Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) Vaccine Issue

Poster: A snowHead
One of my group is joining us in VT from Ireland this coming January, he flies into the UK and we all fly to France together.

In Ireland, he was given the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, known as the Janssen Jab, which is only given as one dose. Ireland considers him fully vaccinated and he isn't due to be offered a booster until late Jan or Feb 2022.

However, the new French rules state:

'Starting on 15 December, people 65 and older or who were vaccinated with a Janssen vaccine must provide proof of booster vaccination for their COVID certificate to be extended'

This seems to suggest that without a booster, he will be considered unvaccinated and be unable to get a Pass Sanitaire.

BUT the official EU Digital COVID Certificate site says:

'This means that, in the context of travel, Member States should not refuse a vaccination certificate that has been issued less than 9 months since the administration of the last dose of the primary vaccination.'

So which rules apply? Will he be rejected or is he ok?

Any advice/opinion appreciated. TIA
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When did he receive his original jab? Looks like he needs the booster within 2 months of the original to be considered fully vaxxed.

Quote:
From December 15, 2021:

People 65 years and older vaccinated with double-dose vaccine (Pfizer, Moderna, Astrazeneca) should have received their booster dose (3 th dose) 7 months after their last injection.
People vaccinated with the Janssen vaccine, regardless of their age, should have received their booster dose at most 2 months after the injection of their single dose.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jabbed in August so he won't be given the booster in time.

Seems to create a conflict of rules. France wants him to have a booster which Ireland won't give him. He has a valid EU Covid Certificate which says fully vaxxed on it, so can France reject this?

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 6-12-21 14:24; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
[quote="bezthespaniard"]
Timmycb5 wrote:
When did he receive his original jab? Looks like he needs the booster within 2 months of the original to be considered fully vaxxed.

Quote:
From December 15, 2021:

People 65 years and older vaccinated with double-dose vaccine (Pfizer, Moderna, Astrazeneca) should have received their booster dose (3 th dose) 7 months after their last injection.
People vaccinated with the Janssen vaccine, regardless of their age, should have received their booster dose at most 2 months after the injection of their single dose.
[/quote

Jabbed in August so he won't be given the booster in time.

Seems to create a conflict of rules. France wants him to have a booster which Ireland won't give him. He has a valid EU Covid Certificate which says fully vaxxed on it, so can France reject this?

I think, though I may be wrong, that he will be allowed to travel to France without a compelling reason, but that doesn't mean he'll qualify for the pass sanitaire, which is used to access the lifts, bars, restaurants, etc.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah i think you may be right. But Pass Sanitaire app isn't only way to access those things.

If he is challenged and shows his Irish certificate, i'm fairy confident it would be accepted.

Irish website has this guidance:

Important note for those aged 65 and over: From 15 December, your health pass will no longer be valid unless you have received a booster dose of COVID-19 vaccine.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
he should be due to get his booster jab now from what I understand. best option would be to check which pharmacists are doing the vax jabs in his area and make contact with them, I know of some people that just walked in to the pharmacy and got the jab there and then. better off not waiting for our pathetic health service to make contact with him.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Is it possible that the new Over 65 rule just applies to French residents and not visitors ??

Ireland is (currently!) on the French 'green' list - providing easier entry requirements if travelling direct..
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
garc wrote:
he should be due to get his booster jab now from what I understand. best option would be to check which pharmacists are doing the vax jabs in his area and make contact with them, I know of some people that just walked in to the pharmacy and got the jab there and then. better off not waiting for our pathetic health service to make contact with him.

He's checked and almost begged the Irish health services to get a booster but he isn't in the age range for it over there.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
albob wrote:
Is it possible that the new Over 65 rule just applies to French residents and not visitors ??

Ireland is (currently!) on the French 'green' list - providing easier entry requirements if travelling direct..

I think the rule could be aimed locally but no one is sure. We will see if his ToutAntiCovid app turns off on the 15th
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
This from the Irish gov seems to indicate fully vacced OR a negative PCr

"Upon arrival in France, you are encouraged by the French government to download the TousAntiCOVID app. Travellers should also familiarise themselves with ongoing restrictions related to the wearing of masks and the operation of France’s health pass (passe sanitaire). The health pass establishes fully-vaccinated status, or a negative result from an RT-PCR or antigen test, or recovery from COVID. It is interoperable with the EU Digital COVID Certificate."
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bezthespaniard wrote:
Yeah i think you may be right. But Pass Sanitaire app isn't only way to access those things.

If he is challenged and shows his Irish certificate, i'm fairy confident it would be accepted.

Irish website has this guidance:

Important note for those aged 65 and over: From 15 December, your health pass will no longer be valid unless you have received a booster dose of COVID-19 vaccine.

"Pass Sanitaire" is just the catch all term for a health pass. You can prove you are eligible for the health pass by showing vaccination according to the current French requirements (which he wouldn't qualify for), proof of recovery under 6 months ago, or 24 hour testing. This can be done on the app (TousAntiCovid) or by having a hard copy (and preferably with QR code) of the certificate proving the above.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
HAd the same issue travelling to Austria, but being over 50 managed to get my booster 2 weeks ago but a massive issue is the Irish government are not updating Covid Certificate with booster details or giving any proof of having received Booster not even Vaccine Card, Eh oh!Eh oh!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If travelling from the UK (orange) un-vacced have to provide a -PCR and then isolate for 7 days Sad

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Do they scan the PS if they check it? And if so, would it reject the QR code?

Or do they just have a look at it and let you go on your way?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@albob, you're conflating vaccine status for travel and that for the pass sanitaire. Jansenn plus 28 days is still considered fully vaccinated for travel, but not for the PS.
latest report
bezthespaniard wrote:
Do they scan the PS if they check it? And if so, would it reject the QR code?

Or do they just have a look at it and let you go on your way?

From what I understand, most resorts are doing spot checks. Not sure if they'll scan or not, but seeing as TAC Verif can be downloaded on any smart device, I'd guess they'll scan.
snow report
The Irish QR code remains valid for entering Irish events, so wondering how the French will be able to make the same code invalid to ski.
latest report
@bezthespaniard, because each country is applying different rules.
snow report
@bezthespaniard, the QR code just contains data such as date of birth, date of vaccine, name, batch number of vaccine etc. Each countries own verification app reads the data in the QR code and applies it's own rules to it. The over 65 thing will apply to everyone not just French residents, same as the rules for double jabbed teenagers are applied to everyone.
latest report
If you are an Irish recipient of Janssen and even if you received a booster recently - be aware that the Irish Health Service is not updating the EU Digital Health Covid Cert with boosters at present.

That means no QR code available to update the TAC French app…
latest report
5RED wrote:
If you are an Irish recipient of Janssen and even if you received a booster recently - be aware that the Irish Health Service is not updating the EU Digital Health Covid Cert with boosters at present.

That means no QR code available to update the TAC French app…

In addition it appears Irish citizens cannot avail of the "equivalent health pass" from French pharmacies as we are part of the EU!

https://www.sante.fr/how-to-obtain-a-french-health-pass
ski holidays
Does anyone have real world experience.

What does a check in resort consist of?
ski holidays
Someone posted on a Fbook forum that there were health pass checks at “some” ski lifts in Morzine / Les Gets region.
latest report
If they come near him with the TousAntiCovid scanners, he could just utter some traditional Irish expletives and be on his way... Shocked wink Laughing

http://youtube.com/v/2UytwNXpglU
snow conditions
Your mate is not the only with with this issue. A couple of Irish folk have posted about this on the Austria thread, Austria is not recognising the J&J jab from early January. This affects a few Irish people and lots of Dutch. The only solution is to get another jab, no way around it. The Irish EU certificate (or any other country) is basically a common QR code storing the vaccination details, it does NOT mean that those vaccinations are valid in a particular country. Whatever the Irish Health authorities might say he is not considered fully vaccinated in a number of countries. Your friend would not be allowed into Austria nor would he be allowed to ski (yes they do check). He might be allowed into France but you must assume that there will be careful checking of the certificates, digital or otherwise, to actually do anything once there.

If you want to know if a particular certificate is valid for a particular country some of the apps eg the German Corona Warn will check the validity say for France or Spain.
snow conditions
Just to muddy the waters a little, a friend of mine (Dutch) who was affected by the Jansen vaccine issue in Netherlands had no joy in sourcing a booster in Netherlands. She came to Austria last week and presented herself to the local vaccination centre complete with her Dutch yellow vaccine card and they jabbed her no problem. She does not have an Austrian social security number but it was no problem, I am not clear on whether she told them she would be working here but she has told other Dutch friends just to come and get boosters here.
snow conditions
@Chris_n, interesting. I wonder if it was because I think a couple of weeks ago an agreement was made to jab non-residents. The reason seemed to be because of citizens from countries to the east presenting themselves as unable to obtain jabs in their own countries, so Austria agreed to vaccinate them. I don’t think it was specific to any particular group though, so maybe Irish residents would be fine to try their luck?

Also, not sure how you would get a certificate without a social security number?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy