Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS - Summary for Fully Vaccinated & Boosted People

Poster: A snowHead
@motyl, Ahhhh ~: good point..
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And now a pre-departure test to return to the UK. Wonder if that is antigen or not?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Antigen or pcr for return to the uk. It means a visit to the local med centre and a Fr doctor doing the test.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It was very straightforward when we last visited meribel in September and was needed then.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I wonder if packing a few c19 home tests would be ok for the return. Just saves a trip to the pharmacy.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Rookiescot wrote:
I wonder if packing a few c19 home tests would be ok for the return. Just saves a trip to the pharmacy.

Yeah, that’s fine, we were doing that every week over the summer when we were back and forth.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That would be great - less expensive and more convenient. We are taking out a stash of LFs when we travel tomorrow. However I think it might mean a trip to the med centre Puzzled
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowqueen50 wrote:
That would be great - less expensive and more convenient. We are taking out a stash of LFs when we travel tomorrow. However I think it might mean a trip to the med centre Puzzled

We’ve used Medic Spot’s LFT 20+ times for the return leg. But they all will work the same. As long as they are fit to fly ones…? Otherwise, I think it’s the pharmacy for you…!

Edit: Although, actually, I could bring some out for you on Sat if you’re in Méribel centre and that gives you enough time to get the cert back before your return?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I’ve got 30 NHS LFTs as I’m a teacher, do I need to buy a private test to do with someone videocalling me?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Rookiescot wrote:

I'm not sure about that -- everything I have read states that you must use a Private Provider (in order to get a certificate/code) : the NHS ones are not acceptable
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Where do you have to tell the gov your test result before returning? Can’t see anything about that, just that you need to test.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@albob, “C19” is a the name of a private testing company who offer “Take with you on holiday” LFTs with photo upload for a Dr signed certificate.

@Macker13, you upload the test cert when you complete your PLF form. Or at least that was how it was last time we had to do them.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@rjj501, My bad Wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
albob wrote:
@rjj501, My bad Wink

When I was re-reading it, I was thinking “god, I hope they do mean C19 the company and not just an abbreviation of Covid-19! Haha!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sorry, I was unclear! Yes … I did mean C19 the company aka Cerulean Health. Have a few sitting in the cupboard left over from the summer. They were great for my teen’s predeparture flight to France - certificate emailed within 4 hrs. £22
ski holidays
So this new rule - if child tests positive pre departure during Uni SKU trip they’re knackered yeah ? Have to quarantine in France ?
Even fully vaccinate, with the huge numbers on these trips it’s a serious concern. Serious enough to cancel maybe . Gutting , and senseless
ski holidays
r11s wrote:
So this new rule - if child tests positive pre departure during Uni SKU trip they’re knackered yeah ? Have to quarantine in France ?
Even fully vaccinate, with the huge numbers on these trips it’s a serious concern. Serious enough to cancel maybe . Gutting , and senseless

"Child" & "Uni ski trip" - am I missing something?
snow conditions
@NickYoung, I guess @r11s has a child that is of university age…?
ski holidays
rjj501 wrote:
@NickYoung, I guess @r11s has a child that is of university age…?

That's not a child.

Or maybe they have parented an 11-year-old prodigy.
ski holidays
Updated with the new British nonsense
snow conditions
Macker13 wrote:
I’ve got 30 NHS LFTs as I’m a teacher, do I need to buy a private test to do with someone videocalling me?

Not possible to use nhs freeby tests it has to be a paid for one from a private supplier
Try C19 the company!
snow report
Not sure if I am overthinking it… but if you are flying back to the UK from Switzerland after a holiday in France, it seems those in the Rhone Alpes region are exempt from the PCR test in order to enter and fly from Geneva in line with Swiss rules/guidance.

Given the latest news, regardless of this exemption above, we are required to take a pre-departure test re UK rules/guidance? i.e the exemption is meaningless?
snow report
Macker13 wrote:
Where do you have to tell the gov your test result before returning? Can’t see anything about that, just that you need to test.

You have a paper certificate to show at check in passport control or a QR CODE on your phone from the test company
snow conditions
@NickYoung, blimey, you do like picking an argument!!
latest report
Quote:

Yeah, I can see this being a big problem for Wasteland (one of the main Uni trip organisers) - there are thousands of UK students heading out this week and next weekend, my daughter if off to Val Thorens next weekend in a group of 1200 from her Uni.
snow conditions
philipb wrote:
next weekend, my daughter if off to Val Thorens next weekend in a group of 1200 from her Uni.

That’s just brought back happy memories of a pre Xmas uni VT trip many years ago - I think it was that trip that we got stuck in heavy fog at Chambéry, and ended up in a hotel for the night.

Malaysia Nightclub will see some sights next week I’m sure…!
snow conditions
Quote:

Sat 04 Dec, 21
21:34

I try not to think about it! Having had her trip cancelled last year I'm just hoping they get away this year. Kids have had it so tough through this whole nightmare.
latest report
philipb wrote:
Quote:

Sat 04 Dec, 21
21:34

I try not to think about it! Having had her trip cancelled last year I'm just hoping they get away this year. Kids have had it so tough through this whole nightmare.

I really feel for them. It’s so wildly unfair. These restrictions do so little in terms of pandemic management, but do so much damage to those who are least at risk. No point in ranting I suppose… won’t change anything. But I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed…!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@philipb, fingers crossed for your daughter. The son of a friend of ours endured an overnight coach trip out for his university ski club in March 2020, only to be told after renting his skis that the lifts were closing and the coach would be on its way back to the UK the following morning.
latest report
@rjj501, @j b, Agreed - I wish the government would do a bit more to cut down on spread in this country (masks, vaccine passports) rather than take the easy option of looking tough on borders - which WHO etc seem to think achieve pretty little. We've followed all the rules throughout, both kids have had pretty shite year at Uni's and now all this.
latest report
philipb wrote:
@NickYoung, blimey, you do like picking an argument!!

Eh??!!

How so??
ski holidays
Quote:

Yes, like everyone else they have to make a decision - does the risk of it all going pear-shaped and the endless bureaucracy outweigh the fun element?

Personally, the testing, form-filling etc means I can't be bothered to go to our place in France (two years since it was last used) or anywhere else at the moment. Holidays are meant to be enjoyable and what's currently on offer doesn't pass the test.
ski holidays
3 fully vaccinated, 1 under 12.

Eurotunnel into France, driving directly to Austria (no SO)

...have I got this testing right (today)?

3 x 'fit to fly' approved LFT <48 hours prior to arrival in France on 17th December

QR codes on Green Pass for Austria (if we are allowed to travel there)

3 x pre-departure tests conducted whilst transiting France for Eurotunnel (approx return 29th Dec)

3 or 4 PCR test within 2 days of return to UK

TIA Blush ️ I am so confused Puzzled
snow conditions
Right

I have tried to go through everything in huge detail this morning

Our journey usually UK-France-CH by car.

OUT --- PCR test 72 hours before entering CH - will be fine for F if done 48 before entry - this gets us into F and CH
Then lateral flow test needed in 4-7 day window in CH

Return is more complex

BACK --- PCR test instant result needed (very difficult to find in Alpine CH) 48 hour window from test time - drive through F - enter UK within 48hrs
Then test within 2 days; plus quarantine

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 5-12-21 19:20; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@valais2, I don't think you need a PCR test to enter France on your return, so you could get a PCR in France for entry to the UK

From the French gov site

"From December 4, 2021, any person aged 12 and over entering French territory must present a negative PCR or antigen test of less than 24 or 48 hours depending on the country of origin . The only exception is that people with a complete vaccination schedule do not have to take a test when they arrive from a Member State of the European Union, Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, the Holy See or Switzerland."
snow conditions
valais2 wrote:
BACK --- PCR test instant result needed (very difficult to find in Alpine CH) 48 hour window from test time - drive through F - enter UK within 48hrs
Then 2 days; quarantine
The Day-2 PCR test is "on or before" day 2, so it might be possible to do the test on Day-0 (the day you arrive in the UK) and get the result back the following day.
ski holidays
Thanks albob - I keep finding different things for that. Complication is whether things will be open around New Year - we were figuring get a PCR instant result in Geneva and then scoot as quickly as we can back to UK. But I will now look at instant PCR test centres in France - thanks for the advice.
ski holidays
Thanks robrar - yes the timings have to be bang on - in our village in CH the results come back 'generally within 48 hrs' - which doesn't work at all....
I'll work on the Day 0 by trying to find an instant test in N France.

But the key thing is this - apparently you need RESULT to enter and the TEST must be done no more than 48 hrs before that?

This is the key thing which is not clear on the French and Gov.UK sites. is it really the case that it's only the TEST which needs to be done within the 48 hr window and no test RESULT needed for entry? That seems a bit crazy.
snow conditions
valais2 wrote:
I'll work on the Day 0 by trying to find an instant test in N France.
AIUI, the Day-2 test has to be done in the UK after you arrive. It can be done on Day-0 (the day you arrive), Day-1 or Day-2, but no later. Also, the rapid PCR tests do not meet the UK government's requirements, with one exception at Heathrow.

The pre-departure test you now need before you return to the UK can be a Lateral Flow test. Altogether much easier to manage - simply buy the test before you travel outbound, then complete it 24-hours before you start your journey back to the UK, getting your certificate online via your commercial test provider in the UK.
latest report
Valais2, you are not quite correct. You seem to be combining the pre return test and the day 2 test. They are two separate tests, one abroad (and entered on passenger locator form) and one in UK between day 0 & 2 (not sure what you do with these, my daughter did nothing with them in the summer)

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 5-12-21 11:46; edited 1 time in total
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy