Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Latest travel rules for Italy?

Poster: A snowHead
Yes the owner of the apartment has been great - I did stuggle to finish the 1KG Pandoro.
She was messaging just now to see how we were and if we'd made it back. Very nice apartments and reasonably priced in the centre of Aosta too - Alp Apartments Xavier 1 and 2.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's tricky with kids. One really doesn't want them to see their parents gaming the rules; it's a bad "life lesson". OTOH one is much more likely to test positive if travelling with kids...

There have been rare cases of people testing positive for many weeks.

The airlines don't care about your pre return home test, because they don't want the hassle and bad PR of making a potentially whole family to be stuck abroad. IME, they check it in the most cursory manner, with a very quick look at the departure airport.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
IS this super green pass an app i need to get and then load my NHS barcodes into? Im a little confused, thanks.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
No, the NHS vacc certificate is currently equivalent to the SGP. No new app is needed.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's the app the Italian's use to verify your vaccination status; your NHS QR code will work fine with it. You need only your QR code.

Would anyone know when the 2nd dose expires (asking for a non-boosted party member, last jabbed in May'21)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ah, seems from February it's 270 days since your last jab, mandated across EU.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
shuv7 wrote:

@twiceforluck2 My wife and son should have isolated for 7 days. I suspected this but wasn't sure at the time. The people who organised our pcr test and told me we must isolate never asked whether there were others in the apartment. I didn't tell them because i wanted them to be able to go home. I felt that was reasonable given that they had tested negative.

I’ve no idea what I would / will do in similar circumstances so I’m certainly not passing judgement. But…

you think it was reasonable for your wife & son to return home on the basis of a negative test whilst also thinking that your daughter probably caught COVID prior to departure (but tested negative). Understandable but not terribly consistent
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Red Leon, The decision for my wife and son was a difficult one at short notice with many things to consider based on information to me at the time. I thought it was reasonable given they had tested negative. Fair point I might have got that wrong.
I wrote that i thought it was more likely my daughter caught Covid in the uk because there was more covid risk here at school than there was in Italy whilst skiing. I had also had subsequent conversations with people who know more about lateral flow tests for Covid than i do and they have said it takes a few days for it to show. I don't actually know where/when she caught it. My wife and son tested negative on the Day 2 PCR and have tested negative since on lateral flows. My daughter and i did our Day 2 PCRs today. We should get the results tomorrow.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@shuv7, many thanks for sharing your experience. In many ways I feel you made good decisions based on the information you had at the time, with the benefit of hindsight you might have made different choices.
It also seems that you had lovely support from your apartment owners, and kudos to them for supporting your family.
Thanks again for sharing your experience
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
You test negative = you *are* negative by definition. You comply with the requirements. That's how it works. You did the right thing.

To argue otherwise is to stay at home, for ever, or until the "scientific advisers" (who have zero stake in the economy; their salary will always be paid to their bank account even if there was a nuclear war) decide that it is ok for the great unwashed to come out into the open Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ed123 wrote:
@Il_Capitano, if you were so sure why not just do the test like normal people with a backbone?

Having taken an NHS test that was negative, there was a 0.03% chance I had covid. Given this, any subsequent test that came up as positive was far more likely to be a false positive than a true positive.

Therefore, I would be self-isolating not because I had covid, but because the test was faulty.

https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n1411
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Does anyone know please, on entering/ flying to Italy from UK, is it OK if your passenger locator form (the EU/Italy form in english) says STATUS: SUBMITTED ?
Like, it isn't required to say Approved or whatever instead?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just submitted when we last travelled in November
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
once you have complted and submitted the form you should receive a QR code by return within a few minutes.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It is doubtful whether the Italian PLF is integrated with anything whatsoever. I've done a few of them.

The UK PLF doesn't appear to be integrated with any flights etc; it seems to merely create an entry in the track & trace database which triggers the "Indian call centre activity" for any mandatory-isolation people, until the Day 2 test comes back negative. Even when Day 5 etc tests were required, it stopped following you when Day 2 came back negative.
snow report
@shuv7, interesting thanks.
Who was your insurance with ?
latest report
Are you required to wear ffp2 masts on lifts or will blue surgical ones suffice?
latest report
@scoman, rules are.here

https://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en/home

Ffp2 required.
snow report
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
@scoman, rules are.here

https://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en/home

Ffp2 required.

Thanks, looks like standard chairlifts are surgical and all other enclosed lifts ffp2

What type of mask is needed?
To access closed lifts (cable cars, gondolas and chairlifts with canopy) a FFP2 mask is compulsory from the age of 6.
ski holidays
Is that for all of Italy?

The website does not mention Cervinia. And 2 weeks ago masks were applicable only for closed areas (closed lifts).

The ski pass validation website is also new.
https://superski.greenpass.ax/
When did this come in, and is it for all of Italy?

In Cervinia they were (sporadically) checking the queue buying the lift passes, for their QR code, but there was no daily activation, which makes sense because your QR code will hardly expire during the week.

Current rules for the Cervinia region:
https://www.cervinia.it/en/news/norme-covid
snow report
In the Milky Way region over Xmas, they were only attempting to enforce mask wearing on gondolas, with sporadic checking of vaccination status.

In fact, it was so quiet that my partner and I managed to go the whole week without once sharing either a chairlift or gondola. People were generally very respectful and patient in not just jumping on the first available seat in the lift queues.

They were not enforcing any restrictions re FFP2 masks v surgical masks, but then we wear FFP2 masks as a matter of course as surgical ones offer little/no protection to you or anyone else.
ski holidays
We've made the decision to move our French trip on the 15th to Cervinia so I now need to get my head around what's required for Italy. We fly into Geneva which complicates things a little further. I need to read up on this thread, and the official web pages, but my starting point is that I'll need:

- Certified LFT less than 24 hours before entry - usable for both Italy and Switzerland
- Swiss PLF
- Italian PLF
- Certified LFT less than 2 days on return to UK
- Day 2 PCR test booked
- English PLF

Is that about right?? Seriously confusing at the moment!
snow conditions
Handy Turnip wrote:
We've made the decision to move our French trip on the 15th to Cervinia so I now need to get my head around what's required for Italy. We fly into Geneva which complicates things a little further. I need to read up on this thread, and the official web pages, but my starting point is that I'll need:

- Certified LFT less than 24 hours before entry - usable for both Italy and Switzerland
- Swiss PLF
- Italian PLF
- Certified LFT less than 2 days on return to UK
- Day 2 PCR test booked
- English PLF

Is that about right?? Seriously confusing at the moment!

I'm off to Cervinia tomorrow but I'm flying into Turin.

I've got 24hour certified lft for outbound flight, Italian PLF, copies of my booster QR, certified lft for return and a day2 PCR booked with the booking ref which you'll need to input into the UK PLF 48hours before return flight.

I'll let you know if I run into trouble.
ski holidays
Cheers @tomb, let us know how you get on. Sounds like I'm on the right lines at least!
snow report
When should I submit my plf for Italy?, not going until the 15th jan but was wondering when is the best time to do it.
snow report
Il_Capitano wrote:
ed123 wrote:
@Il_Capitano, if you were so sure why not just do the test like normal people with a backbone?

Having taken an NHS test that was negative, there was a 0.03% chance I had covid. Given this, any subsequent test that came up as positive was far more likely to be a false positive than a true positive.

Therefore, I would be self-isolating not because I had covid, but because the test was faulty.

https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n1411

Would have taken exactly the same actions, so please don’t take this as a personal criticism, but this being snowHeads and home of the pedant ….

Your assumption isn’t correct on your pre-test probability, is it - being in close proximity of someone who has tested positive for Covid for an extended period of time (I’m assuming) takes that number up from 0.05% to something much higher. To be clear, I’ve no idea what the number is, but would take a stab at 20-40% given the anecdotal experience and spread of omicron. In those scenarios, that takes your post test probability up to 8-18%. Like I say, would not change my course of action if I was in your shoes.

It’s a really nice tool you’ve found though, and a great illustration of visualising probabilities using natural frequencies (great book ‘Reckoning with Risk’ by Gird Gigerenzer if anyone is interested in reading more on the subject).

Edit: my mistake - I had muddled up @Il_Capitano with another poster, and they hadn’t been in close proximity to anyone - hence their pre-test assumptions were in fact correct.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sun 2-01-22 10:58; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
rizzotherock wrote:
When should I submit my plf for Italy?, not going until the 15th jan but was wondering when is the best time to do it.

in most cases, you can't do it until 24 or 48 hours before arrival.

The Swiss one wanted your seat number, which you can't get until you check in, but you can complete the rest of the form 48 hours before. You can't print a copy, or get the confirmation code until it is completed.

The Uk didn't need the seat number, but can only complete 24 hours before.

Not sure what details needed for Italy, but would expect similar time limits. I suppose this is to ensure details are correct in the case of last minute changes.
snow conditions
@brianatab, cheers for that
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sorry if it’s already covered above, but does anyone know the requirements for this scenario (presuming France lifts restrictions by 15/1, as is being suggested), for this 16/1 arrival please? TO package flying to Turin, transit to France for a week in Serre Chevalier. Of course, if the restrictions aren’t lifted, we’re expecting it to be cancelled. TIA
snow report
@tomb, can I ask - are there any questions on the Italian PLF that might cause problems?

We are thinking of a last-minute trip having missed out on France, but can't see the PLF questions in advance (you have to work through the web interface). We all got an infection before Christmas, so obviously we are not talking about travel before the end of the last self-isolation period, but that timing follows UK rules not Italian ones and we don't want to find that they consider us risks for rather longer.

Thanks, and good luck.
snow conditions
Sorry an other question re Italian PLF
We fly into Austria and then bus to Arabba
Do we put the flight info as the main details?
If I tick it as an intermediate flight I cant seem to get to put in the bus transfer details
Anyone else done one recently?

Realise as I fly into Austria I need a PCR test on way there

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 1-01-22 16:19; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Any recommendation for a quick and decent priced PCR/antigen test in Cervinia?
ski holidays
Garfield wrote:
Sorry an other question re Italian PLF
We fly into Austria and then bus to Arabba
Do we put the flight info as the main details?
If I tick it as an intermediate flight I cant seem to get to put in the bus transfer details
Anyone else done one recently?

Likewise, we fly into INNS and taxi to Selva.
latest report
brianatab wrote:
rizzotherock wrote:

in most cases, you can't do it until 24 or 48 hours before arrival.

The Swiss one wanted your seat number, which you can't get until you check in, but you can complete the rest of the form 48 hours before. You can't print a copy, or get the confirmation code until it is completed.

The Uk didn't need the seat number, but can only complete 24 hours before.

Not sure what details needed for Italy, but would expect similar time limits. I suppose this is to ensure details are correct in the case of last minute changes.

I submitted mine a few days ago for a flight on the 9th and it seems ok (I received confirmation email and QR code afterwards). Seat number was optional. As was passport number etc. Probably worth trying it now.
ski holidays
@j b, No questions regarding covid on the PLF. They basically want to know personal details, transport details (departure/arrival date and times, flight number etc), your eventual destination details (Hotel, airbnb etc) and any other areas you've travelled through getting to your holiday.

Randox gets my vote for f2f LFT. The process was simple using their phone app and I got the pass certificate back within minutes. Hopefully there are no problems with said certificate at the gates tomorrow.
ski holidays
@twiceforluck2, cheers, just submitted it and likewise received an email and qr code
snow report
@tomb, thanks that is helpful.
ski holidays
Garfield wrote:

Luckily it appears that if you’re transiting straight out of Austria you don’t need the PCR, so the LFT required for Italy will suffice.

See section 7 of Austria’s entry requirements here https://www.bmk.gv.at/en/service/entry-requirements.html

Quote:
7. general exemptions, regardless of where these people come from, apply to (no PCR-/LAMP-/TMA-test for SARS-CoV-2 necessary, no quarantine, no registration):
a. to maintain goods and passenger traffic (crews), if the destination country
is not Austria, the exit must be ensured,
b. exclusively for compelling reasons of animal care or for agricultural and
forestry measures in individual cases,
c. in the context of the implementation of a professional transfer trip / a
professional transfer flight,
d. in the imperative interest of the Republic of Austria,
e. transit passengers or the transit through Austria without a stopover, which
is also the case with only essential interruptions, if departure is guaranteed,

f. the crew of a repatriation trip / a repatriation flight including the
accompanying organs of the public security service,

So you just need some kind of guarantee you’ll be leaving Austria, which I’m assuming a booking in Italy would act as.

This also fits with Crystal’s advice - see their useful PDF here: https://www.crystalski.co.uk/resources/content/wp-content/uploads/Travel-local-COVID-19-requirements-311221-at-1629.pdf

Saying that, I’ll be travelling with Crystal to Italy this month via Austria, so am presuming the TUI staff checking documents will be aware of this. A different airline may only see you flying to Austria and decide you need the PCR, so may be worth getting it anyway if you can.

I’m in a bit of a limbo though in that I’ve had covid in mid-December and so could potentially test positive on a PCR due to non-transmissible residual/low-levels of the virus that linger in the system. This means there is a reasonable chance my UK Day 2 PCR would show a positive result even though I can’t have it in theory for 3 months. Has anyone else had this issue and found a workaround especially given many countries require a PCR for entry? Praying Italy don’t tighten up their rules to require one in the next few weeks.
ski holidays
rizzotherock wrote:

We’re off on the 23rd & I’ve already done ours all but submitting it. It saves it all for you until you’re ready to press the button so you can get a jump start on your admin when you like.

Unlike the UK one - this can’t be done early apart from setting up the account in advance as it’s a major faff. At least then you don’t have to redo passport info etc when doing it before your return.
latest report
Chuckles3 wrote:
rizzotherock wrote:

We’re off on the 23rd & I’ve already done ours all but submitting it. It saves it all for you until you’re ready to press the button so you can get a jump start on your admin when you like.

Unlike the UK one - this can’t be done early apart from setting up the account in advance as it’s a major faff. At least then you don’t have to redo passport info etc when doing it before your return.

Are you sure you can't do it early? I have done it ahead and generated a QR code, seems to be ok. Struggled to find guidance of when to submit the PLF for Italy, it was clearer for other countries.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy