just now - there is nothing on the box to identify which is which! (I ordered one going and one 2 day).

On that basis, I don't think you need to worry about re-purposing

What pees me off,, because I ordered a 2 day one, I had to pay £4.00 for delivery ; If I had ordered two 'going' ones, posted was free by Royal Mail
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just a heads up on Randox (I paid £14.50/kit a couple of days ago) test collection at local shop near you option.
I did this, but despite follow all instructions exactly, the shops reader didn't recognise my downloaded barcode or inputting of order number, all other numbers etc. and we couldn't get through to a human in 20mins holding on their customer support line. (I don't know if was their scanner terminal support line or Randox).
Back home I Rang Randox, (5 min to get through all the recorded menus and then 30 min hold time) and then they had to put in request to their IT support team.
I did ultimately get an email and phone call back within an hour(of speaking to someone), saying all sorted, so go back to the shop.
I asked if either test kit could be used as 2 day return one (in case got muddled up) and was told a definite yes either can be used.
No problems at shop 2nd time and they said Randox had called them and now updated their software.
Ultimately, once finally through to a human being at Randox, a positive resolution done in reasonable time, but if leaving to last minute local collection, make sure shop has latest updated software.
latest report
Picked up my 2 tests yesterday, click and collect from a local post office. Available to collect minutes after ordering. He just got them out of a big box and passed them to me, no individual identification.

The two are interchangeable, I assume up to the point you register them on the app.

@GlasgowCyclops, I was going to leave the other one at home, but might follow your lead and have it with me, just in case the UK change the rules for return. Can easily order another one last minute for collection Monday morning.

Paid £29 for the 2. As that is £150 less than I paid for the Psb testing, not unduly upset that they were £2 cheaper a couple of days later.
ski holidays
@brianatab, were yours Randox ??

I was looking at their 'click and collect' sites yesterday (just in case) and the two shops in my area were showing as 'in stock' ; which made me think they might just as well have a big box of tests in the store room.. :: good to know in a 'panic' situation..
snow conditions
Heads up!
Randox quotes delivery of 4 - 6 working days. Don't leave it too late. (Click and collect is available)
If you search for the randox app on the app. store you get the wrong app. use the link on their web site.

https://covid.randox.com/certifly-app-download/

Questions:

1) The entry test can be either before you fly or after you arrive.
So it should be ok to fly even if you are still waiting for the result from Randox.

2) If you do a positive lateral flow in resort should that be reported on the NHS app?
Or would that just cause problems. I.E. they ask you to stay at home.
latest report
".1) The entry test can be either before you fly or after you arrive.
So it should be ok to fly even if you are still waiting for the result from Randox..."

You mean the return to the UK test ?
I thought you could take the test before you left resort, but then I read this on the Gov.uk site

"..You must take a COVID-19 test after you arrive, before the end of day 2 at the latest (the day you arrive is day 0). This can be a lateral flow test or a PCR test..."
snow conditions
albob wrote:
So it should be ok to fly even if you are still waiting for the result from Randox..."

I thought you could take the test before you left resort, but then I read this on the Gov.uk site

No I mean on the way out, I read either before you fly or when you arrive.

I suppose that the Airline might insist that you have it before you fly.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 15-01-22 13:13; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
The rules are pretty straightforward:

The departure test leaving the UK has to be taken and have results back before you leave or they won’t let you on the plane.

The arrival test has to be taken after you arrive back in the UK.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sat 15-01-22 13:42; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Fistral wrote:
albob wrote:

No I mean on the way out, I read either before you fly or when you arrive.

I suppose that the Airline might insist that you have it before you fly.

"even if you are still waiting for the result" - that would be a worry for me ; no result = no entry...
ski holidays
No negative result, no flight. The airlines are doing the checking.
latest report
@albob, that's why we've opted for the walk in three hour turn around PCR on the Thursday. Peace of mind.
latest report
The Randox app is called Randox CertiFly not Randox Health.
snow report
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
The Randox app is called Randox CertiFly not Randox Health.

Agreed!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy