Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Latest travel rules for Italy?

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know how it would affect the vaccinated if Trentino is added to the Orange list? (travelling from UK to Verona)

Seeing articles about this potentially happening end of jan? Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Makes no difference. Ski lifts remain open, super green needed for pretty much everything.

https://italygreenpass.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/GREEN-PASS-REQUIREMENTS-JAN-10.pdf
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Very Happy

Reading that is suggests that these different zones only affect the unvaccinated then?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
there are some extra restrictions in the Orange zone e.g. you need a super green pass to go into a shop or play contact sports (even outside).

There are also other items not covered on the PDF above as this English version seems to be aimed at tourists. But as @susieq78 says, for UK tourists if you have the super green pass nothing changes.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lots of talk about 'having' the super green pass - can I just check that having your NHS QR code is all you need (and maybe to check it scans on the VerificaC19 app)??
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes you need to have a qr code, digital (from NHS app) or paper, which is SGP compatible. You can download and use VerificaC19 to check this at home (on Rafforzatta setting).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have posted this elsewhere : note the feature to scan codes, therefore no need for Verificac19

"The NHS QR code is all you need -

But, for convenience ; I would recommend the EU Greenpass :: https://greenpassapp.eu/

Works without the need of a signal ; In English ; Opens with one click ; You can add another persons QR code if necessary ; and it will also validate codes....!"
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for your helpful replies and I apologise if this has been answered previously but I can’t seem to find it:

If I recently had covid do I still need an antigen test before entering or should I get a certificate instead? (flying out 22nd Jan, currently have covid)

Thanks Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Please help assuage my panic...

I have downloaded the VerificaC19 app, and used it to scan my vaccine QR codes on the NHS 'travel' passes.

I am triple jabbed, and vaccines 2 and 3 get the green tick, but vaccine number 1 does not. Is this because I had the jab on the 14th May, which is (as of today) 243 days ago?

Will I be OK with the fact that my QR code for the second and third jabs are scanning OK?

Pretty confident I will be fine, but obviously I'm trying to be ultra prepared / cautious in every facet of my planning!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@LukeRibs, don't worry you only need a single QR code, use your booster for everything and ignore the other two
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@richb67, Good Bless you and your rapid response; I thought this would be the case, but I'm glad to have it confirmed!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have a fffp3 mask with a rubber valve in the centre, I’m presuming that as fffp3 is supposed to be better than fffp2 this will be acceptable in Italy ????
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@rizzotherock, Not sure anything with a valve is acceptable. It allows breath out, with kind of defeats the object!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
MorningGory wrote:
@rizzotherock, Not sure anything with a valve is acceptable. It allows breath out, with kind of defeats the object!

All masks let air in and out. FFP3 captures more particles than FFP2 which capture more than an ordinary surgical mask.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
agw wrote:
MorningGory wrote:

All masks let air in and out. FFP3 captures more particles than FFP2 which capture more than an ordinary surgical mask.

I don't think the comparison of FFP3 to FFP2 is in doubt - it's the fact it has a valve, which allows the air to leave the mask unfiltered, which is why they aren't allowed in many places.
snow conditions
Masks with valves aren't accepted.
ski holidays
@agw, Sure, but if the valve lets unfiltered air out, that's not great. Presumably most masks with valves were designed for builders etc. to stop stuff getting in, not out.

I just seem to remember reading that they're not acceptable somewhere. I have 2 boxes of FFP2 masks without valves to take to the Bashes Very Happy
latest report
@agw, A quick google confirms my thoughts - e.g.

https://www.nist.gov/news-events/news/2020/11/new-airflow-videos-show-why-masks-exhalation-valves-do-not-slow-spread
snow report
Cheers for the info, will be buying some valveless masks tomorrow
ski holidays
MorningGory wrote:
@agw, A quick google confirms my thoughts - e.g.

https://www.nist.gov/news-events/news/2020/11/new-airflow-videos-show-why-masks-exhalation-valves-do-not-slow-spread

Yeah - just found that video for myself. I had wrongly assumed that the valves had filters in them.
snow conditions
If you want maximum protection, say in a packed big lift with 30 people in it, you can wear ffp3 (with a valve) with ffp2 on top Smile Nobody can argue with that.

Or wear ffp3 (with valve) with a buff pulled over it. Even a surgical mask will prevent a cloud of droplets coming out of the valve.
snow conditions
Or an FFP3 without a valve?
ski holidays
Peter Stevens wrote:

Or wear ffp3 (with valve) with a buff pulled over it. Even a surgical mask will prevent a cloud of droplets coming out of the valve.

I suspect a jobsworth might not allow that combo. But perhaps you could give it a go and report back?
latest report
FFP3 without a valve is not common.

I have used FFP3 with a surgical mask in Italy but not since they brought in the FFP2 requirement. I have just tried FFP2 over FFP3 with a valve and it is OK for the short periods needed. Will test it in Italy tomorrow.

Easyjet cabin crew didn't like FFP3 with a valve so I put the surgical mask over it. Good solution for airline flying.
snow report
We have acquired some valveless FFP3 masks which I think will be ideal for flying and on the transfer bus as they offer more protection to the wearer. I’ll get some FFP2s for skiing though as they look much easier to use with a helmet.
latest report
The issue of valves was decided very early in the pandemic.

The valves are one way, to prevent dust etc entering, but allowing the wearer to breath out easier. You can get filters for them for some work.
You can also get blanks, which block the air from coming out, but some people (Morons) were claiming they had blanks when they didn't.

The only way to check is to remove mask, and inspect the valve from the inside, which kind of defeats the object of wearing one.

It was decided it was far easier to simply not accept them for Covid.

Lots of discussions on other threads about wearing masks with helmets. A lot of people have got round the problem by simply sewing a button onto the helmet strap. Works very well.
ski holidays
I loved the tips about wearing masks with the helmet and I’ve used plastic curtain hooks, as suggested by one of the forum members. They attach really firmly and mean you can easily slip the loop on and off. I also stuck our QR codes on the side of our helmets too - I thought that was a great idea!
snow report
@Kimski44, great idea, how did you reduce it in size, when I try to print mine it comes out almost A5 sized
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
geoffknight wrote:
@Kimski44, great idea, how did you reduce it in size, when I try to print mine it comes out almost A5 sized

So I put my QR code (no3/booster) in my Apple wallet and sent over that picture to my HP printer, which has an option “HP smart” which has an option within itself to adjust the size. If your printer has a similar option, that’s probably the easiest way. I then cut it out and laminated it, and then sellotaped it on the side of my mask and did the same for my husband. I tested out the QR code at that point with the scanner app someone else has recommended on here VerificaC19 and it works. Just thought it might be another option if phone dies or something at a crucial moment. I don’t know what it will be like in Italy but when we went to Spain in October I was quite surprised to see the total compliance in mask wearing everywhere.
snow report
geoffknight wrote:

I downloaded mine from the NHS website - it prints as one A4 size page (3 codes about credit card size)
latest report
So to recap as we are heading out in 3 weeks (obvs can change again In this time).

Essentials....
1. FFP2 Mask supply
2. NHS Covid App with vaccine status working while in resort.
3. Select Travel in NHS to create booster QR code. Send this to Google pay app wallet for easy access.

Nice to haves...
1. Print off QR booster code from NHS app
2. Shrink said booster QR code for sticking to helmets
3. Mask mounting points on helmets.

Don't bother with....
1.This supergreen pass app which seems nonsense if NHS is good enough.

Anything else, what a palava this is turning out to be Laughing

Cheers
ski holidays
Spike107 wrote:
So to recap as we are heading out in 3 weeks (obvs can change again In this time).

Essentials....
1. FFP2 Mask supply
3. Select Travel in NHS to create booster QR code. Send this to Google pay app wallet for easy access.

Nice to haves...

Don't bother with....

Cheers

Don't forget the PLF's.

And yes it is a real faff but the only way to get out there currently snowHead
snow report
CP wrote:
Spike107 wrote:

Essentials....
1. FFP2 Mask supply

Nice to haves...

Don't bother with....

Cheers

Don't forget the PLF's.

And yes it is a real faff but the only way to get out there currently snowHead

I’m sure you’ve got your tests on your list - one to get in to Italy & your day 2 test (code required for UK PLF). Set up the UK PLF account before you go as it’s a major, major faff.

My top tip, if you can have everything printed off for check in. Went to Greece a couple of times last autumn & it made a huge difference to the check in process rather than having to hand over phones. I was sailing so couldn’t get around it with PLF coming back but it helped with everything else.

And finally, check your travel insurance for personal liability cover.
ski holidays
Have travel insurance with Nationwide and contacted them to verify the 3rd party liability and its fine... If anyone else has Flexplus accounts, your all good for this.

Right, I had Covid over Xmas, PCR was positive on 21st Dec... What's playing on my mind is whether there will be still traces picked up on a PCR test which I would need to take around 3/4th Feb. I'm edging towards LFT but the 24hr turnaround is also making me anxious on getting a result in time before 6am flight Sat Puzzled

Any experts in if PCR could fail over a month after having Covid?
snow report
@Spike107, I'm doing the 24hr lft with a 6.30 flight : Excaliber sends results within minutes (others probably also do..)
I intend to do the test about midday - If I don't the results within an hour, I shall head to the nearest testing centre and pay whatever is needed...!
snow report
albob wrote:
@Spike107, I'm doing the 24hr lft with a 6.30 flight : Excaliber sends results within minutes (others probably also do..)
I intend to do the test about midday - If I don't the results within an hour, I shall head to the nearest testing centre and pay whatever is needed...!

Yeah I know what you mean, Crystal are offering numoerus providers, some you do at home and you post a pic to app and receive a cert back within 30mins... Anyone else done this to verify a supplier?
I could head to near Manchester Airport and get one done there I guess if its panic stations....
ski holidays
@Spike107, Glasgowcyclops has done a test run

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=154979&highlight=excaliber&start=960

British Airways have list of suppliers, with a discount if you click through
snow report
albob wrote:
@Spike107, Glasgowcyclops has done a test run

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=154979&highlight=excaliber&start=960

British Airways have list of suppliers, with a discount if you click through

Much appreciated... £15.50 through BA site. Might have a crack with them I think
snow report
When can you apply for the Italy PLF. I am going in 16 days. Chrome did not work but EDge did until it kept asking about temporary addresses. Is it 14 days prior?
latest report
Spike107 wrote:

Right, I had Covid over Xmas, PCR was positive on 21st Dec... What's playing on my mind is whether there will be still traces picked up on a PCR test which I would need to take around 3/4th Feb. I'm edging towards LFT but the 24hr turnaround is also making me anxious on getting a result in time before 6am flight Sat Puzzled

We fly 6am this Saturday. I have tests booked with Randox who I've read elsewhere on this site have staff working 24hrs, and results back in 3 hours.

I'll be sending tests off mid afternoon tomorrow, and that'll leave me more than enough time to spare as we're due in to Verona 0920 on Saturday morning.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy