Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Latest travel rules for Italy?

Poster: A snowHead
:@Timmycb5, @Montan,
This is what I received from inghams

On arrival at Innsbruck you will be met by our airport team and we will do our best to get you on your transfer and away as quickly as possible. Please look out for the Inghams Team on arrival. You will need to fulfil the entry requirements for Austria and for Italy, the current Austrian regulations are:

Then it lists all the tests/ documents needed, I don’t know if the same applies for your case, it is so complicated…
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Harrow lady, thank you. It IS complicated and may yet change again before 16/1, but our worry is that if we don’t know what both Italy and France require until (what’s looking like….) 15/1, it will be difficult to comply. I’m not even going on the trip now, due to unrelated reasons, but the rest of my usual group is.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Harrow lady, thank you. I was planning to do that for my second trip, but for my first, there won't be any document check whatsoever entering Italy on the train, and I'm guessing nothing going back to France in the taxi.

I guess it's simply to fill in the PLF for Italy just in case though.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I’ve mistakenly ordered 2 fit to fly lft kits, could I use one of these for the return or must it be a specific test to return lft kit?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rizzotherock wrote:
I’ve mistakenly ordered 2 fit to fly lft kits, could I use one of these for the return or must it be a specific test to return lft kit?

You need to ask the company you bought them from. I think the kit will be the same but the documentation may be different. Others have had kits converted successfully.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@sugarmoma666, thanks for that, just emailed chronomics and it is fine to use as a test to return as long as it’s less than six months old and is unregistered.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you buy a LFT which comes with a certificate, that certificate is usable for both entry into some country and for returning to the UK.

I have used various (they are now around 20 quid) and have never seen different types of certificates appearing.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have just entered Italy successfully, so thought I would share my experiences as they might be useful to others.
The paperwork side of things is a faff, but not difficult, just allow plenty of time.
We ordered tests from Testngo, not my first choice, but other providers would not do next day delivery over the holiday period. Once I had read through the instructions carefully, they were not immediately intuitive, all worked fine, and test certificates back in 3 hours on NYD.
Paperwork, either digital or paper were all checked by carrier before departure. Sadly we saw one couple denied boarding but not sure why.
On arrival at Turin no obvious checking of any paperwork, just a stamp in the passport, but I assume as PLF has passport number all is linked?
In resort, regular and routine checking of Covid pass. Wearing of FFP2 masks required on enclosed lifts and in hotel public areas, with gentle reminders by staff and lifties if you forget.
Worth the hassle for the skiing, as there is no such thing as a bad ski day Eh oh!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks @Debbie0312 for the update, really useful hearing first hand experiences.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
yes, thanks @Debbie0312 it's good to get some feedback and confidence
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This may be a stupid question, but when you show your NHS QR code (as the green pass), which QR do you actually show? Is it the domestic one, not the travel one (which is split into 3 for each of the jabs I've had).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Handy Turnip, Travel one (the latest of the 3) from my investigations!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Handy Turnip wrote:
This may be a stupid question, but when you show your NHS QR code (as the green pass), which QR do you actually show? Is it the domestic one, not the travel one (which is split into 3 for each of the jabs I've had).

as mentioned already it's the latest, which is now the first that's displayed.

I'd recommend downloading the official Italian verificaC19 app. It's the app that all hotels, bars, ski lifts etc use to check everyone's green pass. You can then test your QR codes to get confidence. It needs to be on a different device from the one your scanning, e.g. I use my wife's phone with the app to scan my NHS QR code on my phone.

It's in Italian and used to be very simple but is now a little more complex but there are only two buttons at the bottom.

The first gives you the option of which level of pass is required (BASE = normal green pass, RAFFORZATA = super green pass, BOOSTER = err, self explanatory !) so choose the one you want then click the button "SCANSIONA IL QR CODE". On first use you will probably need to click something to allow the app to use the camera and if it prompts you for a "Scarica" (or similar, it means download) allow it so it can update the database it uses. Honestly it's easier than it sounds !

Have a play and you'll see it's really straightforward.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@richb67, @MorningGory, cheers, great info - I'll give that a go. So did you find it easier to use that app rather than the NHS one?

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Mon 3-01-22 21:40; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Handy Turnip wrote:
@richb67, cheers, great info - I'll give that a go. So did you find it easier to use that app rather than the NHS one?

the two are complimentary.

So NHS app, used by you to generate QR code. You absolutely need this. If you use an iPhone you can generate the QR code (green pass) in the NHS app then and add it to your apple wallet, it's valid for 30 days and is easier to access there. Less faffing about.

VerifiaC19 app used by Italians to check the QR code. However it is available to everyone. e.g. your hotel will use this app to scan your QR code

I just found it useful to use the VerificaC19 app to check our QR codes to check they were OK. Our first trip to Italy was back in September when things were less established and it was invaluable then, (especially as the NHS app threw a wobbler for a week or so and mislabelled the QR codes) I even used it to prove to someone our QR code was valid when their app said it wasn't Very Happy It's nice to scan your QR code and see a big green ok when preparing your stuff.

edit, we actually printed and laminated our QR codes on to credit card sized bits of paper to avoid faffing with phones.
snow report
@richb67, ahh makes sense!

Like the idea of having the QR codes printed and laminated!
ski holidays
We use the travel QR code off the NHS app, OH has downloaded to Google app, me to apple wallet. Both have been accepted without exception.
I also carry a .pdf just in case, but not needed so far.
latest report
@Debbie0312, thanks - just downloaded it to Google pay app now!
snow report
forwardrupert wrote:
Garfield wrote:
Realise as I fly into Austria I need a PCR test on way there

Luckily it appears that if you’re transiting straight out of Austria you don’t need the PCR, so the LFT required for Italy will suffice.

See section 7 of Austria’s entry requirements here https://www.bmk.gv.at/en/service/entry-requirements.html

Quote:
7. general exemptions, regardless of where these people come from, apply to (no PCR-/LAMP-/TMA-test for SARS-CoV-2 necessary, no quarantine, no registration):
a. to maintain goods and passenger traffic (crews), if the destination country

is not Austria, the exit must be ensured,
b. exclusively for compelling reasons of animal care or for agricultural and
forestry measures in individual cases,
c. in the context of the implementation of a professional transfer trip / a
professional transfer flight,
d. in the imperative interest of the Republic of Austria,
e. transit passengers or the transit through Austria without a stopover, which
is also the case with only essential interruptions, if departure is guaranteed,

f. the crew of a repatriation trip / a repatriation flight including the
accompanying organs of the public security service,

So you just need some kind of guarantee you’ll be leaving Austria, which I’m assuming a booking in Italy would act as.

This also fits with Crystal’s advice - see their useful PDF here: https://www.crystalski.co.uk/resources/content/wp-content/uploads/Travel-local-COVID-19-requirements-311221-at-1629.pdf

Saying that, I’ll be travelling with Crystal to Italy this month via Austria, so am presuming the TUI staff checking documents will be aware of this. A different airline may only see you flying to Austria and decide you need the PCR, so may be worth getting it anyway if you can.

I’m in a bit of a limbo though in that I’ve had covid in mid-December and so could potentially test positive on a PCR due to non-transmissible residual/low-levels of the virus that linger in the system. This means there is a reasonable chance my UK Day 2 PCR would show a positive result even though I can’t have it in theory for 3 months. Has anyone else had this issue and found a workaround especially given many countries require a PCR for entry? Praying Italy don’t tighten up their rules to require one in the next few weeks.

I am also travelling with Crystal Ski to Italy via Innsbruck and 2 of us can’t have a booster until after our holiday. The rules on transitting through Austria seem clear but I can’t find anything from Crystal Ski that confirms the booster rule doesn’t apply if you are continuing to Italy. I’d hate to get to Innsbruck and be turned around.

**Update** After being on hold to Crystal Ski for nearly 3 hours they have confirmed that we do not need to follow the Austrian guidelines of boosters and PCR to transit through to Italy.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 4-01-22 15:59; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Handy Turnip wrote:

Someone posted on an SCGB FB page that she printed the QR code for each member of her group onto stickers and stuck them on their helmets. Sounds like a great idea to me and apparently the lifties loved it
ski holidays
Timmycb5 wrote:
I'm (hopefully) going skiing to Montgenevre in France on 20th Jan (assuming we're still not banned from France). I'm getting the train from London to Paris then changing, so I'll be following the protocols for France. My question is though, my train, just at the end of it's journey nips into Italy, to Oulx, and I'm getting a private transfer from there back to Montgenevre.

Do I need to anything for arriving in Italy, or given I'll be on Italian soil for 30-60 mins maximum, shall I just ignore it??

Well, I would GUESS Italian pre-arrival and arrival rules? But…
Oulx itself is a very little station. If it all goes Pete Tong re trying to go to France, at least you are literally on the border there. There is no real border control between Montgenevre and Claviere (which you can walk to from Montgenevre) You could possibly go to Claviere, Sansacario, Sauze d’oulx, etc etc
Hope you get a proper answer soon though!
latest report
Red Leon wrote:
Handy Turnip wrote:

Someone posted on an SCGB FB page that she printed the QR code for each member of her group onto stickers and stuck them on their helmets. Sounds like a great idea to me and apparently the lifties loved it

These are great tips - I've just ordered some of these self sealing laminate pouches which are business card size. Following the advice given, my theory is that if I attach it to my ski jacket (and maybe a spare in my wallet) then that should cover me for all eventualities.. lifts, bars, restaurants.

latest report
Sorry I know this has been asked before.

But to return to the UK from Italy/Innsbruck - i need to do a rapid Antigen I know, and once back in UK do a day two PCR, the question is do I need to pre purchase that PCR and have a code for my flight back?
snow conditions
Sarny wrote:

But to return to the UK from Italy/Innsbruck - i need to do a rapid Antigen I know, and once back in UK do a day two PCR, the question is do I need to pre purchase that PCR and have a code for my flight back?

Yes, I believe that you need to put the code on the UK return form so you'll need to have it booked already
latest report
@Sarny, this the advice from Crystal

".Before you go on holiday, you'll need to book and pay for a day 2 PCR test. When you're back in
the UK, you'll need to take the test within the first 48 hours of your arrival and self-isolate until
you receive a negative test result.
You’ll need to book the test before you re-enter the UK because you’ll need the COVID-19 test
booking reference number to include on your UK Passenger Locator Form (PLF). We
recommend booking it before you go on holiday, so you don’t have to think about it while you’re
away,."
snow conditions
@Handy Turnip, that's what I was thinking, also in our ski box I found an old style lift pass holder with the pull back / winder thingy.

It's snowing in Somerset at the moment so I'm getting in the skiing mood !
ski holidays
Sarny wrote:

Yes, Amazon are the cheapest at £35 inc post to your house. They give you the code for the the PLF immediately by email.
ski holidays
@richb67 I scanned both mine and my wife's booster QR code using the verificaC19 app and both times it gave a message that a swab is required! No big green OK message.
This is worrying, or am I doing something wrong?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
king key wrote:
Sarny wrote:

Yes, Amazon are the cheapest at £35 inc post to your house. They give you the code for the the PLF immediately by email.

Thanks, cant see any under £70, is it called something strange?
snow report
So the return PLF must have two codes on it, the code from your ANTIGEN and the code from your day two PCR?
snow report
GURNEY_SLADE wrote:
@richb67 I scanned both mine and my wife's booster QR code using the verificaC19 app and both times it gave a message that a swab is required! No big green OK message.
This is worrying, or am I doing something wrong?

honestly not sure but a couple of questions spring to mind.

did you click ok if you had a 'scarica ora' message ? this seems to update the data used by the app
are you from the UK and using the NHS app to generate the QR code ?
is your date of birth correct in the app ?
is it a new QR code with a validity date in the future ?
Did you choose the 'base' option ? that is the most forgiving
have you tried the second dose QR code ? this might be all you actually need for the superpass depending on when you were jabbed and are going
when did you have your booster ?
snow report
@Sarny, I don't recall putting the antigen code on the UK plf. If +ve, then you can't travel and no need to complete a plf until you can.
The airline checks the fit to fly certificate before allowing you to check in.

The 2 day PCR is required on the plf. Presumably, it is cross referenced electronically in some way if someone has a +ve.
ski holidays
Sarny wrote:
king key wrote:
Sarny wrote:

Thanks, cant see any under £70, is it called something strange?

Amazon may have sold out -- I couldn't find anything (but Amazon search is Sh**)

These are £35

https://coviduk.sourcebioscience.com/
ski holidays
Sarny wrote:
So the return PLF must have two codes on it, the code from your ANTIGEN and the code from your day two PCR?
Only 2-Day test code required for the PLF. You need the antigen cert just to get through to board the plane.

Sorry, didn't know Amazon had sold out, they had them when I ordered one a couple of weeks back.
snow conditions
@king key, I think they were 'swamped' in the run up to Christmas
ski holidays
albob wrote:
@king key, I think they were 'swamped' in the run up to Christmas
I saw what you did there. wink
latest report
Haha Thanks no worries, ill order Randox, I actually got a PLF code with my antigen test from Prentics emailed to me, thats why i found it strange, what on earth is this for then if i dont have to fill in a PLF with my antigen ? Have they sent me something incorrectly?
ski holidays
so I'm just coming out of isolating with the plague and hoping i might get to the slopes in the next few weeks. As I can't see any relevant exemptions I'm assuming I'll still need to do a day2 pcr on return. With a fair chance of a pcr showing positive some weeks after infection what happens if my day2 comes back positive ? do I have to go through the whole isolating procedure again or is anyone aware of a suitable get-out-of-jail card .....

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 4-01-22 13:18; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@nickH, I think that you can do a LFT within 24 hours instead of a PCR within 48.
snow report
@GURNEY_SLADE, if you're using the NHS app to generate the QR code, be sure to ensure you use a travel code, not domestic, and use your latest QR code, whether that's your 2nd jab or booster
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy