Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

In-person PCR testing near Eurotunnel arrivals?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Eurofins at Heathrow airport, anyone done that?

Gives me this address - 717 Southern Perimeter Road TW6 3SY Hounslow

Just want to be sure it's not a parking or access nightmare, and is infact a straight forward drive through as the website suggests.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Topper, Can't comment on the Heathrow site but we used the Eurofin drive thro' site near Warrington on Saturday morning for a Day 2 PCR.

Remain in vehicle. Scan the nasal swab test barcode into their app and drop the test phials (sealed in transit package) into a dropbox on the way out.

Test done at 10-30am. Email received at 5.00 am the following morning to say "sample at our Lab" and got the results at 9.00am, so under 24 hours turnaround.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We are booked at Express Test around 1500 on the 27th for PCR 2 day returns at the Gatwick site. It is not a rapid three hour result though. We used this site before we left for France the other day, test Thursday afternoon, result e mailed through Friday evening and we travelled Saturday morning. In retrospect doing PCRs was probably overkill but at the time of booking we thought we were covered if the rules suddenly changed, and did give us a chance to find the drive through location. Right on the perimeter road.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We are booked at Express Test around 1500 on the 27th for PCR 2 day returns at the Gatwick site. It is not a rapid three hour result though. We used this site before we left for France the other day, test Thursday afternoon, result e mailed through Friday evening and we travelled Saturday morning. In retrospect doing PCRs was probably overkill but at the time of booking we thought we were covered if the rules suddenly changed, and did give us a chance to find the drive through location. Right on the perimeter road.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar wrote:
Starting a new thread for this just in case my other question isn't spotted.

Has anyone used an in-person PCR-testing centre which is convenient to Eurotunnel arrivals at Folkstone? I'll arrive around 6pm and would like to get an immediate PCR test done somewhere nearby to increase the chances of getting the result back the following day.

You have two options in London:

1. Order from C19, test at home and drop the sample at the 24/7 drop box near Euston station and you should have an answer the next morning. We did this for a recent holiday where I drove to drop off at 11pm and we received emails when we woke up the next day.

2. Is to use DAM health in Fulham who have an in-house lab to provide a express 3 hour service.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ozboy wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
Starting a new thread for this just in case my other question isn't spotted.

Has anyone used an in-person PCR-testing centre which is convenient to Eurotunnel arrivals at Folkstone? I'll arrive around 6pm and would like to get an immediate PCR test done somewhere nearby to increase the chances of getting the result back the following day.

You have two options in London:

1. Order from C19, test at home and drop the sample at the 24/7 drop box near Euston station and you should have an answer the next morning. We did this for a recent holiday where I drove to drop off at 11pm and we received emails when we woke up the next day.

2. Is to use DAM health in Fulham who have an in-house lab to provide a express 3 hour service.
Thanks. The DAM rapid PCR test is not approved for the Day-2 test. They offer a 24-hour service for those tests.

I’ll have another look at C19 (I used them for my antigen tests and they were very efficient), I think they have walk-in centres and drop-boxes near me at Heathrow. The last time I checked with them their Day-2 test service was also 24 hours after receipt of the test sample.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@rob@rar, yes their PCR are 24 hrs but fast tracked if dropped directly at the lab. Good to know about DAM as that was going to be our plan.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy