Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS - Summary for Fully Vaccinated & Boosted People

Poster: A snowHead
adspence78 wrote:
albob wrote:
@adspence78, Welcome to SnowHeads

My belief is that you need the 'sworn statement' under the heading 2.2 health measures (the other form no longer necessary for full vacced)

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel#from2

Unsure about the Swiss bit -- you could try this page to check -- https://travelcheck.admin.ch/home

Ah, I see that is the "Green" Sworn Statement dated Jan 6th. I guess it'll be fine, and pretty unlikely for anyone to actually ask for it anyway.

Thanks.

I am a belt and braces person ! :: I would grab both the English and French versions (the French one is dated 14th Jan) : click on the DÉPLACEMENT VERS/DEPUIS LE ROYAUME-UNI/ TRAVEL TO/FROM THE UNITED KINGDOM to ensure you get the correct version

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
albob wrote:
adspence78 wrote:
albob wrote:
@adspence78, Welcome to SnowHeads

My belief is that you need the 'sworn statement' under the heading 2.2 health measures (the other form no longer necessary for full vacced)

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel#from2

Unsure about the Swiss bit -- you could try this page to check -- https://travelcheck.admin.ch/home

Ah, I see that is the "Green" Sworn Statement dated Jan 6th. I guess it'll be fine, and pretty unlikely for anyone to actually ask for it anyway.

Thanks.

I am a belt and braces person ! :: I would grab both the English and French versions (the French one is dated 14th Jan) : click on the DÉPLACEMENT VERS/DEPUIS LE ROYAUME-UNI/ TRAVEL TO/FROM THE UNITED KINGDOM to ensure you get the correct version

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel

If you go this page (The French version) - https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Attestation-de-deplacement-et-de-voyage

Chrome can translate it for you - then click on the Travel From/To UK tab, those I believe are the forms required and again you can use Google translate to assist in filling them out.

But as someone said this morning on the now locked thread they were only asked to present vaccine and test status no sworn declaration....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Minion1980, Nice one !

Don't understand the locking of that thread - people still have questions, which is why they are coming here ; although the answer is probable in the locked thread....
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
So happy that we held our nerve with our booking for the end of the month to the 3V. We are driving down via the tunnel.

Just to be clear for 5 adults, all with 2 jabs and boosters.

Prior to leaving the UK

- Complete sworn statement https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel
- Proof of vaccination. We all have the NHS app but is it worth downloading the TousAntiCovid as well?
- Negative test 24 hours prior to departure. Will be going with an antigen/lft as not long had CV19 so worried that a PCR may still pick up the virus.
- Order day 2 tests for when we get home.

Whilst in France
- facemasks for indoor spaces. Do these need to be a specific type?
- facemasks for lifts. As above or will a buff make do?
- 48 hours before coming home complete Passenger Locator Form

Does that all look right? Any recommendations for the LFT prior to travel? Was looking at C19testing, Chronomics or Randox unless anyone can advise against one of them?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Do we have to fill out a CERTIFICATE FOR TRAVEL TO METROPOLITAN FRANCE
FROM THE UNITED KINGDOM and a SWORN UNDERTAKING TO COMPLY WITH RULES FOR ENTRY
INTO METROPOLITAN FRENCH TERRITORY?

Or just the latter? Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
If you are flying into Barcelona then driving into France later that night, would you need a 24 hour PCR up to 24 hours before crossing the border between Spain and France or because of Shengen there is no border and you are just subject to Spanish entry requirements that is proof of vaccination only?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We (3 of us) are off to Samoens on Sunday, flying via Geneva.

One of the party has taken a PCR today (not sure why as the other two are doing LFTs).

I've just read that the PCR should be in the last 24 hours.

This seems to different to any other country etc, etc.

Any advice, thoughts?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@e17phil, That is the current wording - 24hr

"All travellers, vaccinated or not, must initially present a negative test (PCR or antigen test) of less than 24 hours."
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quick question at the end of the sworn ‘statement of honour’ it says
Done in ……

Does that mean where eg colchester or is this where we sign it??
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Lucywuk, Fait à = Made in ; I would imagine it means where you are when signing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
albob wrote:
@Lucywuk, Fait à = Made in ; I would imagine it means where you are when signing
correct
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

@e17phil, That is the current wording - 24hr

"All travellers, vaccinated or not, must initially present a negative test (PCR or antigen test) of less than 24 hours."

@albob,

Yup, that's what I thought, I'm not going mad!!

bug
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Can someone explain to me about the 24 hour LFT please? Do you get it done at the airport or as local pharmacy or something?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Why do a PCR? More expensive. More likely to detect the virus. More chance your holiday is canned.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
FrediKanoute wrote:
Why do a PCR? More expensive. More likely to detect the virus. More chance your holiday is canned.

True but that's personal choice
ski holidays
@KVet79, I have ordered mine online : delivered to house : carry out the test at home : upload image of result : result sent to your phone - times vary from a few minutes to a couple of hours depending on provider.

Hadn't thought of local pharmacy = airport was out of the equation due to a 6.30 flight !!
ski holidays
Thanks @albob. Which company did you use? I was thinking of getting it done at the airport. It all seems so confusing!
ski holidays
I picked Excaliber (price has dropped to £12.50) from the list on the British Airways site (they offer discounts if you click through)

======

Have a look at the posts from @GlasgowCyclops on this page for a review

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=154979&highlight=excaliber&start=960
latest report
Quote:

FrediKanoute wrote:

True but that's personal choice

No idea why my mate did.........we'd only ever discussed LFTs!!!
snow conditions
Thanks again @albob. Just ordered.
snow report
Must say I'm getting really confused on the sworn statement, it looks like Brits need to compete the 'Certificate for Travel to Metropolitan France from the United Kingdom' (dated 14/01) and Sworn Statement (dated 06/01)? Or am I way off here?

Also on the sworn statement, what does this mean? Presume they reserve right to random tests if they so desire.

• I hereby agree on my honour to take an antigen test or biological examination on arrival in metropolitan France (traveller aged above 12 years).
snow report
I'm filling in the French version of the form as it seems the most straightforward, except for this bit :

Mme/M. :
Né(e) le :
Nationalité :
Demeurant :

Obviously I know my name, birthplace and nationality, but what does Demeurant mean, it translates according to google as Moreover? Anyone have any ideas?
snow report
James77 wrote:
Must say I'm getting really confused on the sworn statement, it looks like Brits need to compete the 'Certificate for Travel to Metropolitan France from the United Kingdom' (dated 14/01) and Sworn Statement (dated 06/01)? Or am I way off here?

Also on the sworn statement, what does this mean? Presume they reserve right to random tests if they so desire.

• I hereby agree on my honour to take an antigen test or biological examination on arrival in metropolitan France (traveller aged above 12 years).

James the English version of the forms are confusing and seem to be incorrect. - If you go to this page (the French version - https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Attestation-de-deplacement-et-de-voyage

In Chrome you get the option to translate to English, do that.

Scroll down and click on the tab TRAVEL TO / FROM UK

If you are fully vaccinated you only need to complete the 3rd form down, the Commitment on honor. Use google translate to assist you in filling it out, I've just done that and it was fairly straightforward, except for my question in the post above.

You shouldn't need anything else as far as I am aware. I think we need a separate thread for assisting people with filling in the documentation as it is not clear due to the different versions provided by the French Ministry site...

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 14-01-22 23:11; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Here is as good as anywhere I guess.
I’m researching logistics for a trip to Europe in March from Australia. Both myself and my wife are fully vaccinated.
I will book the flights only and leave everything else once we hopefully produce a negative test the day of our departure. Not ideal but doable given late March isn’t peak season.
Anyway my question is regarding the PCR test for our return flight to Australia. How do I know that the airline (Singapore) and the Australian government will recognise a test from a particular lab? There appear to be labs in the areas that we will likely be a couple of days before flying. How do I know they will return the results in time?
Thanks in advance.
snow report
Demeurant : residing . Hope this helps !
latest report
boulevardier wrote:
Demeurant : residing . Hope this helps !

It does massively! Thank you!!!
snow report
Please can anyone help? 6 adults travelling to France by Eurotunnel to stay in France. The declaration form, do we each print off and fill in and take paper copy, or do we each have to download it/ have it online, or do we each have to upload it onto the Eurotunnel booking? Thank you
latest report
feefee wrote:
Please can anyone help? 6 adults travelling to France by Eurotunnel to stay in France. The declaration form, do we each print off and fill in and take paper copy, or do we each have to download it/ have it online, or do we each have to upload it onto the Eurotunnel booking? Thank you

You need to print, complete, scan/pic, and upload for the eurotunnel. And also we carried the paper copy just in case.

You also need to upload your Lft/antigen certificate. And also have it printed (we were
Asked to show that at French passport control)

We have been asked for the pass sanitere once in 48 hours. Husband showed the French version, I showed the British. Both worked. We also have printed copies but haven’t carried them
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Lucywuk, brilliant thank you for confirming.
snow conditions
On the sworn statement I'm a bit confused:

"Initial place of origin (city/country)": Is this where I'm leaving from ie my home address?

"Final destination (city/country)": Is the address of the place that we're staying at for the week in France?

"Done in ____________________," : Done in what?

Many thanks,
latest report
@dredgey, French version says "Fait à" = Made in ; I would imagine it means where you are when signing
snow report
albob wrote:
@dredgey, French version says "Fait à" = Made in ; I would imagine it means where you are when signing

That’s how I filled it in.
Name. Current address in uk.
Then I put my town/uk
Then French town/France

At the end I put my town, date and signed.

It passed Eurotunnel checks
ski holidays
Any chance of someone posting a pic of the forms required please?
In order to clear things up for the hard of thinking like myself.
snow conditions
Eagerly waiting wrote:

Honestly it’s very simple. Much easier than I expected

As above
Name
Date of birth
Address
Then it asks where you are coming from eg town/uk
Where you are going eg town/France

Tick tick tick about 3 boxes

Made in means where are you when you are signing the form. Eg town/uk again
Date
Signature

Boom Eh oh!

It’s not that hard I promise (and I was really worried before I looked at it. Went through it. And asked what they mean by ‘made in’
snow conditions
Eagerly waiting wrote:

Just click on the correct bit and download the statement for yourself !

Click on 'travel to/from the United Kingdom' - scroll down to the 'health control measures' section and download the 'sworn statement'

======= NOTE ======

The English page has now been UPDATED to the 14th Jan regulations
snow report
Thanks,
Last time i looked it said we needed amber list form which included self iso etc
latest report
Have been told that france now want a witnessed antigen or pcr, not one you can do at home and then just send a photo of...is that the case .???.
snow report
@yorkshirelad, where did you see that? Also do you know if needed for transmitting France?
latest report
yorkshirelad wrote:
Have been told that france now want a witnessed antigen or pcr, not one you can do at home and then just send a photo of...is that the case .???.

I hope not I’ve bought the unwitnessed ones ,
there’s no mention either way on the french gov site.
Hopefully someone can clear this up before we travel on Saturday Puzzled
snow report
Eagerly waiting wrote:
yorkshirelad wrote:

I hope not I’ve bought the unwitnessed ones ,
there’s no mention either way on the french gov site.
Hopefully someone can clear this up before we travel on Saturday Puzzled

It’s the ‘fit to fly’ paid for ones with the results certified. Not the nhs ones. That’s all.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy