Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2021/22 Christmas & New Year drive down - live chat

Poster: A snowHead
Crit Air Cert. ( I need a new one)

And make sure your toll doofer is in the vehicle. (mine is currently sat in a drawer having been exchanged recently due to a dying battery).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Usual trip over for us leave 06:00 Tunnel then Montalbert at 20:00 snowHead

Had a dream last night the EU has bought in Quarantine for Brits from 00:01 Saturday so we left Friday and got into Calais at one minute before Mid night then straight to Novotel for the night Laughing

Well that now looks like a premonition! Lets hope the second bit doesn't come to fruition at any point Shocked

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 16-12-21 18:07; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just on tunnel now

Excalibur tests were scrutinised and accepted by the border control. Had to show all tests and vaccine certificates.

Flexiplus lanes are all open and functioning again. Mini Yule logs and Santa cakes in the lounge Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great thread. Driving Xmas eve from Plymouth. Tunnel 12ish. Overnight in Dijon. La Rosiere by lunchtime Xmas day if all to plan.
This thread has already reminded me I need a UK sticker !
Oh and just remembered headlight converters….time to head to eBay
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Ah! the pleasure of having a car with high intensity headlights. These adjust automatically based on the GPS input. The previous ones adjucted to driving on the right by pressing a button.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
BoardieK wrote:
Leaving tomorrow afternoon now, a day early, we were hanging on for the dogs health certificate but that is now ready to collect in the morning.

I couldn't bear the thought of anything changing in the last 24 hours.

snap and if my kids are feeling it I'm staying out there for a third week. don't know what the rest of the season holds
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Currently sat at the Tunnel, having just missed our booked crossing due to M25 traffic. Only one crossing an hour so an hour late now.

Did our LFT (nx healthcare - £12) this morning, results took about 3 hrs to come through via email. Uploaded them, plus API and sworn statements for 5 of us - two boosted adults, one double jabbed 18 yr old and single jabbed 16 & 13 yr olds.

Drove up to Tunnel check-in, machine chucked out a hanger, nobody checked anything but passports, car was picked for a swab, so all seems to have been pretty painless so far.

Next stop is Ibis in Troyes, then a crack of dawn depart tomorrow for shopping and more LFTs for the teens in Bourg, then onto Tignes for tomorrow eve. Hopefully…

Will keep you posted!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Susang73 wrote:
So we leave on 25th. Checklist so far.

Folder for each person with copies of all paperwork.
All tests booked and delivered, randox app downloaded. In person LFT booked for 14YO on 24th, vidéo LFT booked for 25th to get us in the hotel.
In resort tests pre- booked at La Plagne pharnacy

Will be checking the driving threads to make sure I haven't missed anything

how did you book tests in la plagne ? i cant fathom out how to book in la plage ?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We will be leaving home in Bucks to get on a v early eurotunnel Sunday morning, drive through the day (11 and 14 year olds will watch films most of the way!), and then stay in Bourg St M overnight in a great little hotel we have used a few times before (Autantic). Then lazy start, head up the mountain to Arc 1950 on Monday morning, hoping to arrive late morning.

Everything pretty much ready, but can’t upload docs to Eurotunnel until after test results on Saturday. LFTs x4, sworn statements x4, vaccine proof x2 adults.
What’s the API mentioned in the post above?

Got to get the car washed before we put the roof box on Sat - such filthy roads at the moment!!

Any recommendations for a hotel to stop in on the way back (31st Dec)? We have used Ibis Troyes before but wondering if there is anywhere else to consider especially as it will be NY Eve? Tunnel booked for lunch time on Sat 1st Jan.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
johnE wrote:
Quote:

Ah! the pleasure of having a car with high intensity headlights. These adjust automatically based on the GPS input. The previous ones adjucted to driving on the right by pressing a button.

whats your thought on the supposed mandatory spare bulb kit...all our lights are LED. cant carry spare bulbs. suppose i could carry a spare headlight...they are only £3000 each Eh oh!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@X5OT76, API = advance passenger information, you have to give eurotunnel (or any travel carrier for that matter) the passport details of all the passengers in your car before departure
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
backhojo wrote:
Susang73 wrote:
So we leave on 25th. Checklist so far.

Folder for each person with copies of all paperwork.
All tests booked and delivered, randox app downloaded. In person LFT booked for 14YO on 24th, vidéo LFT booked for 25th to get us in the hotel.
In resort tests pre- booked at La Plagne pharnacy

Will be checking the driving threads to make sure I haven't missed anything

how did you book tests in la plagne ? i cant fathom out how to book in la plage ?

Go to the La Plagne tourist office Web page and there are two links. Pm me if you want more details as don't want to turn this thread into another discussion on covid testing Eh oh!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rainman wrote:
Currently sat at the Tunnel, having just missed our booked crossing due to M25 traffic. Only one crossing an hour so an hour late now.

Did our LFT (nx healthcare - £12) this morning, results took about 3 hrs to come through via email. Uploaded them, plus API and sworn statements for 5 of us - two boosted adults, one double jabbed 18 yr old and single jabbed 16 & 13 yr olds.

Drove up to Tunnel check-in, machine chucked out a hanger, nobody checked anything but passports, car was picked for a swab, so all seems to have been pretty painless so far.

Next stop is Ibis in Troyes, then a crack of dawn depart tomorrow for shopping and more LFTs for the teens in Bourg, then onto Tignes for tomorrow eve. Hopefully…

Will keep you posted!

I am wondering why the NX tests are half the price of other providers. as you didnt get your certificates checked then we know if they are accepted for entry to france. do you have evidence of other people using them for france , having them checked and getting in ok ?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Saturday pack clothes in car. Remind husband to do screen wash. Drag roof box off garage shelf. Have argument over which buggy to take. Find the Peter Rabbit DVDs and hide the Peppa Pig ones - its for the best. Change date on the same French honour statement we have been carrying for months.

Sunday morning@ 10ish wait for husband to do screen wash then throw kids in car, pack two flasks of coffee, stop at bakery for walnut twist pastries, argue over podcasts after Mr NN confesses to having listened to all of them already. Hit the road. Fall asleep before Soloturn. Into McDonalds drivethrough at Montreux, sail through the border and then into Morzine by 2pm.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
terrygasson wrote:
@X5OT76, API = advance passenger information, you have to give eurotunnel (or any travel carrier for that matter) the passport details of all the passengers in your car before departure

Ah, yes, thank you! Already done that bit!
ski holidays
@X5OT76, no worries, hope you have a good journey and ski trip. am going to the 3valleys on saturday morning, am flying out this time, but I normally drive and really look forward to the journey, its part of the holiday for me!!!
snow report
"We've got a red warning light, not looking good" exclaimed my wife as we were about to leave Exeter services a few minutes ago, my heart sank.

We' bought the motorhome in 2009 and have driven 72,000 miles all over Europe, mostly with Mrs Boardiek at the wheel.

I rush to the cab and look over her shoulder at the dash, a wave of relief floods over me, "It's the handbrake darling!" rolling eyes rolling eyes

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 15-12-21 22:21; edited 1 time in total
snow report
No one mentioned snowmageddon yet?
Sorry just envious of you all Madeye-Smiley
snow report
boredsurfin wrote:

Had a dream last night the EU has bought in Quarantine for Brits from 00:01 Saturday

Burn the witch! (OK. it's only France so far but we can't be too careful)
snow report
You might all want to check the BBC news. Entry ban coming from UK to France
snow conditions
@backhojo, we were recommended them by a friend, who also used them to fly to Paris. Don’t know why it’s so cheap, but they are on the govt approved list.

Just seen the news re: quarantine. Blimey.
snow report
Moved crossing to Friday afternoon, fudge them all.
snow report
See the French travel restrictions thread - really bad news. Sad
snow report
Gutted. And no non-essential travel.
snow conditions
Not all is lost it seems, Friday tunnel is selling out fast. We are booked for 19:30 - will be departing right after school and taking first available train

If they close the lifts, so be it - will have to learn touring. We are not missing this winter, decision made.
snow conditions
Oleski wrote:
Not all is lost it seems, Friday tunnel is selling out fast. We are booked for 19:30 - will be departing right after school and taking first available train

If they close the lifts, so be it - will have to learn touring. We are not missing this winter, decision made.

I'd hope that any further restrictions wouldn't come in straight away so would think you'll at least get a few good days in - plus it'll be quieter without everyone who would have come from the UK on Saturday.

Bon glisse!
ski holidays
At eurotunnel check in booths. Going slow as people have rushed to travel and not fully prepared.
snow report
Best of luck to all making a break for it to beat the deadline, Chapeau !!

And for those unable to, really feel for you.

Patron of a restaurant up the Mountain was horrified when we told him as he knows how good the Brits are for business.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cant you sail to Belgium & just drive over the border?
snow report
@BoardieK, good luck and please keep us posted, especially if the French border control demand more than the current rules prescribe.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Thu 16-12-21 16:43; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Oleski wrote:
Moved crossing to Friday afternoon, fudge them all.
Good for you, hope it all works out.
snow conditions
@Oleski, once we cleared the lorry queue and the check in booths it was fairly quiet. French border control wanted passports, vaccination status (used TAC app on phones) and certificate of negative covid test (which I had printed out). Very jolly, I think he is looking forwards to a weekend off.
On the train now an hour early. Feel for those not getting away.
snow report
Absolutely gutted here - due to travel Sunday morning. Roll on Easter hols.
ski holidays
boredsurfin wrote:
Usual trip over for us leave 06:00 Tunnel then Montalbert at 20:00 snowHead

Had a dream last night the EU has bought in Quarantine for Brits from 00:01 Saturday so we left Friday and got into Calais at one minute before Mid night then straight to Novotel for the night Laughing

Well that now looks like a premonition! Lets hope the second bit doesn't come to fruition at any point Shocked
snow conditions
We’ve just crossed. Swift drive from Edinburgh, left this morning at 0800, checked in at tunnel 1605 and switched to earlier train (the 1650). Now sitting in the Calais Ibis with beer and crisps.

I’d uploaded all paperwork last night to the Eurotunnel booking; no one wanted to see anything other than our passports at both borders. No random pcr test on entry (and no evidence of anyone else being hit for that).

Let’s see how the return goes in a few weeks…

Good luck to everyone crossing tomorrow! And commiserations to those who can’t make it. Can’t quite believe we’re here…first trip south of Kelso in nearly two years - I’m struggling to remember how to speak French.
snow report
we were always booked to come down on Thursday. My wife is Polish with Polish Passport. We had no drama coming through. French passport dude said after looking at our passports "have a good time in Poland" I replied "we're skiing in France" he replied "have a good time there then" only looked at passports and that was it. very chilled out and laid back
snow conditions
We were originally booked to cross on Sunday, which we moved to Friday earlier this week as was getting nervous about the situation. We changed again to Thursday 17:50 crossing as soon as the news broke in the morning and opted for flexipass as was expecting chaos and has not yet packed. c19 tests and photos were submitted at 9am and we received our negative certificates by 11. We were expecting a queue on the m20 and Eurotunnel but we sailed through. Non-flexipass did not look too bad at all. The French guard asked to see vax and test certificates. Was quite a slow drive from tunnel to our overnight stop at Novotel Reims due to thick fog patches. Good luck to everyone who are able to getaway today.
snow report
@Ozboy, we were on that train, all smooth so far, south of Dijon now
snow report
Congratulations and good luck to all of you recourceful people who managed to change your travel arrangements at such short notice.
We admire your organisational skills. There must have been "Don't panic, Mr Mainwaring" moments.

It was bad enough getting it all together a week ago. We doff our hats/ bonnets to you. Blue skies and lovely snow await you
snow report
@Jonpim, +1
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy