Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS - Summary for Fully Vaccinated & Boosted People

Poster: A snowHead
@StroudSteve, just done my docs for Eurotunnel: covid pass and statement of honour. That's all I am aware of.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Layne wrote:
@StroudSteve, just done my docs for Eurotunnel: covid pass and statement of honour. That's all I am aware of.

Thanks @Layne. I've just looked at the Eurotunnel page - https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/travelling-with-us/latest/covid-19/#foca - and that directs to the French Government page I linked, with the comment "Click the "Orange Area" tab...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
StroudSteve wrote:
Layne wrote:

Thanks @Layne. I've just looked at the Eurotunnel page - https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/travelling-with-us/latest/covid-19/#foca - and that directs to the French Government page I linked, with the comment "Click the "Orange Area" tab...

Sorry, that was wrong. It's a different page.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@StroudSteve, I suspect that some 'pages' have not yet caught up with the latest changes

All you need is Proof of Vac and Sworn statement (your carrier might think differently tho' !!)

https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So I am flying into GVA into 2 weeks, then driving from Switzerland to France. First foreign trip for 3 years!

From here I don't need to do anything to fly into Switzerland? https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/switzerland/entry-requirements#entry-rules-in-response-to-coronavirus-covid-19

and the same for France? https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements

with the addition of a déclaration sur l’honneur.

Is there anything else that either Easyjet or the French ski resorts will need?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@kitenski, I'm flying this weekend and haven't checked yet but assumed I still had to do the Swiss PLF on the way out (plus French attestation, but I just keep changing the date on that).

No testing either way if double jabbed. OK once in France for bars/restos if triple jabbed (for someone of your vintage, youngsters only need two).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nothing for Swiss (no test, no form, no vaccination status or recovery proof.).

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4934311#4934311

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just want to sanity check something!

I had my second dose was 5 months ago, have a covid recovery from last month.

At present I'm not allowed to enter France unless I get a booster (and wait 7 days) or have a compelling reason right? The covid recovery is only good once I'm in France but doesn't let me enter?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Following this afternoon's statement from the PM on relaxing Covid restrictions, I can't see the UK PLF requirement lasting much longer...

Thursday 24 February marks the end of routine contact tracing – because contacts are no longer being required to test or isolate.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@albob, they will provide an update on the PLF before Easter apparently.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Does anyone know the rule for unvaccinated people transiting through france to Andorra?

Some sites say its a compelling reason and is allowed and some say you have to be fully vaccinated.

I've been going round and round in circles for days.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
K2Punk wrote:
Does anyone know the rule for unvaccinated people transiting through france to Andorra?

Some sites say its a compelling reason and is allowed and some say you have to be fully vaccinated.

I've been going round and round in circles for days.

Adult or child with adult? I'm in Andorra now, travelled on Saturday with my 14 yr old daughter.

I had my vaccine pass checked at the airport & my daughter had her test result checked, here in Andorra most restaurants are checking vaccine passes for me but not my daughter. Nobody has asked for the sworn statement that I filled in at the airport.
I was going through similar panic & had a moment at the airport when the easyjet staff questioned my daughters lack of vaccine pass (she has 1 jab & had covid in November) but the supervisor cleared it as she was travelling with her fully vaccinated parent, phew! my daughter was about to lynch me Shocked Shocked
The accommodation check in also asked for my vaccine pass but not for anyone else staying there.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It's for 2 adults and no kids.

Yeah, children upto 17 don't have to be vaccinated but those over seem to be able to travel through France to Andorra but I'm not sure about the cafes and restaurants.

The rules have only just changed and I'm still confused with it all. I've spent days on the French government site.

I hope you are enjoying Andorra!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/a-z-list-of-countries/slovenia/
Slovenia to drop all covid requirements - Myself and 3 kids might lookin into this and none of us have the Vax - Can anyone remonmmed a beginner set up for the lot of us. Many thanks
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Gazzaman22 wrote:
https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/a-z-list-of-countries/slovenia/
Slovenia to drop all covid requirements - Myself and 3 kids might lookin into this and none of us have the Vax - Can anyone remonmmed a beginner set up for the lot of us. Many thanks

I've just looked and can't find any direct flights to Slovenia with the options being Frankfurt.

Are there any other options and would Frankfurt allow the transit rule?
latest report
K2Punk wrote:

Yeah, children upto 17 don't have to be vaccinated but those over seem to be able to travel through France to Andorra but I'm not sure about the cafes and restaurants.

The rules have only just changed and I'm still confused with it all. I've spent days on the French government site.

You can’t enter france without a compelling reason as unvaccinated. Transit allowed but only through the airside international zone of an airport, not land transit.
latest report
Dd4 wrote:
K2Punk wrote:

You can’t enter france without a compelling reason as unvaccinated. Transit allowed but only through the airside international zone of an airport, not land transit.

Aye, I was corrected on that earlier and I understand a bit more now.

Bulgaria and Slovenia look like they have no restrictions though.
ski holidays
For getting into Geneva Airport and then on to France; is a screen shot of the "foreign travel" proof of vaccination QR code what you need to show?

Or do I need to print it out and have a paper document?

Cheers
latest report
@Mosha Marc, screen shot is ok but I've found hard copies work best. There have been lots of hold ups caused by people messing about getting the right images/files/apps up on their phone when I've travelled.
snow report
@adithorp, cheers
snow conditions
NHS App has the QR for proof yeah? Also going into GVA and then onto France shortly!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy