Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo skier looking for a group 15-22/01/22

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off work that week and none of my pals are free. Has anyone got a trip planned that could fit one extra?
I'm 31, intermediate level. Happy to ski with anyone-might even give snowboarding a go (gasp!)
Not too fussed on location-I'll be flying from Glasgow so most European resorts should be within striking distance.
Please let me know if anyone's got a spot and I'd be happy to chat further Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Heya,
Just to say, if you don't have any luck on here, www.snowclans.com is a free site that's just launched for exactly this kind of thing, your ad gets posted on insta too.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm planning on heading to Verbier from 1st -22nd Jan. Solo at the moment but if others are interested I'd be up for meeting up and/or sharing accommodation.

I'm 31 and an intermediate off piste skiier.

Give me a shout if you fancy it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm thinking of Spain (La Molina, fly to Barcelona) for W/C 15/1, as there is no test requirement to enter Spain if Vaccinated, and I am looking for a Buddy to Ride with, if your interested? I'm a 50+ experienced Boarder who just wants to get away on snow!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi, I'm planning to go to Kronplaz (South Tirol - Italy) for that period. I am a good skier and I am 60 male. Unfortunately my wife can't ski and my friends ate busy. Send me a message if you are interested in skiing together.
Bye
Gio
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi, I'm supposed to be in Morzine 16th to 23rd January but am currently off work with a trapped sciatic nerve which isn't showing signs of getting better. I'm with a group who are also mostly flying out of Glasgow to Geneva (my tickets are from Bristol). The chalet is amazing (we were there two years ago), the food five star, and you are right on the slopes. Details here: https://www.woodlandschalets.com/chalet-pleney
The group are mixed ability, mostly skiers and in their late twenties to thirties. I've paid £650 but will let it go for £500 plus £50 return transfer. I'll see if I can figure out a way to transfer the lift pass, it was bought in November when they were discounted and I was still fit!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@paramillitaryblobby, welcome to Snowheads from a fellow weegie.

If you can change your holiday to the next week there is a Snowheads event in Alleghe.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
intheshedagain wrote:
Hi, I'm supposed to be in Morzine 16th to 23rd January but am currently off work with a trapped sciatic nerve which isn't showing signs of getting better. I'm with a group who are also mostly flying out of Glasgow to Geneva (my tickets are from Bristol). The chalet is amazing (we were there two years ago), the food five star, and you are right on the slopes. Details here: https://www.woodlandschalets.com/chalet-pleney
The group are mixed ability, mostly skiers and in their late twenties to thirties. I've paid £650 but will let it go for £500 plus £50 return transfer. I'll see if I can figure out a way to transfer the lift pass, it was bought in November when they were discounted and I was still fit!

As it stands you can't ski in France if you're coming in direct from UK, even through airports in Sui or Ita, no?
Have the chalet not given you notice of likely cancellation if rules don't change?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As it stands you can't ski in France if you're coming in direct from UK, even through airports in Sui or Ita, no?
Have the chalet not given you notice of likely cancellation if rules don't change?[/quote]

I am not the organiser so am not in direct contact with the chalet but, apparently, they are being quite optimistic about the travel ban being lifted.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@intheshedagain, I did wonder, interesting standpoint, not sure I share the same optimism of a travel ban being lifted in a mere 2.5 weeks given Omicron cases continue to soar in both countries and there remains uncertainty over hospitalisations and beds capacity.
I'm in a similar situation to you, not injured but have PdS lift pass and Jet2 flights Glasgow Geneva 15-22 Jan I no longer really want. Have insurance but holding off making a claim for now until I see what happens, not even sure what I'm covered for. I could still go (and stay on Swiss side of PdS) but I hate all this current fuss. Your accom offer caught my eye but at 52 I'm a bit old for that demographic and I'm Sat-Sat rather than Sun-Sun (if France does reopen).
Sorry about the sciatica, I know that pain. Crying or Very sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Klammertime wrote:
@intheshedagain, I did wonder, interesting standpoint, not sure I share the same optimism of a travel ban being lifted in a mere 2.5 weeks given Omicron cases continue to soar in both countries and there remains uncertainty over hospitalisations and beds capacity.
I'm in a similar situation to you, not injured but have PdS lift pass and Jet2 flights Glasgow Geneva 15-22 Jan I no longer really want. Have insurance but holding off making a claim for now until I see what happens, not even sure what I'm covered for. I could still go (and stay on Swiss side of PdS) but I hate all this current fuss. Your accom offer caught my eye but at 52 I'm a bit old for that demographic and I'm Sat-Sat rather than Sun-Sun (if France does reopen).
Sorry about the sciatica, I know that pain. Crying or Very sad

Youngster! I was 55 when I went on the last trip with them! They're a great bunch and didn't seem at all fazed by me heading to bed at 2200hrs!
Don't worry about your lift pass; I've been in touch with the company and they are quite happy to transfer my pass to different dates, offer a 'credit' or simply refund if the borders are closed. They are fully aware of the situation, to their credit have obviously pulled in a lot of staff, and want to keep good customer relations.
If Jet2 are on the same page as EasyJet then they should also be OK with shifting dates. My flights out of Bristol were carried over from last year with no additional fees.
As for whether we will even be allowed in, I agree it's up in the air and perhaps I should clarify that, if the borders are closed then I am quite happy to refund and 'keep' the holiday because I am sincerely hoping to nail this back problem by March when we are being offered alternative dates.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@paramillitaryblobby,
hiya buddy. have you sorted out a trip yet?
thanks steven
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy