Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France off the cards, where next!?

Poster: A snowHead
Nick M wrote:
Drove through France yesterday evening, Dover ferry into Calais, no problem.
They didn't even ask for proof of vaccination (just a negative Covid test result)

Was driving around UK a lot the day before , so not been checking the news etc.

So, er - what's everybody talking about? What have I missed hearing in the meantime?

Did you get your Covid pass sorted before you went?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ryunis wrote:
Nobody has a crystal ball obviously, but what are people's gut feelings about how long the travel ban will last?

I'm confident we will be able to travel again by late Winter. The speed at which Omicron is spreading should mean that the wave peaks and troughs more quickly imo. As tragic as that may turn out to be.
That's the expectation.

Omicron will be dominant on the Continent in January, the ban is only there to slow its entrance down as much as possible while countries battle with a Delta wave.

Now obviously things might turn out differently, who knows - we've not finished the Greek alphabet yet.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
patrick! wrote:
Ryunis wrote:
Nobody has a crystal ball obviously, but what are people's gut feelings about how long the travel ban will last?

I'm confident we will be able to travel again by late Winter. The speed at which Omicron is spreading should mean that the wave peaks and troughs more quickly imo. As tragic as that may turn out to be.
That's the expectation.

Omicron will be dominant on the Continent in January, the ban is only there to slow its entrance down as much as possible while countries battle with a Delta wave.

Now obviously things might turn out differently, who knows - we've not finished the Greek alphabet yet.

Laughing

We’ve got some Greek guests here at the moment, I’ll ask them what comes after Omicron… Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Cacciatore, good old Pi comes next.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Hells Bells, with an R rate of 3.14159265359 Cool
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Cacciatore wrote:
We’ve got some Greek guests here at the moment, I’ll ask them what comes after Omicron… Toofy Grin
Don't they believe vita comes after alpha though? Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great gag BoardieK
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BoardieK wrote:

Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BoardieK wrote:

: Very Happy D
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
sugarmoma666 wrote:

Yes I had it with me, I was just saying they didn't ask for it.

Caught up with what's been happening now. - Looks like I only just made it out in the nick of time and purely by chance...... Phew. Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BoardieK wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing . I set 'em up, you knock 'em in.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nick M wrote:
sugarmoma666 wrote:

Caught up with what's been happening now. - Looks like I only just made it out in the nick of time and purely by chance...... Phew. Happy

You'll be asked for it every time you go into a restaurant or bar in my experience.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Cacciatore, Excellent!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sugarmoma666 wrote:
Nick M wrote:
sugarmoma666 wrote:

You'll be asked for it every time you go into a restaurant or bar in my experience.

I'm now in Germany and that's happening here for sure. But that's no new thing, that's been going on for months, (even photographic ID required in the likes of Starbucks etc).
I was surprised the French authorities didn't want to see it (vaccine passport) when I just took the Ferry across from Dover to Calais though.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We booked through a travel company...so can't cancel and go to another country until France decides to extend the ban until end of ski season, ..so expecting our travel company to cancel on us a week before we are due to go..leaving us not chance to find alternative to another country..so hoping at least my trip to Canada still goes ahead in January.. after this I'm not keen to go to France skiing again..back to Italy for me
ski holidays
yorkshirelad wrote:
We booked through a travel company...so can't cancel and go to another country until France decides to extend the ban until end of ski season, ..so expecting our travel company to cancel on us a week before we are due to go..leaving us not chance to find alternative to another country..so hoping at least my trip to Canada still goes ahead in January.. after this I'm not keen to go to France skiing again..back to Italy for me

Yup, my thoughts to...the way Macron is stuffing the Brits is really Confused Confused Confused me off atm.

Whilst he may have a political grievance with Johnson seems to me he's barking up the wrong tree with his own countrymen & their allies the Brits...we will vote with our feet & wallets rolling eyes

I am seriously considering blocking France from my itinerary Shocked
snow conditions
I’ve got flights booked for mid March to LYS, for what was hopefully a cheap week away on my own. I’m going to leave it until nearer the date atm but may change to TRN and bring the week forward.
Reading the papers and seeing a news report this evening, the lack of UK travellers is going to hurt the French resorts over a peak period, surely vaccinated Certs and PCR tests before travel would have been sufficient measures.
snow report
Macron will be a distant memory long before my friends and neighbours in Serre Chevalier.
snow report
yorkshirelad wrote:

If you expect your TO will cancel your holiday anyway, you can just go ahead and book other destination. Just have to make sure it's fully refundable. But you would want to do that anyway in these uncertain times, right?
snow conditions
I tell you what, with the amount of people now never going back to France again because of the actions of their leader.....I can't wait to get out there and enjoy the empty pistes and traditionally superb French hospitality.

I mean really....some of you need to get a chuffing grip. Judging AN ENTIRE COUNTRY by the actions of their leader......isn't there a phrase for this....those in glass houses or similar?
latest report
Fridge03 wrote:
I tell you what, with the amount of people now never going back to France again because of the actions of their leader.....I can't wait to get out there and enjoy the empty pistes and traditionally superb French hospitality.

I mean really....some of you need to get a chuffing grip. Judging AN ENTIRE COUNTRY by the actions of their leader......isn't there a phrase for this....those in glass houses or similar?

Guess from your post that you are not caught up in this financial situation then...

To be fair, I have suggested that in my opinion this is a tit for tat dispute between Macron & Johnson, not the French nation.

However, I have stated that imo this will hit the French economy, which Macron should be mindful of, but hey, I am not a banker, just someone who was prepared to spend euros and if this is the way I feel, so be it.
snow report
Hay does anyone have a real report about Sking in the Alps after Christmas December 28 through January....
Like where the best deals are due to low occupancy. Im looking for a great a great family Place with ski pass included. I’m starting to see price reductions..... any comment? Not to picky... Italy, Austria,France or Switzerland.... Possibly a month rental
snow report
I can't wait for people to blame the French president for the German ban.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59715820

We should stop thinking the UK (or even BoJo) is so high on France's agenda. It's not, at least since 1860. Let's move on too, shall we?

There's a global pandemic, countries take extreme measures to protect themselves - Britain bans South Africa, France bans Britain, then Germany bans Britain (and France, despite both being in the EU mind you).
ski holidays
@psenior1, I booked hotel Samokov in Borovets 2/1/22 through Crystal for myself and my 12yo newbie twins.

Flights, transfers, Hb, 3 x lift passes, 3 x ski hire, 3 x lessons - £1500.

Chances of it happening are superlatively slim, but you never know.
snow report
@marodo2712, fingers crossed for both of us, like you I’m not expecting it to happen, but there’s still a chance. Not stayed in the Samokov myself, but if memory serves its super close to the lifts.

We’re due to fly on the 26th, we were thinking of heading out a couple of days earlier but the price of flights have gone right up the last couple of days.
ski holidays
@marodo2712, the Samokov is a big old hotel from days of old, big rooms with balconies but thin walls and noisy at times, the food is just about ok but the hotel is in a fanatic spot opposite the gondola and a short walk to the mom chair lift and has some decent facilities.

A good budget choice

Good snow out there at the moment
snow report
@rayscoops, Yay!

I knew it was old, and had many dreadful reviews, but I'm only after bed and breakfast really, just something cold, snowy and cheap (sounds like my ex partner!!!), we'll probably eat out most nights.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy