Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Welt Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
Just looking some advice in picking which bit of the ski Welt to do. I've got a free day tomorrow, I'm coming from Kitzbuhel and fancied having a ski round a bit of the ski Welt. I'm looking for on piste cruising, red run skiing really. It's just a day trip, so I wondered where to park an easily access some fun terrain. Thanks very much
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@grumpygargoyle, I think the best run in the area is the long red from Choralpe back to Brixen. There is a "black" section in the middle which can be avoided with a path diversion. This section can get icy when snow is in short supply as it has been in the past few weeks. The run back to Brixen on the other side is inevitably in poor condition, even after fresh snow, best avoided by the less than confident (if the long blue to the edge of the village is open that is much better but I doubt it will be at the moment as it needs a good amount of natural snow). The runs down to Ellmau are good, the red part has some steeper bits and there is a black section towards the top, easier options too. The black pistes (nothing too steep or difficult) from Brandstadl towards Scheffau are nice but best done before the the "home" rush starts. The run down to Aualm usually has good snow, there are often some easy moguls (ie not big & icy) just above the restaurant by the lift station.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks very much, I'm going to try and make it over there tomorrow!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@munich_irish, i agree that's a great run. I was in ski welt mid Dec found it a bit icy and it doesn't get much sunshine (but that can be an advantage too).

Attached a variation on the south facing side of that mountain I really liked. Not steep but you can carve all the way listening to your favourite tunes.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you both, had a fun day skiing around Brixen on the side you suggested.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy