Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

transit in geneva

Poster: A snowHead
does anyone know if transit to france when landing in geneva? ive had a quick scan but cant seem to find a definitive answer........ its for a couple of mates you are supposed to be flying on the 10th.....

cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's been mentioned that people not residents of Switzerland have been removed from Geneva bound flights recently.

Other than that it's as clear as mud at the moment.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Plenty of discussion on other threads….but nobody knows yet. Eg. See the PSB thread
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Maybe try this website? https://www.traveldoc.aero/ seems each airline also has a dedicated page, ie KLM https://klm.traveldoc.aero/ I checked some flights transitting through Schipol and it was quite helpful
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
People have been blocked this morning from boarding a flight to GVA to visit friends in Morzine. I’d say transit is off unless you are an EU/ French resident.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
People have been blocked this morning from boarding a flight to GVA to visit friends in Morzine. I’d say transit is off unless you are an EU/ French resident.

Is there any proof of this? Im due to travel to Geneva in a couple of days. Supposed to be staying in CH but could reroute to FR if transit is allowed.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Is there any proof of this?

I'd say that @Nadenoodlee is a reliable witness!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@tomb, EU resident is officially allowed, so I’d be surprised if they’re being removed.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@NewSkiingDad, yes someone is stood at Heathrow and not at Geneva - you’re welcome to pop down and see. Call your airline.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Is there any proof of this?

I'd say that @Nadenoodlee is a reliable witness!!

I dont know Nadenoodle and Im not insulting her by asking for proof but a lot of mis-information and anecdotal "evidence" is presented as fact in times like this when there is a lack of clarity.

Has this happened to her personally? Someone she knows? Something she has read on Twitter etc?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
@NewSkiingDad, yes someone is stood at Heathrow and not at Geneva - you’re welcome to pop down and see. Call your airline.

Iv spoken with Easyjet and they dont have this information. There is a lot of info out there that is based on hearsay and assumptions hence trying (desperately) for some clarity.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just heard that friends booked to go to Geneva (skiing in France) tomorrow have rescheduled flight to Lyon instead as if they were to go to Geneva they would have to have had a PCR test and self isolate there for 10 days.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
From the Gov website - You are eligible to enter Switzerland for any travel purpose if you are fully vaccinated and can show adequate proof (detailed below). From 27 November 2021, in addition to the requirements below, you must show a negative COVID-19 test result and self-quarantine for 10 days. More detail will follow as the Swiss Government make further announcements.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@NewSkiingDad, good luck!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Oh and not surprisingly the flights from Lyon have risen substantially.
latest report
Arriving on Swiss flight from LHR to Geneva on 04 December and going straight to Val Thorens, France by coach.

Does anyone have any information re transit only rules, please? I know a negative PCR test is required pre flight.
snow report
Phil Smith the instructor who runs courses has posted on facebook that he is awaiting numerous guests flying into Geneva today and will post the outcome as soon as it is known.
ski holidays
ajc2260626 wrote:
does anyone know if transit to france when landing in geneva? ive had a quick scan but cant seem to find a definitive answer........ its for a couple of mates you are supposed to be flying on the 10th.....

cheers

Just got this from Swiss(air):

Only the following passengers are allowed to board direct flights from the United Kingdom to Switzerland:

Nationals of Switzerland and EEA members states and their families
Residents of Switzerland and Liechtenstein
Residents of Schengen Member states, returning to their country of residence
Holders of a Visa Type D for Switzerland
ski holidays
@skilegs,
Morzine resident Friend at Edinburgh airport now was only allowed to board flight to GVA with her French residency. Transit is off unless you fulfil the requirements @telford_mike, states above. I don’t think even the border police etc are clear!

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 28-11-21 12:10; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@Nadenoodlee, I was denied boarding in August because my vaccination papers "didn't look right" ...
ski holidays
@under a new name, well your reputation precedes you Laughing

I feel very sorry for people with holiday plans, and businesses in the Alps. What a shitty weekend.
latest report
Makes transfers to the Portes Du Soleil far less convenient if people change destination airports and that's before you consider how busy Chambery and Lyon get on Saturday and Sundays without people going to that area to begin with.
ski holidays
@Nadenoodlee, yes.
ski holidays
skilegs wrote:
Arriving on Swiss flight from LHR to Geneva on 04 December and going straight to Val Thorens, France by coach.

Does anyone have any information re transit only rules, please? I know a negative PCR test is required pre flight.

We're doing same on the Sunday. 10 day quarantine even if going straight into France. Trying to rebook into French airport. Official info in link below. Sad

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=157227&start=40#4862166
ski holidays
I’m supposed to be going to Chamonix on the 11th. Tempted to switch my flight from Geneva to Lyon but suspect France may follow and I would just be wasting more money
snow report
brownie wrote:
I’m supposed to be going to Chamonix on the 11th. Tempted to switch my flight from Geneva to Lyon but suspect France may follow and I would just be wasting more money

I would wait until tomorrow;

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/

Important: new measures will come into effect as of 29/11/2021.

Please check the page after this date for the details.
In any event, please consult the latest travel advice before travelling.
ski holidays
reassuringly, the French writer has got the number wrong Puzzled rolling eyes
snow report
Thanks! Fingers crossed
Quote:

I would wait until tomorrow;

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/

Important: new measures will come into effect as of 29/11/2021.

Please check the page after this date for the details.
In any event, please consult the latest travel advice before travelling.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ajc2260626 wrote:

cheers

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/switzerland - was updated ~1h ago:

Updated:28 November 2021
Latest update:
Updated information on entry requirements for arrivals from the UK. From 8pm on 27 November 2021, you must have proof of vaccination and proof of a negative COVID-19 test result to enter Switzerland, which can be a PCR or antigen test. On entry, you must also self-quarantine for 10 days. Those arriving from UK who wish to transit to another country will need to self-quarantine in Switzerland for 10 days. (‘Summary’ and ‘Entry requirements’) pages.
snow conditions
That’s that then !
snow conditions
And yet the official Swiss sites still say transit is ok ....
ski holidays
This says otherwise

https://www.sem.admin.ch/sem/en/home/sem/aktuell/faq-einreiseverweigerung.html#1668147653
latest report
What about transit from France to fly to the U.K. from Geneva?

It’s less than 10 days since I was in U.K. so what happens?
latest report
We are heading to Flaine via GVA on 12th Dec. (Very) Hopefully things will have settled down a bit by then. Would the option of exiting GVA on the French side be too simple?
ski holidays
On the rocks wrote:
We are heading to Flaine via GVA on 12th Dec. (Very) Hopefully things will have settled down a bit by then. Would the option of exiting GVA on the French side be too simple?

For Covid purposes, the french side is still Switzerland, so no, unfortunately.
snow conditions
telford_mike wrote:

Just got this from Swiss(air):

Only the following passengers are allowed to board direct flights from the United Kingdom to Switzerland:

Nationals of Switzerland and EEA members states and their families
Residents of Switzerland and Liechtenstein
Residents of Schengen Member states, returning to their country of residence
Holders of a Visa Type D for Switzerland

That may be the official status but those EzJet Mellon Farmers refused Mrs WoC to board the Bristol flight today, despite her being a resident of a schengen state returning to her country of residence.

They would only re-book her on a flight to France, so I have just had to go to GVA to recover the car from the car park (without a ticket), and tomorrow night i will have a 5-6 hr round trip to Lyon getting back about 2AM.

Wnakers.
ski holidays
Oh FFS @WindOfChange, i hope a swift and traffic free route to Lyon
snow conditions
And this is all because Switzerland are banning all countries that have detected the Omicron variant?

What will happen when Switzerland start to show cases (as surely will happen)
ski holidays
@Nadenoodlee, Thanks - here's hoping Smile
snow conditions
Wonder how much of this has to do woth today’s Swiss referendum? Scare the one’s the fence to support Covid measured?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy