Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TO’s plans for travel to Austria - specifically inghams

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are due to travel to Austria with Inghams on 13th of December. With the current Covid situation and lockdown I believe Austria are updating the situation decision on 11th.. that it’s just two days to know that we are doing or not. I’ve tried calling Inghams on numerous occasions and can’t get through to speak to anyone and no response to emails .does anyone have an idea what their plan is.

I realise it’s a difficult situation but not knowing what their plan is is frustrating even if we knew they would make a decision by x date.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://www.inghams.co.uk/travel-advice/coronavirus/ski-hub#Austria

It is not much help though...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@albob, thanks although it is a couple of weeks old..
Managed to speak with Inghams and they are expecting to have clearer information Monday… could be just a holding statement though.
If my memory is correct I am sure when we have had lockdowns in the past a date was set and when the lockdown was due to be lifted we had a few days notice of confirmation that it was going to be lifted..applying the same logic Austria could announce midweek that the weekend lockdown will end.. just my thoughts for what they are worth!!
Glass is always half full approach Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@MogulMonkey, bearing in mind Wednesday is a public holiday in Austria (immaculate conception) and there has just been a major chenge in government I expect some thing to become clearer on either Tuesday or more likely Thursday.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@MogulMonkey, There is a thread on all this, currently 110 pages and going up all the time. Endless speculation but the basic answer is no one has a clue what is going to happen especially with the issues @Chris_n, mentioned above. I doubt there will be a definitive answer until the end of the week.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@MogulMonkey, I've got my finger hovering over the cancel button for our Christmas trip, and will make a decision end next week but am not optimistic, I think it likely that resorts will be closed until end January for all but locals. We are planning self drive, I would definitely not go with a tour operator seeing how people were treated when we were hastily evacuated 13.03.20 from Austrian resort. In these times you need flexibility I suggest, being trapped in an other country at a time when cases are rising and potentially with high Covid risk and quarantine, with all the financial consequences is not one I'd recommend to anyone right now unless you have a car to get the heck out of there independently and back to UK you are taking a big risk irrespective of what Inghams do.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy