Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Situation with Pass Sanitaire in 3V...

Poster: A snowHead
Mike S wrote:
The Meribel website says that the Synlab PCR tests are 44 euros and the antigen tests 25 euros https://www.meribel.net/informations-covid-19/

thanks. the problem is that there are no appointments beyond 31st dec for any of those testing centes in the 3v on synlab. it seems the ones using doctolib are much better organised as I have booked up to 15th jan for les menuires and morzine. i can cancel the ones I dont want once we know what we are doing.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
According to replies on the local community FB Group Page (the Valley Echo), the Synlab test centre in Les Menuires will be taking bookings from the 15 Dec. I have no idea why they are not taking bookings in advance.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mike S wrote:
According to replies on the local community FB Group Page (the Valley Echo), the Synlab test centre in Les Menuires will be taking bookings from the 15 Dec. I have no idea why they are not taking bookings in advance.

thanks. i am booked at the pharmacy in menuires for now and have email confirmation of daily appointments in the early evening so we can go after skiing. I will leave them in place and if something better comes along I can always cancel them as they get released back to others immediately (i made and error with one of the bookings so cancelled it immediately and the timeslot appeared back on the list within a minute)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@backhojo, i am in les menuires next week, am going to pop into the pharmacy and confirm the antigen costs for feb with them, and i will post it on here next week.
as said, i am hoping that my daughter does not need to use them by then, but will keep my options open until i can confirm either way.
will also be able to see how the system works on the ground over xmas week.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
been in the 3v's for 9 days now and PS checked everywhere in Meribel and Mottaret on virtually every indoor stop. ALL bars, restaurants in town have been very vigilant. occasionally checked in lift queue, mainly on bubbles and gondolas. have seen people refused entry on lifts without masks or PS. They aren't bothered about exact type of mask.

Only was in Courchevel once and was not checked on lifts or coffee stop
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
terrygasson wrote:
@backhojo, i am in les menuires next week, am going to pop into the pharmacy and confirm the antigen costs for feb with them, and i will post it on here next week.
as said, i am hoping that my daughter does not need to use them by then, but will keep my options open until i can confirm either way.
will also be able to see how the system works on the ground over xmas week.

thanks. thats helpful as nowhere on the les menuires site does it say how much !! my son cant have his 2nd jab until early feb and we are hoping to ski in early jan so no option but tests
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skimottaret wrote:
been in the 3v's for 9 days now and PS checked everywhere in Meribel and Mottaret on virtually every indoor stop. ALL bars, restaurants in town have been very vigilant. occasionally checked in lift queue, mainly on bubbles and gondolas. have seen people refused entry on lifts without masks or PS. They aren't bothered about exact type of mask.

thanks. we wont have indoor stops as we dont visit restaurants / coffee stops. we prefer to picnic. however its not worth risking not having a PS as they are likely to do random checks on lifts I think
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Test times and dates released for beginning of Jan this am on https://covid.synlab.fr certainly for Parc Olympique, Meribel. Apparently another doc is opening up in Mott soon, don;t have details yet but will post when I find out.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
this is a more direct link to the 3v testing https://covid.synlab.fr/static?reverse&groupe=COVID3VALLEES#/F143/appointment
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Am I right in saying that the NHS app with an up to date CV19 pass is acceptable or do I need to download another app?

We are a group of adults all double jabbed (and some will be triple by the time we come to the 3V).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fridge03 wrote:
Am I right in saying that the NHS app with an up to date CV19 pass is acceptable or do I need to download another app?.
The Covid Pass on the NHS App works fine. To make it easier to access, you can save the pass to your 'wallet' or make it the 'wallpaper' for your screen. It is also a good idea to have a hard copy (in case your phone dies) and better still if you laminate it up, so you can produce it when needed, rather than having to pull out your phone.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mike S wrote:
Fridge03 wrote:
Am I right in saying that the NHS app with an up to date CV19 pass is acceptable or do I need to download another app?.
The Covid Pass on the NHS App works fine. To make it easier to access, you can save the pass to your 'wallet' or make it the 'wallpaper' for your screen. It is also a good idea to have a hard copy (in case your phone dies) and better still if you laminate it up, so you can produce it when needed, rather than having to pull out your phone.

Nice one. Thanks.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
backhojo wrote:
Mike S wrote:

thanks. i am booked at the pharmacy in menuires for now and have email confirmation of daily appointments in the early evening so we can go after skiing. I will leave them in place and if something better comes along I can always cancel them as they get released back to others immediately (i made and error with one of the bookings so cancelled it immediately and the timeslot appeared back on the list within a minute)

I’m still struggling. Is there any chance (pleas) you could post their email address and I’ll try directly?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
For my mate without a booster, can he use C19 Testing certificate for PS?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sugarmoma666 wrote:
Joeninetee1 wrote:
I saw that but then I read this...?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/ski-alps-covid-test-uk-france-b971303.html

That's referring to the antigen tests supplied by companies like Qured and C19testing, where you take the test and they validate the result remotely. These are fine for the testing before returning to England, but I don't believe they work for the Pass Sannitaire.

Why wouldn’t the C19 work for PS?
latest report
I assume because C19 etc are not linked to SI-DEP (French system for validating the results)
snow conditions
I ordered a test kit from C19 purely to see how long it would take to come backwith a certificate/QR code and if TousAntiCovid app would accept it the same way in did the codes from my NHS app, as mentioned above the C19 QR codes weren't recognised.
latest report
Realred80 wrote:
[quote=I’m still struggling. Is there any chance (pleas) you could post their email address and I’ll try directly?

I see that the Les Menuires website https://lesmenuires.com/fr/covid is now showing that the Synlab Reberty test centre won't be open until 20 December and the Reberty/Les Menuires Synlab centres are no longer showing up on the Synlab drop down list https://covid.synlab.fr/static?reverse&groupe=COVID3VALLEES#/F143/appointment. There are no e-mail addresses given for the Synlab centres.

Your best bet would appear to be the pharmacy in Les Menuires https://www.doctolib.fr/pharmacie/les-belleville/pharmacie-des-menuires-arnaud-dumas They are showing evening slots available from next Sunday. I cannot find their e-mail address but their telephone number is 0033 479 00 66 60 https://www.pharm-upp.fr/pharmacie/340830-PHARMACIE+DES+MENUIRES.html

Hope this helps.
snow report
Mike S wrote:
Realred80 wrote:
[quote=I’m still struggling. Is there any chance (pleas) you could post their email address and I’ll try directly?

I see that the Les Menuires website https://lesmenuires.com/fr/covid is now showing that the Synlab Reberty test centre won't be open until 20 December and the Reberty/Les Menuires Synlab centres are no longer showing up on the Synlab drop down list https://covid.synlab.fr/static?reverse&groupe=COVID3VALLEES#/F143/appointment. There are no e-mail addresses given for the Synlab centres.

Your best bet would appear to be the pharmacy in Les Menuires https://www.doctolib.fr/pharmacie/les-belleville/pharmacie-des-menuires-arnaud-dumas They are showing evening slots available from next Sunday. I cannot find their e-mail address but their telephone number is 0033 479 00 66 60 https://www.pharm-upp.fr/pharmacie/340830-PHARMACIE+DES+MENUIRES.html

Hope this helps.

i booked 7 x daily appointments with the pharmacy with relative ease, once I fathomed out how to reigster with Doctolib. persevere with doctolib because once you are registered its really easy to book subsequent appointments.
latest report
Mike S wrote:
Realred80 wrote:

Hope this helps.

Thanks again for your help, but yep, still struggling. I can see appointments for 15th and 16th Dec but then nothing until the 31st Dec on the pharmacy in les menuires link. My sense of humour is being fully tested now. Laughing
snow report
Realred80 wrote:

Thanks again for your help, but yep, still struggling. I can see appointments for 15th and 16th Dec but then nothing until the 31st Dec on the pharmacy in les menuires link. My sense of humour is being fully tested now. Laughing

I'm afraid that the availability has changed in the last couple of hours since I looked at it. There were slots available from 19-24 Dec. May still be worth giving them a call.
ski holidays
Mike S wrote:
Realred80 wrote:

Hope this helps.

snow report
skimottaret wrote:

It has generally been the exact opposite in Val Thorens this week. We had only one meal out but they didn't bother with checking Covid passes. And when we skied to Courchevel and back a couple of days ago again no one bothered checking the PS on lifts, in any of the three valleys we skied in. And they weren't fussy at all about mask wearing.

Mind, we think it's a nonsense that on a couple of chairlifts today the lift attendant bellowed, "Masque SVP" when we were on the approach - in the open air, with no one else in sight. Yet we can sit indoors, in a crowded restaurant or bar and remain maskless rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
Any idea how to get a Val Thorens antigen daily?
latest report
bezthespaniard wrote:
Any idea how to get a Val Thorens antigen daily?

Follow the links posted above to the 3V testing centres.
ski holidays
Won't let me book for Jan
snow report
I booked a block in Meribel on Monday from 1st to 8th - but after that could only book to 10th. Sunday night you could only book to the 31st. I think they release batches every so often? Perhaps phone them?
snow conditions
Just called them and sorted appointments. thx
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bezthespaniard wrote:

Who did you call. Could I borrow the number please?
snow report
Realred80 wrote:
bezthespaniard wrote:

Nice one
ski holidays
Hi,

In January we will be in Les Menuires and some of my colleagues are unvaccinated. Do you have to take COVID test every day to make "Pass Sanitarie" valid?

Thanks.
latest report
@matejp, are your colleagues brits? If so, I thought the rules were that they need a compelling reason to enter France (not holidays) and to quarantine on arrival.
snow conditions
Realred80 wrote:
bezthespaniard wrote:

Google Val Thorens health pass

There’s a guide. I called the covid centre
ski holidays
snowdave wrote:
@matejp, are your colleagues brits? If so, I thought the rules were that they need a compelling reason to enter France (not holidays) and to quarantine on arrival.

If Brits
7 day islation if they are coming for hols then PCR for release.
If they are are already in France for other reasons then, yes they will have to have daily tests. If they are already in France they should already know this in order to go about daily public life in France?

If coming from another country, entry to France rules may be different but the PS applies to all.
ski holidays
@snowdave and @Ackie68: We are not Brits but citizens of EU country in Schengen area. I read the COVID rules but I would like to hear from people situated there what is the situation on the ground.

Do they perform checks regularly? I read posts from this year SH bash but I cant get a clear picture how strict they are for lifts.
snow report
For info, I had a quick slide around over Les Menuires side today and they were checking Passe Sanitaires at the Doron lift coming backup to LM from La Masse, so there are definitely some on-slope checks happening.
ski holidays
I’ve been on the phone to all the pharmacies as well as the Tourist Advice for each resort.

They are ramping up checks for when it’s busier apparently.

Best advice I received was to visit a pharmacy and ask for a PS QR code on day one. Show a doctors letter and they will give you one.
latest report
bezthespaniard wrote:
I’ve been on the phone to all the pharmacies as well as the Tourist Advice for each resort.

Best advice I received was to visit a pharmacy and ask for a PS QR code on day one. Show a doctors letter and they will give you one.

Which circumstance is this applicable to? i.e. what will your doctor's letter say?
latest report
sugarmoma666 wrote:
bezthespaniard wrote:

Which circumstance is this applicable to? i.e. what will your doctor's letter say?

If you can’t be vaccinated or if you aren’t yet eligible for a booster. Or if you got the booster but it’s not on your EU certificate.

Mainly for Irish people who can’t get a booster yet.
ski holidays
Found a new use for an Apple watch snowHead :

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy