Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UK passport stamping at borders

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My Mother spent almost 40 years travelling after Father departed. At one time, she had 3 concurrent passports, with all sorts of weird and wonderful stamps and visas from various countries that didn't like each other. They made great watermarks on her Funeral Service order a couple of years ago.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@DK1NV,
Yes, add Rhodesia to the list of countries with "official pieces of paper".
My uncle used to have problems going to Nigeria for work - it always cost him (or his expenses!) £20 or more each time in the 1970's.
One of his colleagues asked if he had an Irish passport - yes - why don't you use that?
From the on on he used his Irish passport with neither hassle nor bribes.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@DK1NV, hasn't changed. You need multiple passports if you do business in both Israel and the Arabic (Islamic) countries of the Middle East. You won't get residency/work visa in most ME countries if you've got an Israeli stamp in your passport. The trick if you only have one passport is to put a blank piece of paper in it when you enter Israel - they know the issue and stamp that instead of your actual passport.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Automatically every time. Post Brexit, I’ve accumulated Italy, Spain, Finland and Norway. Added to the lone US stamp.

[Covid preventing trips to (and stamps from) Austria and Switzerland].

The passport’s beginning to look like my first passport from 1978 onwards, I liked the stamps, gives an added feeling of ‘having travelled’.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@DK1NV, two passports is common if you travel a lot - if you need to travel to country A, and also need to travel to country B while your passport is away getting the visa for country A. Never heard of 3 or 4 passports! would hate to travel THAT much!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@geoff10, depends where you work and what you do wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yep, I've got two in my name.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@geoff10, I had a freind who had 4 passports 2 UK, a un lasser passer and a fake one he bought jsut for fun (or so he said). He did travel a lot and usually had one in for visas
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My grandfather had 2 of the double thickness passports, and not much space left for additional stamps. Tehran and Cairo were certainly in there. Not sure about Israel. But then he'd have had the extra paperwork for "where you work and what you do Wink "

And there's me with a measly 4 stamps, 1 of which was only a souvenir. And the only country where they stopped me querying certain existing stamps was entry in to Switzerland with a Russian stamp. Never did work out why.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
it used to be that if you ever went to Israel or South Africa you needed a seperate passport to record those visits
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Israel usually just stamp a bit of paper now. A lot of countries are phasing out the traditional passport visas for tourists and either going visa free (you will still get a stamp and limited number of days) to increase tourism, or online visa applications where you get a print out that works as a visa. Definitely far more convenient than back in the day posting passports of to Embassy's or stopping off in a 3rd country to pick up a visa. Used to be a lot of chat about where to pick up certain visas with certain Embassy's being much easier or harder, nowadays theres only a few difficult ones to get.
Quite nice to look back through old passports and see the stamps and visas and dates. Not so much fun when you get selected for "random" extra screening because youve been to some places considered dodgy. I'm still not allowed an esta thanks to Obama banning those of us that habe visited undesirable countries.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I’m quite interested to see what happens when I try to reenter Schengen in the New Year. Our préfecture in France only did my post-Brexit residency interview the day before we left. I hence only have a hand written note of my « numéro étranger ». I don’t think the French care, but am curious about our first stop in Germany.

Interesting times for us. I was nearly denied boarding to Denmark a few months ago (in Lyon). They demand that UK citizens vaccinations were performed in the UK, unless you can prove residence elsewhere. After about 30 mins at check in, and showing them an email confirmation of my residence application, I eventually got the Gallic shrug and made it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy